What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oh No!!

Cagey Mac

Bench
Wasn't Emmett due back this week Godzy?
Nighty, BMoz, Tagive, Goodwin (has Cronin got speed?)
I guess five genuine wing options should be enough.
A 25 man squad doesn't leave us too much depth.

On a semi-related point Godzy; what do you think of Adrian Lam's coaching?

Cagey Mac

Bench
Just in case you didn't realise, we do have Goodwin and Cronin out injured.

Without those injuries, but with Cooper injured and Boyd, Morris and Gasnier in Origin (as in 4 of our first-choice back 5 all out), we would look like:

1. Goodwin
2. Tagive
3. Stanley
4. McKinnon
5. Nightingale

Then add Cronin to the list, as well as Prior who can play in the centres (albeit poorly), and Scott too (but he's in Origin).

There's Nathan Green in the 20s but he is not ready yet.
Would you consider switching Goodwin for Stanley or Nighty and if not McKinnon in 3, Stanley in 4

fortae

Bench
Who are the equivalents of Rein, De Belin, McKinnon, King and Merrin in the halves and the backs?

BJ Leilua, Kane Linnett, Dean Whare, Beau Henry, Joe Vickery, Luke Pickerd, David Uhi all came through our lower grades in recent years, all received better offers from weaker teams ... those players were not replaced in the system.

The list before those is endless ... Chase Stanley, Josh Morris, Keith Lulia, Joe Rokoqo, Wes & Kevin Naiqama, Etu Uaisele, Darryl & Ryan Millard, Beau Ryan, Bryson Goodwin to name a few ... still the gap only appears this year because injuries combine with representative duties and a conservative coach.

The strongest team in the competition means few perceived opportunities and limited salary cap flexibility ... the only way to get around this is spend big money on importing juniors in weaker years (before they effect the salary cap), but this constant flow can cause problems too ... unless you want to be like Melbourne or Canterbury ... cheat, stockpile, ruin careers etc

_snafu_

Immortal
I don't dislike Reece - but he is not up to NRL standard anymore. He makes Chris Guider look like Dave Taylor and Luke Covell like Usain Bolt.

No doubt he will be targeted with the high ball.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Is there a pollie in either house that would make a better PM than Simmonds?

Prove the doubters wrong Reece, then run for parliament.

possm

Coach
Suart says he will name his final 17 on Sunday. Too late for the Dragons to pick Morris if he is not selected.

Already too late for Hayne and the Eels if Haynes is not selected.

Manly have a bye so it will not effect them if Choc and Stewart are not selected.

If Jennings is injured and ruled our for SOO3, he couldn't play for Penrith anyway.

So it seems to me Hayne is going to play centre and Morris is going to play on the wing. Otherwise Stuart would have released either Hayne or Morris at the same time that he released Merrin.

Regarding Simmons, I think the Dragons should be giving their U20s wingers a run. This is their time to shine.

Last edited:

Tim Smith

Juniors
It's only half time and I will watch the game on TV later at home but Reece Simmonds has scored a try and I need to say sorry Reece I should not have doubted you or Wayne's trust in you. I will check in later when I watch it but at least we are up 6 nil and Reece is on the board.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
He'll go fine and I'm predicting he'll score a ripper of a try.
Unlucky not to get three.

With just a little more shamrock in his path, Reece could have scored a match winning try.