What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Only four teams can win the comp

Hutty1986

Immortal
The thing about Merritt for me is this:

you look at all the good wingers, they come in field looking to make some metres and get in on the play to give their forwards a rest, when the game is there to be won, Merritt is seemingly lost in the midst of a bermuda triangle of some sort, you only see him on the end of a back line play strolling over untouched

To be a winger at SOO level you need to be able to create, when I say create I don't mean throwing a cut out ball after brushing 2 defenders, I mean players like Hayne can kick and chase, that sort of thing. I wouldn't back Merritt to be doing that for as many tries as he's scored a lot of them have been walk in tries that would make Scott Minto look like an immortal

fact is this, he's never in the play when the game is on the line

That's exactly what I mean re. Merritt. I don't mean the bloke should play f*cking halfback and put team mates in for tries. A quality winger provides a lot more than just flopping over the line-it's obviously a part of his job but good wingers can give their sides good starts to get-out sets with runs from dummy half. They actually run the footy in their own half, as opposed to Merritt only being within coo-ee of the ball whne his side is 20m out. As for Bunniesmong saying Merritt should get a gig because he doesn't make many errors... well FMD, he's me thinking that was a basic and expected skill of any decent winger.

Merritt is a peaheart and should never, ever play Origin.

BunniesMan

Immortal
f**k it. I hope none of our players make the NSW team. We'll just win the minor premiership while NSW gets belted by Queensland again.

Noname36

First Grade
Last edited:

Apey

Staff member

the dude

Juniors
:lol: What a little self-entitled ass. He wouldn't have been picked even if he was white and played for a different club.

FYI he was not talking about being picked for Origin. He didn't even get a run for City when he scored the most tries in 2003, which is what he was talking about.

firechild

First Grade
FYI he was not talking about being picked for Origin. He didn't even get a run for City when he scored the most tries in 2003, which is what he was talking about.

Yet 2 of the 4 wingers picked that year (2007) were indigenous. He's as bad as Mundine whinging about Daley being picked before him because he (Mundine) was aboriginal. Neither of the turds (Mundine and Merritt) can see past their own nose.

Both the current origin coaches are indigenous, blokes like Inglis, Thurston, Thaiday and many others have no issues being selected in rep matches despite their race. Why is it that the less talented ones seem to think it is their god given right to play rep footy? Michael Robertson was twice the player Merritt is and he hardly came into calculations despite being a premiership winner (and before the Shane Perry comments start, Robbo scored 3 tries in the 2008 GF). He didn't bitch and moan about it like Merritt.