What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Old stuff for the Kiwi's

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
France vs NZ in 1960 at Carlaw Park..

http://www.rugbyforumxiii.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=29&sid=7ea2f31620f612cebc1cc36694563fee

fr-nz1-1_407.jpg

fr-nz-1-2_835.jpg

fr-nz-1-3_422.jpg

fr-nz-1-4_380.jpg

fr-nz-2-1_807.jpg

Makes me wonder why the RLIF doesn't have a decent site with all this history.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
This is the reception the French got after their tour of Australia and NZ in 1951.

Before the tour, they were unknown.

livre-or-xiii-037_142.jpg

zozito

Juniors
ParraEelsNRL said:
This is the reception the French got after their tour of Australia and NZ in 1951.

Before the tour, they were unknown.

livre-or-xiii-037_142.jpg
this picture was taken in the biggest avenue in marseille, la cannebiere for those that know it, its huge, its the equivalent of les champs elysees in paris, every single player had a car and the crowd was estimated at 500,000 people.

i have this photo in my office, and when i feel sad, i have a look on it, and by miracle i feel happy:lol::lol::lol:

screeny

Bench
Great articles, thakns for posting them. I especially like the 'hardest test I've ever played' one - well worth the read.

roopy

Referee
That ref knows where the dressing shed is, by the way he keeps pointing to it anyway.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
roopy said:
That ref knows where the dressing shed is, by the way he keeps pointing to it anyway.

Some of the games look a little violent.

Bring back the biff lol.

34,000 spectators packed in to watch Rugby X111 and a Soccer double header.

A 14 H Rugby and to 4 p.m. the foot.The stage was full as of 2 p.m.: 34 000 spectators, with the shared receipt 2/3 to the foot and 1/3 to the XIII.

num_riser0012_807.jpg

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
zozito said:
this picture was taken in the biggest avenue in marseille, la cannebiere for those that know it, its huge, its the equivalent of les champs elysees in paris, every single player had a car and the crowd was estimated at 500,000 people.

i have this photo in my office, and when i feel sad, i have a look on it, and by miracle i feel happy:lol::lol::lol:

If it can happen once, it can happen again, lets hope Les Catalans bring around some decent media exposure in the next couple of years.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Give it 5 years and they should be back up with the top 3, best thing ever was putting Les Catalans in ESL.

ozbash

Referee
zozito said:

fantastic photo.

thanks very much for the links and pictures. very enjoyable.

Great to see 'The Grand Old Lady of Rugby League' filled to capacity plus.
Certainly brings back memories of Carlaw Park.

Copa

Bench
I have 1 minute 14 sec of the France V Kangaroos 1964 match on my computer..

It includes the Kangaroos war dance, ferocious tackles and a french guy having his pants (undies and all) torn off.. he then gets up and plays the ball with his bollocks out for all to see.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Copa said:
I have 1 minute 14 sec of the France V Kangaroos 1964 match on my computer..

It includes the Kangaroos war dance, ferocious tackles and a french guy having his pants (undies and all) torn off.. he then gets up and plays the ball with his bollocks out for all to see.

num_riser0004_173.jpg

Latest posts