What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Only a minor injury to Benny

MrT

Juniors
Ben Smith is very poor. Bombed a try by putting in a pathetic kick when he could have ran to the line and passed to Grothe just before half time.

GET RID OF THAT STUPID SHUFFLE. Run the dam ball straight and hard. Can somebody please tell him he doesn't have a step.

If burt was right, I'd gladly even drop Ben Smith and put Hayne or Inu there and Burt at fullback

Bazal

Post Whore
Benny might not be fit next week tbh...Knee cartilage is what I did and I had 3 months off after surgery, so it depends how bad it is I guess and whether it's bruising or a tear...

dazeely

First Grade
PJ is the one that is of most concern apparently. Thumb injury.

Timmy and his shoulder will be monitored.

Ben minor knee damage.

Tizzun

Juniors
At the start of the match it looked like Wagon was defending in the centres and Benny was 4 in.

Bazal

Post Whore
mickdo said:
Hmmm... Vossy saying that PJ may have thumb ligament damage...

That should just be a strapping job to be honest...maybe a jab for the pain

strider

Post Whore
i don't think Ben was poor tonight .... he wasn't great but if he had been poor we would have had plenty of trys put on us .... the warriors went at ben and eric as much as they could tonight and NEVER cracked them

and the GUTS ben showed to get up and get into the defensive line and just fill a space after stuffing up his knee is what winning this game was all about

and no he didn't "bomb a try" - i agree he took a wrong option by putting in a stupid kick but there was nothing much doing there really - something other than a piss poor kick would have been better .... but also if u go back a player earlier hindy came up with a piss poor option too by not passing to Inu who would have been 1-on-1 with his winger with plenty of space .... sh*t happens i guess

fish eel

Immortal
strider said:
i don't think Ben was poor tonight .... he wasn't great but if he had been poor we would have had plenty of trys put on us .

Nah, he was poor

and the GUTS ben showed to get up and get into the defensive line and just fill a space after stuffing up his knee is what winning this game was all about

That was good to see.

and no he didn't "bomb a try" - i agree he took a wrong option by putting in a stupid kick but there was nothing much doing there really - something other than a piss poor kick would have been better ....

Yeah...how about though actually running the ball hard for a change ben rather than just shuffling and putting in a grandma kick. I hope this knee inury doesnt make him slower :lol:

I'd be tempted to play wags in the centres next week.

strider

Post Whore
fish eel said:
Nah, he was poor

nah - he wasn't .... as I said, poor would have seen the warriors racking up the points

fish eel said:
Yeah...how about though actually running the ball hard for a change ben rather than just shuffling and putting in a grandma kick. I hope this knee inury doesnt make him slower :lol:

there were plenty of other grandma efforts with the boot at times tonight

fish eel said:

:lol: ok

sportsmad

Juniors
fish eel said:

you think Ben's slow, wait til you watch them run round Wags :crazy:

Burty to play next week and Inu to centre if Benny not fit

MrT

Juniors
strider said:
i don't think Ben was poor tonight .... he wasn't great but if he had been poor we would have had plenty of trys put on us .... the warriors went at ben and eric as much as they could tonight and NEVER cracked them

and no he didn't "bomb a try" - i agree he took a wrong option by putting in a stupid kick but there was nothing much doing there really - something other than a piss poor kick would have been better .... but also if u go back a player earlier hindy came up with a piss poor option too by not passing to Inu who would have been 1-on-1 with his winger with plenty of space .... sh*t happens i guess

Strider - guess who came out of the line and got no one that left that massive gap for Logan Swann?

If Ben Smith doesn't defend well he is no use to the team.
Crocket was groggy and we never once went to that side to let Grothe run at him.
We played very dumb with the ball but our defence was exactly what wins semi's. Just hope they can keep defending like that as we have enough raw talent to score enough points to win

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Looked like Smith was playing injured before he done his knee.

He has been good in defence though, if he was out, I would assume Reddy comes in and Inu to the centres.

strider

Post Whore
MrT said:
Strider - guess who came out of the line and got no one that left that massive gap for Logan Swann?

I never said he was great .... he was doing well to even be out there in the defensive line when that happened

MrT said:
If Ben Smith doesn't defend well he is no use to the team.
Crocket was groggy and we never once went to that side to let Grothe run at him.
We played very dumb with the ball but our defence was exactly what wins semi's. Just hope they can keep defending like that as we have enough raw talent to score enough points to win
are we blaming that on ben too?

fish eel

Immortal
strider said:
nah - he wasn't .... as I said, poor would have seen the warriors racking up the points

Good luck rather than good management

there were plenty of other grandma efforts with the boot at times tonight

lol

sportsmad said:
you think Ben's slow, wait til you watch them run round Wags

Burty to play next week and Inu to centre if Benny not fit

Well, if Burt isnt fit, who do you play there?

I dont think there is much of a difference in speed between Smith and Wagon. Wags would get the job done and free up a bench spot for a prop.