What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oh well, move on to the Dogs. Can't win all of them

thommo4pm

Coach
We were always going to lose another game at some stage.

Manly deserved their win....outplayed us well and truly.

Here's hoping next week we get Weyman, Smith & Nighty back.
Looks like Costigan has picked up an injury out of tonight.

If none of those blokes return we are in some trouble, with Scott, Weyman, Smith, Nighty, Fien, Costigan, Saffy all out....that's half a side.

Hope Bennett gives the boys off training until Wednesday to freshen up, as they looked very flat tonight.

Dazzling Darius

Juniors
Agree with u 100% Thommo, but I still can't believe that Badger the moron didn't check the Morris try. For mine it would have got benefit of the doubt. And Sowie's pass was NOT forward. They called the same thing in the Titans game. FFS, do they not understand the concept ot momentum?

Saint Jack

Juniors
Too true Thommo. Considering we had two tries disallowed - that looked pretty close, and Smith, Weyman, Nightingale, Saffy, Scott (not counting Fien) all out - all first 13 players - I think they probably didn't do to badly. Prior back for his first game in weeks.

No excuses - they lost - but not the end of the world ... :)

I also though the penalty on Benny C was pretty harsh. Resulted in a try.

thommo4pm

Coach
The penalty on Creagh was garbage, as was the knock on call against him when Joe G stripped it.
But Manly were always going to win after being up 10-0.
I wasn't confident all week about this match.

Manly may say they had 8 players backing up, but I'd prefer to have 8 rep players backing up than not being on the field at all.

Take nothing away from Manly guys, they beat us tonight and did it well.

Bonus is, no matter what happens we are still 1st on the table.

Let's see what happens when we meet again and we have Weyman, Smith, Nighty, Saffy, Scott, Fien all back on the park.

Saint Jack

Juniors
True. Its an old cliche that you need to lose a game every now and then - but I think its true. The guys tried hard - but a few slips cost us.

We missed Mick Ws go-forward, and we still miss Smiths agression.

I had the feeling from the start that we looked out of sorts - listless. Just a feeling, but it seemed that way.

The Refs didn't help. But, thats footie I guess. AND, as said - we can afford a loss now (not like in previous years when we started on 2/6 or worse ... :) ).

It was a real finals game and might have got the message across to some of them.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Forget the refs. Thems the breaks. We'll get those back in another game. Hopefully against the Bulldogs - let them do what they're best at, whinging.

Too many first graders out injured: Weyman, Scott, Jeremy Smith, Fien, Saffy and Nightingale.

Manly had close enough to a full strength side, and they outplayed us. We'll get 'em next time.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
What happened to Costigan? I didn't see him get injured. Why is it everytime we play we lose one player a week?

They all had shockers tonight. Even our star winger Morris. Oh well, it happens. Hope this sh*t doesn't happen in the semis like last year

dubopov

Coach
What happened to Costigan? I didn't see him get injured. Why is it everytime we play we lose one player a week?

They all had shockers tonight. Even our star winger Morris. Oh well, it happens. Hope this sh*t doesn't happen in the semis like last year

boyd, costigan and creagh were all very good ..

costigan was kneed in ribs or hip by watmough when he was on the ground ..

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
got some stuff to work out defensively though

Farrar's try was soft and the Tries on Morris' wing were dissappointing but sh*t happens. They weren't switched on tonight just like against the Storm. I think Manly played well but we made it easier for them.

I hope they switch on against the bullmerkins. I hate those merkins!!!

Bring back choc

Juniors
I thought we were very hardly done by tonight. The score honestly should have been 22-18 with ten mins to go. Creagh penalty was a disgrace. In saying that, I don't think we were ever going to win that game. We were so flat. We looked tired tonight. And we are missing some serious strike power. I expect a huge effort against the dogs. We should not be losing 2 in a row!!!!

W.B.2.S.O.S

Juniors
If Wayne Bennett isnt disappointed with the loss (which he isnt if you listen to the interview on ABC) then neither am I

BigNormProvan

Juniors
We needed this loss to shake some activity into this forum, I almost miss the Brown era when there was an issue or 6 to chew over each week, starting Tuesdays with the team selection LOL.

Big Norm

TheRev

First Grade
We needed this loss to shake some activity into this forum, I almost miss the Brown era when there was an issue or 6 to chew over each week, starting Tuesdays with the team selection LOL.

Big Norm

hahaha exactly, its all too easy when u keep winning, need a few losses to give us something to argue about.

jpaciocco91

Juniors
We can blame two things- refereeing decisions allowing two dodgy Manly tries in the second half, and the fact we were playing at a hostile Brookvale against some fired up Stoopid Eegles. Another loss had to happen, rather it happen yesterday than next week TBH.

Anth2232

Bench
And it happened against a good team. We just need to tear them a new one next time we meet.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Happy for you to play like sh*t next friday guys. Cheers.

KKW

Juniors
Not sure how dragons are on top of the ladder. Bottom half of the 8 is what they look like. Manly had 8 backing up, most with niggling injuries, best forward out, Stewart out, lost 5/8 before half time and still did it easy. Dragons are overhyped. Dogs should kick their arses next week.