What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

O'meley Hates Willy

Farva said:
1. I am not the media. I was the person that used the word 'hate'.

2. I think the tension between the two stems from Willy's comment earlier this year that O'meley would have to take a paycut to stay at the pups, otherwise he should leave.

ok, my bad, i thought that was the title of the article, because that was the title of the thread

im not sure if o'meley will leave or stay, at the moment he looks closer to leaving than staying, hopefully he stays though.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The moron who clearly hates the Bulldogs who started this thread has no idea how to read articles and take them in context, let alone source and reference them.

He is simply remarking that he doesn't buy into or listen to Willie when he pens columns and whatnot. They obviously listen to each other on the field, the Bulldogs wouldn't have won premierships and cruised into finals series' with them fighting.

C.P

Juniors
Farva said:
1. I am not the media. I was the person that used the word 'hate'.

2. I think the tension between the two stems from Willy's comment earlier this year that O'meley would have to take a paycut to stay at the pups, otherwise he should leave.

Well you could surely get a job in the media with a ill informed, immflamatory thread title like that.........

As the article said O'Meley is the RLPA rep at the Dogs so im sure Matt Rodwell has been into him to push the company line. Interesting to note that although the fans and former players have been sticking the boot into Willie that O'Meley is the first player to publicly disagree with it, every other player quoted has come out in support and Wayne Bennett a guy who never comments on anything backed his comments today as well.

Im sure they obviously have 2 opposing opinions on the issue but put it this way do you HATE your mates at work if they have a different opinion to you on an issue?

Shorty

Staff member
I doubt the Bulldogs could be as successful as they are with O'meley hating Willie.
It is possible for teammates to have a difference in opinion.

_Johnsy

Referee
Did anyone else hear on the footy show when they had a bald thing (animal) it honestly looked like a dick with eyes and little buck teeth. everyone on the panel was making jokes about it looking like a dick. Willy then says "it's shreck"

Interesting

innsaneink

Referee
_Johnsy said:
Did anyone else hear on the footy show when they had a bald thing (animal) it honestly looked like a dick with eyes and little buck teeth. everyone on the panel was making jokes about it looking like a dick. Willy then says "it's shreck"

Interesting

Yep...quite catty wasnt it?

Nathan B

Juniors
_Johnsy said:

Interesting

If they really hated eachother, then he would never have made that joke.

You know the television celebrities that act like God's gift to each other while on camera? They hate each other's guts!

(The Code, for all the Frontline fans.)

RABK

Referee
Timmah said:
The moron who clearly hates the Bulldogs who started this thread has no idea how to read articles and take them in context, let alone source and reference them.

He is simply remarking that he doesn't buy into or listen to Willie when he pens columns and whatnot. They obviously listen to each other on the field, the Bulldogs wouldn't have won premierships and cruised into finals series' with them fighting.

? :-s

Timmah

Staff member
Collective term, give it a rest. :sleeper:

I'm chucking a Laurie Daley. The El Masris, the Pattens, the SBWs... :crazy:

Farva

Juniors
Timmah said:

I'm glad you're convinced Timmy.

BTW- I don't hate the Bulldogs. Well, not more than any other team (besides Newcastle).

roopy

Referee
i've often wondered if these two knew each other as kids. they grew up within ten miles of each other but they did go to different schools and one played on the central coast and the other in the newcastle comp.
They might have met at parties or something. The Mason boys were well known party crashers.

DeeGan

Bench
Hate? Too strong a word.

There could be a little bit of unrest stemming from earlier in the year and Mason's comments around the time SBW was yet to re-sign with the club. Mason pushed the barrow of SBW and suggested the club can fill the gap left by players chasing more money (in so many words - can't find the article).

The comments are from O'Meley for all we know are tounge-in-cheek - the written word is hard to interpret at times. Mason could have been within earshot and they had a laugh about it after training, who knows.

If the Doggies are struggling mid-year, you can bet the media will try and make a mountain out of a mole hill between the pair.

Timmah

Staff member
Ten miles?

roopy, get a geography check. Toronto and Northlakes are at least 40kms apart :lol: Completely different regions.

roopy

Referee
Timmah said:
Ten miles?

roopy, get a geography check. Toronto and Northlakes are at least 40kms apart :lol: Completely different regions.
O'meley spent most of his junior years at Wyee.
The Masons lived at Wangi.
With a decent set of binoculars they could have looked across Lake Macquarie into each others living rooms.

Timmah

Staff member
Wyee isn't even on the lake.

O'Meley's junior football was played at Northlakes, Munmorah and Toukley. None of which are considered Wyee.

roopy

Referee
Timmah said:
Wyee isn't even on the lake.

O'Meley's junior football was played at Northlakes, Munmorah and Toukley. None of which are considered Wyee.
He lived at Wyee on his grandfathers property most of his young life. You can see the Lake from there - I know because i've been there and seen it.
I don't know where in Wangi the Mason's lived, but 90% of Wangi has Lake views.

Timmah

Staff member
Wyee Point maybe, a good few km's out of Wyee... :?

Most of the lakeside is taken up by Mannering Park and the Vales Point Power Station grounds.

JJ

Immortal
I don't know what's more surpirisng

1. Someone thinks people listen to Mason, or
2. O'Meley apparently is approaching normality in terms of IQ