What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One for the Quinny bashers

Burwood

Bench
This is what our backline could look like next year:

1. Thaiday
2. Seage (May be off to another club?)
3. Tighe
4. Carmont
5. Salkeld

We really need to look at signing a quality centre to a 1 or 2 year contract. Tighe might be a useful player now, but I don't see him becoming a consistently good player until 2008.

macavity

Referee
Tahu is under contract. 'nuff said.

Hages will keep him at centre. damn, he is good enough to play there in SOO.... gee, was hages wrong? never.....................

macavity

Referee
seriously, take Carney, Quinn, Mids and probably Seage out, and we have close to if not the worst backline in the comp. Carmont will be the star FFS...

good times...

Burwood

Bench
macavity said:
Tahu is under contract. 'nuff said.

Hages will keep him at centre. damn, he is good enough to play there in SOO.... gee, was hages wrong? never.....................

Tahu always plays on the wing for NSW. In the last Origin match he only shifted there at the last minute due to the Cooper injury.

More scoop for you all:

Carmont "GOOONE" (he was told he wasn't required)

Looks like the premier league boys will have a look in now.

Jono078

Referee
Lovely news..

But seriously what will our backline look like if we lose;

2. Carney
3. Gidley
4. Carmont
5. Quinn

Thats more than half our backline! :O

northey

First Grade
HAHAH i'll ??????????????????? all i want thank you! lol

well still no press releases, they were fast with the one about kurt. and one would be done about quinn since he has proved an important part of the club this season

northey

First Grade
i doubt it will take a week, that is just stupid. then the media is going to say... a week ago knights winger anthony quinn signed a deal...etc...

JasonE

Bench
single_newy_chick said:
Here is the scoop everyone, Quinny has signed with Manly. This is a certainty. You heard it here first.

Here is an even bigger scoop, he is going down to Melbourne tomorow to have a look around, the Storm have made him a very good offer.

Jono078

Referee
JasonE said:
Here is an even bigger scoop, he is going down to Melbourne tomorow to have a look around, the Storm have made him a very good offer.

Why would Melbourne want him :?

He'd be behind..

1. Billy Slater
2. Matt Geyer
3. Matt King
4. Greg Inglis
5. Jake Webster
6. Steve Turner
7. Chris Walker
8. Anthony Quinn

I still beleive he will goto the Wests Tigers.

JasonE

Bench
Jono078 said:
Why would Melbourne want him :?

He'd be behind..

1. Billy Slater
2. Matt Geyer
3. Matt King
4. Greg Inglis
5. Jake Webster
6. Steve Turner
7. Chris Walker
8. Anthony Quinn

I still beleive he will goto the Wests Tigers.

Craig Bellamy who coached Anthony in the Country side rates him highly. I believe the Storm are losing 3 off that list you named.

Jono078

Referee
Fair enough then. Owell, good luck to him if he gets to play in the Storm backline..

northey

First Grade
Craig Bellamy who coached Anthony in the Country side rates him highly. I believe the Storm are losing 3 off that list you named.
maybe i should yell at craig next time i see hima nd tell him to leave our players alone LOL

aqua_duck

Coach
I wouldn't be disappointed if we lost both Quinn and Carmont. Carmont is a medicore 1st grade footballer and he's not exactly a spring chicken either at age 28 (he'll be 29 next year) so there'll be little to no improvement left in his game (which is hard to believe). QUinn is a solid, reliable winger but he's not a bhloke who's capable of scoring 20 tries a season and being a match winner. We need atleast 2 guys in the backs who are genuine gamebreakers, atm we got Milton and thats it.

Latest posts