What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One of Vlandys comments.

Draginzaaar

Bench
Sadly this is true. But I'm going to Lang Park on the 14th and I know there'll be no queues and the pies will be hot. I still hate the place.
Going up for the Dragons V Broncos game and SOO III in July, Good place to watch the footy, seats are crammed in though.

TruSaint

Referee
I just wish the bloke would go back to the horses and leave the game of rugby league to those that truly wish to see that all teams are competitive and by so doing ensuring the future of the game .

Is that too much to ask ? 😳

This !

The guy is f**king clueless. He's a smug muppet who thinks "rugba liig" is a toy he can chop and change when he wants.

Gareth67

First Grade
This !

The guy is f**king clueless. He's a smug muppet who thinks "rugba liig" is a toy he can chop and change when he wants.
What’s the old saying - “ you can’t change horses midstream “ ?

Over the last 2 decades the NRL has had individuals running the game with no , or very little experience in rugby league .

They were hired due their success at making as many dollars as possible whilst in their previous positions in whatever sport - or business they were managing .

But back to your point , Vlandys does make too many rule changes that it is impossible for the players and referees to keep abreast of and they wonder why the game is going backwards . 😳

Last edited:

TruSaint

Referee
What’s the old saying - “ you can’t change horses midstream “ ?

Over the last 2 decades the NRL has had individuals running the game , yet they have had none , or very little experience in rugby league .

Purely being successful at making as many dollars as possible for their previous positions in whatever sport - or business they were managing .

But back to your point , Valandys does make so , too many rule changes that it is impossible for the players and referees to keep abreast of and they wonder why the game is going backwards . 😳

Agree mate.

Magic round turned into circus round, and the game has lost it's core principle of tribalism. It's diluted to the point where we celebrate great try's with a 70-10 scoreline. Its rubbish.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Today on ABC radio.
Vlandys was talking g about facilities at grounds.
I had to laugh.
And when you go to stadiums like parra stad in comparison to suburban grounds.
He said fans don't care if there teams lose going to grounds with up to date facilities.
I for one don't care too much about facilities i care if the dragons win or not at the game.
Any opinion on this.
The bloke knows jack shit what supporters need......preferring facilities rather than your team winning !!!! .hes a joke.....give me the days at the SCG standing on the hill under the score board with a pie n tomatoe sauce in one hand and a beer in a paper cup in the other....thats atmosphere.......Vlandys wouldnt know atmosphere if it bit him on the arse

YoHadrian

Juniors
I like the donuts & coffee at Kogarah just as you walk in. Anyway me & my kids prefer the burgers at Angry Bull down the road on the Princes Highway as I'd rather they not eat what passes for stadium catering anyway.

HenryTatana

Juniors
I like the donuts & coffee at Kogarah just as you walk in. Anyway me & my kids prefer the burgers at Angry Bull down the road on the Princes Highway as I'd rather they not eat what passes for stadium catering anyway.
Agree that the Angry Bull burgers are pretty good.