What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Only four teams can win the comp

fowlster

Juniors
I don't think "he doesn't drop any balls" is a good enough reason for Merrit to be selected over any other wingers in contention lol.

nathan-merrit-blooper-o_zpsb7224d7a.gif

BranVan3000

Coach
Taufua doesn't drop many. Did you watch last night's game where his corner was constantly attacked by a team guided by Cronk?

Yes, he defused a few. He also got bundled into touch taking one out.

I'm simply reminded of how he dropped a simple one right into the lap of Jake Friend against the Roosters to close any chance in the game. It wasn't even a difficult take, just poor hands. Imagine that happened in Origin.

firechild

First Grade
Scroll up 2 posts BranVan, imagine if that happened in origin. It'd be even more embarrassing than Creagh's backwards man impersonation.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Cliche

Only f**king dickheads gamble. I'd invest the money you want to give to a bookmaker by supporting your team and buying a membership. If you already have a membership, buy a jersey. If you already have a jersey, donate the money to a worthy cause. Gambling is nothing more than voluntary taxation for morons.

:lol::lol: Who the f*ck are you to tell people how and on what they should spend their hard earned you sanctimonious prat??

As long as people are gambling within their means what business is it of yours?

Some may say people paying thousands a year to play golf is the act of a dickhead! It's their money and their choice so who is anyone to judge?

Unbelievable.

BranVan3000

Coach
Scroll up 2 posts BranVan, imagine if that happened in origin. It'd be even more embarrassing than Creagh's backwards man impersonation.
If Merritt manages to find open space like that in Origin, it'd be the best thing the Blues could hope for. The one thing NSW has lacked in recent years is the ability to find the try line, and Merritt does that better than anyone regardless of that little blemish.

Hutty1986

Immortal
If Merritt manages to find open space like that in Origin, it'd be the best thing the Blues could hope for. The one thing NSW has lacked in recent years is the ability to find the try line, and Merritt does that better than anyone regardless of that little blemish.

If he ever got picked & ever got into that sort of space in a SOO game, it'd be because of the good work of a team mate.

Merritt doesn't create tries, he just finishes them. He won't be there anyway.

icewind

Juniors
add dce to the list possibly. Ballin backup for smith and buhrer.... well he got a go last year lol. Add g.stewart to the list and thats a few of your key players

BunniesMan

Immortal
That's what wingers are supposed to do. If we rely on our wingers to create we have gone a long way to losing the game.

Merritt is a top class finisher and reliable under the high ball and he does not make silly mistakes like rushing out of his line. The way Uate did on more than one occassion.

With Hayne at fullback there is no there is 2 wingers better than Merritt.

Sutton should be on the bench at the very least.

But I actually don't mind. If Laurie snubs us like I expect him to we will be one of the least origin affected league leaders in history. Laurie could play a big role in helping us to the minor premiership.

the dude

Juniors
That's what wingers are supposed to do. If we rely on our wingers to create we have gone a long way to losing the game.

Merritt is a top class finisher and reliable under the high ball and he does not make silly mistakes like rushing out of his line. The way Uate did on more than one occassion.

With Hayne at fullback there is no there is 2 wingers better than Merritt.

Sutton should be on the bench at the very least.

But I actually don't mind. If Laurie snubs us like I expect him to we will be one of the least origin affected league leaders in history. Laurie could play a big role in helping us to the minor premiership.

:thumn

BranVan3000

Coach
If he ever got picked & ever got into that sort of space in a SOO game, it'd be because of the good work of a team mate.

That's kind of, you know, the entire point of a winger :-k

Aragorn

First Grade
Merritt, bottom line is too small for Origin.

As for Sutton, I dont think he's proven that he handle pressure cooker situations.

Bumble

First Grade
Merritt, bottom line is too small for Origin.

As for Sutton, I dont think he's proven that he handle pressure cooker situations.

This line, along with "_____ is an origin player" has to be the most f**king moronic thing people trot out around Origin time.

_Johnsy

Referee
:lol::lol: Who the f*ck are you to tell people how and on what they should spend their hard earned you sanctimonious prat??

As long as people are gambling within their means what business is it of yours?

Some may say people paying thousands a year to play golf is the act of a dickhead! It's their money and their choice so who is anyone to judge?

Unbelievable.

While I don't agree with his comments, it's his opinion.
Take a deep breath & wash the sand out of your vag princess.

Bengal

Juniors
I was wondering what you guys think about the situation that only four teams can win the competition and they are Storms, Roosters, Rabbitohs, AND THE MIGHT SEA EAGLES..

Isn't the salary cap supposed to make things equal? How come there's such a large golf between these two teams and the rest of the competition?
This may have already been said but the salary cap was implemented to stop teams from going broke. That was its chief role. The fact that it evened out the competition was a very fortunate and happy by-product of this implementation. It does look now though, that all this new money has tipped the scales somewhat out-of-kilter to what we've all become accustomed to. If things continue on down this path then the NRL really will need to have a good hard look at the cap because without doubt, beyond a shadow of a doubt - the greatest thing about the comp has been its evenness. As for only four teams being in the running this year, I'm with you on that one, they're head and shoulders above the rest at the mo despite some recent results. That is a bastard but then again, as a follower of many different sports comps, four in the running is more than most. But again, that matters little relative to what we're used to here and what we should always strive to achieve.

blaza88z

Coach
The thing about Merritt for me is this:

you look at all the good wingers, they come in field looking to make some metres and get in on the play to give their forwards a rest, when the game is there to be won, Merritt is seemingly lost in the midst of a bermuda triangle of some sort, you only see him on the end of a back line play strolling over untouched

To be a winger at SOO level you need to be able to create, when I say create I don't mean throwing a cut out ball after brushing 2 defenders, I mean players like Hayne can kick and chase, that sort of thing. I wouldn't back Merritt to be doing that for as many tries as he's scored a lot of them have been walk in tries that would make Scott Minto look like an immortal

fact is this, he's never in the play when the game is on the line

Nice Beaver

First Grade
While I don't agree with his comments, it's his opinion.
Take a deep breath & wash the sand out of your vag princess.

Thanks for the thoughtful input.

Everyone has an opinion. That's fine. But to sweep such a ridiculously harsh brush across all who bet is utter stupidity.

The sand needs to be cleaned from someone's vag and it aint mine....princess.