What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One for the Quinny bashers

Alex28

Coach
Wow...so many scoops! I'm not sure how he is going to go playing for both the Storm and for Manly.

Good work Sherlocks. I'll wait and see what the club says if you don't mind...

Roy

Juniors
aqua_duck said:
I wouldn't be disappointed if we lost both Quinn and Carmont. Carmont is a medicore 1st grade footballer and he's not exactly a spring chicken either at age 28 (he'll be 29 next year) so there'll be little to no improvement left in his game (which is hard to believe). QUinn is a solid, reliable winger but he's not a bhloke who's capable of scoring 20 tries a season and being a match winner. We need atleast 2 guys in the backs who are genuine gamebreakers, atm we got Milton and thats it.

I 2nd all of that

Ben

Bench
But i think a reliable winger is what we need. You have to remember that game breakers take risks and sometimes those risks don't pay off. We need another guy on the other side of the field to execute those high percentage plays and just get the job done. Quinn fits this mould perfectly. You take a look a a lot of clubs, and they have one game breaker and another winger who is consistent:

Roosters - Roberts (gamebreaker), Monaghan (consistent)
Broncos - Tupou (gamebreaker), Boyd (consistent)
Bulldogs - Utai (gamebreaker), El Masri (consistent)
Storm - Inglis (gamebreaker), Webster (consistent)
Eels - Grothe (gamebreaker), Burt (consistent)

It seems to be a common occurence that clubs only have the one winger who chances their arm and the other who you can rely on to get the job done.

Burwood

Bench
Ben said:
But i think a reliable winger is what we need. You have to remember that game breakers take risks and sometimes those risks don't pay off. We need another guy on the other side of the field to execute those high percentage plays and just get the job done. Quinn fits this mould perfectly. You take a look a a lot of clubs, and they have one game breaker and another winger who is consistent:

It seems to be a common occurence that clubs only have the one winger who chances their arm and the other who you can rely on to get the job done.

I wouldn't call Quinn a gamebreaker- I honestly can't remember a single game that he has won for us. All he does is catch the ball off the winger and run the ball out of dummy half.

When was the last time that Quinn won Newcastle a game?

RABK

Referee
I think he may have been suggesting that Quinn is just a consistent winger and not a game breaker. Not too sure though. lol

Quinn winning us a game...*puts on thinking cap*

Towards the end of 04 he won us a game vs the Raiders where he scored a try of what was a weird drop kick off Kurt Gidley did he not? My memory and Knights knowledge is good but this is a bit hazy.

Burwood

Bench
Red and Blue Knight said:
I think he may have been suggesting that Quinn is just a consistent winger and not a game breaker. Not too sure though. lol

Ahhh, ok. It makes sense that Quinn is the consistent player and not the gamebreaker.

Bring on Blacklock!!!!

The Carmont bashers are amazing, earlier this year when our forwards where going forward and our halves were performing he was great and people were talking him up.

Now that the above isnt happening his worse then dreadful again, considering his defence has been pretty good - lot better then some who are getting accolades, and his attack has been up their metre was with the best in the team.

People need to remember its very hard to perform when your getting ball at the wrong time and your forwards arent going forward.

Frederick

Staff member
Red and Blue Knight said:
Towards the end of 04 he won us a game vs the Raiders where he scored a try of what was a weird drop kick off Kurt Gidley did he not? My memory and Knights knowledge is good but this is a bit hazy.
T'was Mick Ennis who made the attempted drop kick. The ref's spent a fair bit of time deliberating over whether it was a legitimate drop kick, or he'd knocked it on, and then kicked it.

antonius

Coach
single_newy_chick said:
More scoop for you all:

Carmont "GOOONE" (he was told he wasn't required)

Looks like the premier league boys will have a look in now.
You're SCOOPS are looking a bit weak, Carmont is contracted till the end of 2007

aqua_duck

Coach
Ben said:

the fact that all the so-called consistent wingers you named have more attacking potential than anyone gracing our flanks sums up our problem. Quinn is good consistent player but he's not capable of scoring 20 tries a season, where as all 10 guys you named are. Carney won't be hre next year and Seage is yet another solid, consistent winger who won't score more than 10 tries a season. Carmont might get 12 or 15 a season if things go well for him but he's bound to let in at least that many and probably more. On top of that he's going to be 29 next year and we have to realise he's not going to get any better.

antonius said:
You're SCOOPS are looking a bit weak, Carmont is contracted till the end of 2007

Well I was told by one of the knights boys that Carmont was told he wasn't required. Maybey they are cutting his contract short??

I dunno.

antonius

Coach
single_newy_chick said:
Well I was told by one of the knights boys that Carmont was told he wasn't required. Maybey they are cutting his contract short??

I dunno.
They can't just cut his contract short, they would have to pay him out, and it would still count against our cap, even if another club took him we would have his value still counted to us. Besides all that why would they want to cut him? he's been in first grade whenever he's been available, so he's seen as a walk-up starter by Hagan and co, also despite what a lot here are writing about him, he has played well for us this year.

Yosh

Coach
he has been playing well because he was behind a dominant forward pack and a on fire johns and the beginning of the year. but now when we dont have any of those things mentioned above, his incompetnece is really showing now. he loves the sideline more then the linesman, and the only real combination he has with quinn, is to run quikly to the sideline and pass it back inside to quinn, who will be taken out over the sideline because he got the a crap pass from carmont, and the blame will be on quinn. carmont is crap, there is no doubt it. come on everyone on this forum must miss a heart beat everytime the opposition centre is facing him 1on1 because we all know carmont is going to miss him....

Latest posts