What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oh oh oh.......oh darius

Bereft Skerrick

Juniors
There's an old saying - DO NOT FEED THE TROLL.

The Troll is achieving exactly what his editors want him to. No point blogging on something not contentious. Let's rile up the Dragons Fans. They bite easily. He's getting the hits and keeping his job.

Look at their "Most discussed list" we're the top 4.

Boyd's 42 seconds of total gibber 281 Comment(s)
Saints baited us with cheap shots 188 Comment(s)
Dragons slammed for 'sheer arrogance' 125 Comment(s)
Dragons planning like title's won 109 Comment(s)

As mentioned earlier, no matter what Darius said DT would have construed it as arrogance. As for gibber, it's defined as "unintelligible talking". I think Darius made himself clear?

The SMH has led this morning with a story about the Tigers and their use of "oxygen", which is something likely to be banned as performance enhancing. Is there a mention of this on the DT site? No. One word answers are worse than flouting lines of ethical medical treatment.

Don't give the Troll the satisfaction of even clicking on the link for his blogs. The less hits his gibber gets, the less secure his position is.

Cagey Mac

Bench
I think that Boyd is pretty well entitled to handle the media, within the club’s parameters, how he sees fit.
I’ve been in Qld. for the past week and missed most of the press so I didn’t see the interview
Journos by and larger are opinionated bloodsuckers who never let the truth get in the way of a story
Last night I caught the end of Brandy and Gibbs giving to Usain Bolt’s as being an almost certain drug cheat. They spoke of his height, comparing him to Willy Mason and saying that Bolt gets up to speed too fast for a big man
They completely ignored the fact that Bolt weighs 88kg and looks like he ways 110kg. Any idiot can do the maths and rationalise that his power and height to weight ratio is beyond freakish
I called and told their producer that they should look deeper before slamming a potentially (and perhaps likely) clean runner with 15 minutes left in their program
No retraction, no qualification; Bolt and truth the victim of ignorant smear
Screw the media; It’s a packed house at our home and channel 9 is giving us the delayed midnight shift. Oh and finally screw the media.

Last edited:

The Nick

Bench
All you fools glorifying Boyd's pathetic, immature and stupid behaviour deserve an upper cut. There's enough journo's trying to derail our season without this moron carrying on like he's friggin ronaldo. Seriously i was fuming when i saw this. And the fact Wayne Bennett was forced to apologise to the media about Boyd's antics makes it even worse.
There's no reason at all to place more pressure on our team leading into the finals. We are already being labeled Arrogant, vulnerable and protected species at the judiciary. I have a feeling that our strong mental attitude is being penetrated and i think we need to get back on track NOW! Boyd should be fined IMO. Grow the f$%k up. He has let down his team and fans.

speak for yourself mate, he hasn't let me down. I support our team, if we want people who can front an interview then let's sign some public speakers to our roster.

Seriously, News Ltd's agenda against us is so thinly veiled that even their dumbarse regular readers can see right through it.

Cagey Mac

Bench
speak for yourself mate, he hasn't let me down. I support our team, if we want people who can front an interview then let's sign some public speakers to our roster.

Seriously, News Ltd's agenda against us is so thinly veiled that even their dumbarse regular readers can see right through it.

Oxymoron alert!

Steel Dragon

Bench
Last night I caught the end of Brandy and Gibbs giving to Usain Bolt’s as being an almost certain drug cheat. They spoke of his height, comparing him to Willy Mason and saying that Bolt gets up to speed too fast for a big man
They completely ignored the fact that Bolt weighs 88kg and looks like he ways 110kg. Any idiot can do the maths and rationalise that his power and height to weight ratio is beyond freakish.

arent all those Kenyans and that who run like the dickens incredibly long bean-poles?
On the back page they said it took UBolt 40 steps/strides to run the 100, whereas the shorter blokes took 46 or something.
Seems only natural that less steps means faster

langpark

First Grade
if nothing else, it only enhances the 'dumb rugby league player' stereotype, with responses like "yeah nah it was good"

Hanz Brix

Juniors
Firstly i'll say it was bloody hilarious:lol:...

BUT just on your above post... Cry me a freaking River! The whole year every article about St George has been a love fest about Wayne And Or Sailor... About time the media and people are seeing St George in this light, makes for great reading! :p

You guys are the biggest whingers, if anyone should complain about the media over the years it's not St George... other teams have been absolutely hammered by news limited and co. St George hasn't and this agenda against you guys is all a bit of little fun, nothing to bad is getting written (WOW you ordered shirts)... Why do you care so much? You're first... You're playing great footy... Just laugh at them!

is that why you fully hectic lime green gemini lovers are still crying about the idris no try?

GTFO bitch

hardbaby

Coach
I found the whole performance to be childish and petulant. I am surprised how many Dragons supporters think it was cool. I guess these are the same supporters who clap when an opposition player gets badly injured. By all means be proud of your team but what type of team would make you proud? Probably not a team full of people who carry on like this. I wouldn't care how successful the Dragons were. If they carried on like a bunch of pork chops I would struggle supporting them. Just ain't good enough lads. Darius is a boy, not yet a man.

Hanz Brix

Juniors
I found the whole performance to be childish and petulant. I am surprised how many Dragons supporters think it was cool. I guess these are the same supporters who clap when an opposition player gets badly injured. By all means be proud of your team but what type of team would make you proud? Probably not a team full of people who carry on like this. I wouldn't care how successful the Dragons were. If they carried on like a bunch of pork chops I would struggle supporting them. Just ain't good enough lads. Darius is a boy, not yet a man.

why cause he doesn't wanna talk to the tabloids and rubbish journo's? If I was in his position I'd tell em all to get f**ked.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
why cause he doesn't wanna talk to the tabloids and rubbish journo's? If I was in his position I'd tell em all to get f**ked.
Well I see you're still up with the latest news.

Not all of them are News Ltd hacks.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
To be fair, not all the journos in attendance were rubbish. Most wouldn't have cared, and like normal mature adults, they simply move on.

After all, they interviewed other players as well.

Plus it is the norm for media to be made to feel welcomed, and given treats, drinks and nibbles for making the trip. I'm sure that would have been the case in Wollongong.

I have no doubt that the gossip columnists who call themselves 'sports writers' would have bludged many a free lunch over the years, thanks to their hosts and the position they hold.

Bottom line is that it was only a minority that saw to throw a tantrum over Boyd's short replies, and no surprise that it came from the same stable that has been carrying on dills over the last week.

dclayw

Juniors
Mate, you're completely off target, have you ever heard the term "read between the lines". I fully support what Boyd did, but not for the reasons you think.

And this bit
I guess these are the same supporters who clap when an opposition player gets badly injured.
I really take offence to.

Latest posts