What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oi, Sporting Capital of Australia, where's the ticker tape parade?

Misty Bee

First Grade
Well?

Sydneysiders had to put up with one when the Swans won your pissant comp. So, if you are the city that embraces all sports, you own side won the biggest comp in either Rugby code on the face of the earth. It also won the most viewed sporting event in Australia. Will Cam Smith - the first Melbourne footballer of any code to captain Australia, be given the keys to the city?

Well??????

Misty Bee said:
Well?

Sydneysiders had to put up with one when the Swans won your pissant comp. So, if you are the city that embraces all sports, you own side won the biggest comp in either Rugby code on the face of the earth. It also won the most viewed sporting event in Australia. Will Cam Smith - the first Melbourne footballer of any code to captain Australia, be given the keys to the city?

Well??????

Fair call Misty.

Insularity is their middle name.....

Fightin' Irish

Juniors
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
Fair call Misty.

Insularity is their middle name.....

Because they havent embraced league as their number one faith? I'll give you a tip champ, not everybody likes our great game. Melbourne gets their reputation because they turn up to events.

No, because they won't accept League or Union to the extent that places like Sydney and Brisbane have accepted AFL.

Do you know what the name of Victoria's top Union side is?

But you make a good point, Melbourne is the event capital of Australia.

Nothing more....

[furrycat]

Coach
Yeah I was just about to say... the storm had it yesterdaY?

You're quickly taking Razor's crown as the biggest twat in the history of LU. You can never make a post without looking like a tool

Fightin' Irish

Juniors
No, because they won't accept League or Union to the extent that places like Sydney and Brisbane have accepted AFL.

Do you know what the name of Victoria's top Union side is?

But you make a good point, Melbourne is the event capital of Australia.

Nothing more....

Melbourne rebels is the union side

Don't ever think that union is not accepted, victoria has plenty of union juniors and its played in many private schools(typical). If Victoria ever got a super 14 team it would be a success and its a shame because league sh*ts on union from a great height.

the swans took nearly 20 years to gain a tiny foothold in sydney, lets give the storm a little more time to win some hearts and minds.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Union a success?

Look at the ARC crowd figures mate ;-)

Fightin' Irish said:
Melbourne rebels is the union side

Congratulations, you win the cupie doll.

There were 1,700 at their last home game of the season.

Fightin' Irish said:
Don't ever think that union is not accepted, victoria has plenty of union juniors and its played in many private schools(typical).

Union isn't accepted. You can try to tart it up all you like but even Union weren't stupid enough to stcik a Super 14 side in Melbourne.

And if they had any doubts about that decision, the Rebels will be giving them the confirmation they needed.

There was a bloke at bigfooty (AFL's biggest forum) confidently predicting that the Rebels would average over 10k.

He was about 8k off the mark.

Fightin' Irish said:
If Victoria ever got a super 14 team it would be a success and its a shame because league sh*ts on union from a great height.

That's a very big "if".

I doubt it would be successful and if Union thought it would be successful, there would be a team there now. God knows they need something.

Fightin' Irish said:
the swans took nearly 20 years to gain a minute foothold in sydney, lets give the storm a little more time to win some hearts and minds.

I don't have dramas with the Storm existing, considering the place they're in, they do a great job.

I hate them, but for Footy related reasons.

Fightin' Irish

Juniors
Congratulations, you win the cupie doll.

There were 1,700 at their last home game of the season.

Compare that crowd to the crowds of victorias second tier AFL comp, not much difference at all. Third rate crowds for a third rate comp.

That's a very big "if".

I doubt it would be successful and if Union thought it would be successful, there would be a team there now. God knows they need something.

They were concerned about the lack of government support, what the melbourne bid didnt lack was corporate support and junior numbers.

I don't have dramas with the Storm existing, considering the place they're in, they do a great job.

I hate them, but for Footy related reasons.

Good to hear, they are leagues future and if they can gain a decent foothold in australia's second most populus state then it will be a huge bonus for the NRL.

Fightin' Irish

Juniors
You had better tell them its time to come out of hiding....

I suppose we will all see once a super 14 side is playing out of melbourne. They certainly will have a lot more to work with than the storm did in '98. the down side for any union side is that the game is as boring as bat sh*t so it will be hard to find new converts.

Danish

Referee
Misty Bee said:
you own side won the biggest comp in either Rugby code on the face of the earth.

Besides that little event watched by billions going on in France right now, right?

Misty Bee said:
It also won the most viewed sporting event in Australia.

Besides the AFL Grand Final which was on the day previous of course....

Misty Bee said:
Cam Smith - the first Melbourne footballer of any code to captain Australia,

I am rather certain that a player from melbourne has captained the Australian side in the International rules...

Misty Bee said:
Well??????

Me thinks you need to do a bit more research before sprouting off a bunch of jibberish

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I sense a thread being moved to TFC :sarcasm: