What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Only four teams can win the comp

firechild

First Grade
The thing about Uate is that if he's on, and putting his body on the line on both sides of the ball, you want him in your origin team. At his confident best, he's an asset to any team. At his best he's an extra forward in your team, plus an x-factor match winner from the wing - and can bust a game wide open without any help from his team whatsoever.

He's not really playing like that at the moment, though... and at his worst he's a complete liability under the high ball and in defense in general. You don't pick him in his current form, and it's a pretty easy omission. If I were a rep selector, I'd always have my eye on Aku's form, but wouldn't have a problem putting a line through his name if he's not on fire.

Taufua is looking to be a very similar player, though a rung below Uate at his best. However, he is in form and has been great all year. Built like a 2nd rower and his hands are vastly improved from the early stages of 2012. Part of the most cohesive defense unit in the game and on the side that saw the most traffic last night and didn't get found out like many wingers would. I'd probably prefer he didn't play origin but if I was a selector I'd be looking to put him in the squad.

BranVan3000

Coach
I wouldn't recommend Uate for the Blues. He's injured, out of form and would prove to be a defensive liability. Cronk would have a field day with him. Just like he will if Merritt gets picked.

Merritt is safe as any player in the NRL under a high ball. He may not make huge meters on return or dummy half scoots but he won't drop any either

If the worry for our wingers is that they will get pressured by Cronk and Thurstons kicking then guys like Uate and Tafua shouldn't even be in the picture

firechild

First Grade
If the worry for our wingers is that they will get pressured by Cronk and Thurstons kicking then guys like Uate and Tafua shouldn't even be in the picture

Taufua doesn't drop many. Did you watch last night's game where his corner was constantly attacked by a team guided by Cronk?

Pete Cash

Post Whore
He's created a paradox. If bm is always wrong what happens when he gives both possible outcomes. Perhaps people should be betting on the draw or some horrific tear in the universe bringing life to an end.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Both posts were made after the game had finished. What facts changed?
I FORGOT I SAID THE OTHER THING. Alright? Are you happy you troll?

But I really do think Easts are better than Melbourne who are in serious decline. They could be close to a .500 record by the end of origin. If they miss the top 4 they won't have a chance.

I reckon if Dragons or Knights take their chances they'll have a chance of replacing Melbourne in our top 4 club.

Lambretta

First Grade
PS i know cleeshay is not how you spell iot but you know what i mean

Cliche

A cliché or cliche (UK /ˈkliːʃeɪ/ or US /klɪˈʃeɪ/) is an expression, idea, or element of an artistic work which has become overused to the point of losing its original meaning, or effect, and even, to the point of being trite or irritating, especially when at some earlier time it was considered meaningful or novel

PS

Only f**king dickheads gamble. I'd invest the money you want to give to a bookmaker by supporting your team and buying a membership. If you already have a membership, buy a jersey. If you already have a jersey, donate the money to a worthy cause. Gambling is nothing more than voluntary taxation for morons.

Noname36

First Grade
I don't think "he doesn't drop any balls" is a good enough reason for Merrit to be selected over any other wingers in contention lol.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I FORGOT I SAID THE OTHER THING. Alright? Are you happy you troll?

But I really do think Easts are better than Melbourne who are in serious decline. They could be close to a .500 record by the end of origin. If they miss the top 4 they won't have a chance.

I reckon if Dragons or Knights take their chances they'll have a chance of replacing Melbourne in our top 4 club.

Why don't you place apey under internet arrest for trolling officer

blaza88z

Coach
Easts fan trolling annoyed me. So in anger I said his team will get smashed. But now I'm calm and logical I think they will win.

you're a f**khead, logically you're a f**khead

illogically, you're still a f**khead

get it?

I have seen your logic at it's very best, oh yeah we've all seen it, mark my words we've seen it

the accumulative age of posters on this forum have all seen it

BunniesMan

Immortal
I don't think "he doesn't drop any balls" is a good enough reason for Merrit to be selected over any other wingers in contention lol.
He's also one of the great all time try scorers.
Let's get 1 thing clear, I am talking as clear as that metho you're sipping on.

When the facts change, you make shit up. See my sig for evidence.

f**kwit.
Your sig sounds pretty spot on right now.

Pig Champion

Juniors
I'd have thought only one team could win the comp unless it's topball whereby four teams can win the comp and stand on the podium at the same time holding the trophy/cup/flag thingy aloft but only if their apex's all have the same first name.