What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One Day World Cup 2023

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Chapman used to bowl a lot, if he's not going to then I'd probably prefer Jimmy Neesham - then split the bowling over three depending on who's going well, also there's Mitchell who can contribute
Yep agreed there

I’d also be happy if they played Sodhi and moved everyone up a slot in the order, rather than having the insurance of batting deep if the top fail

Blair

Coach
lol Warner, forever a sooky little bitch
He would've been a nightmare when he was coming up through the grades. As umpires we used to call players like him a 'protected species'. You simply weren't allowed to give them out.

Blair

Coach
Mitchell and Ravindra have batted us back into the game. Actually, we're on top now. 100-2 off 21 ov.

Gee Ravindra's a find.

Edit: 165-2 now. We should get a final score of at least 270. I get the feeling our bowling will be really tested in this cauldron.

208-4, Latham out LBW, awful review. Waste of time but Mitchell talked him into it.

It's a big part of the game now, can we kick on to the required 270-280?

Mitchell 99...and one makes a hundred and the crowd rise! What a wonderful performance.

Our middle order failed. Latham, Chapman, Sattner and Henry all out for single figures. Also Mitchell's boundaries have dried up.

273 all out. Is it enough? It's well past bedtime Downunder so I'll guess most of us will find out in the mornimg.

Last edited:

JJ

Immortal
not enough, but again a solid performance - I think we're in this, we don't have the blistering onslaught that RSA can bring, and I don't think anyone can match India when they play decent (which they are) - but we're there or there abouts, and Williamson to come back in for Young...

I'd still play Neesham for Chapman, I might be living in the past, and like Chapman, but I back Neesham to deliver when needed

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Haven’t seen India bat, but seems that the old method oppositions would use v Vettori is used for Santner now, where they will happily let his 10 overs go for 40 and take the risks and make the runs up with the other bowlers

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Matt Henry literally beat Gill's outside edge 10 times in his opening spell. Later on, we only needed 1 more wicket and we were into India's tail. On another night we would've nicked a couple off early and the dynamic would've been different.

Yes there are always ifs and buts in cricket, but I tend to agree with the general sentiment of the team, that the India game should have given them confidence that we just need a couple of things to go our way and we can tip them up like we did in 2019.

Just need to make sure we get there first, of course....

Last edited:

Blair

Coach
Hopefully it's short lived and get get the double today!
Of course I want the Black Caps in the final but SA v India, with SA winning their first, would be very watchable.

I don't want Oz anywhere near it! They've won it five times already.

As cricket fans it's lucky we're not in NZ right now, they've seriously gone into All Black mode. Let's hope there's no black cloud this time tomorrow.

Latest posts