What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Orford stalked by Eels and Raiders, while Cooper and Cronk stay put

Gronk

Staff member
The #7 jumper curse continues.

Maybe we should go 1-6 then 8-14 with 15-18 on the bench ?

Either that or get Father Merrin to perform an exorcism on the jumper in the off season.

exorcisten.jpg

zuke

Juniors
No need to worry. Quade will stay with the ARU and Orford will head the the raiders. Murray/Humble/Mortimer mix for next season. Robson has had his day.

SeftonBoy

Juniors
I'm a passionate Eels fan but they are a rabble from the front office to the Toyota Cup at present.
They've gone after Cronk (Storm), Barrett (retired), Kimmorley (retired), Orford (probably Raiders), Cooper (ARU) and were never in the hunt for any of them. They have only picked up guys looking to revive their career. We are desperate need of a top notch half & hooker. We've got the fullback just need the other two. History shows that teams who win comps have a top notch spine 1,6,7,9. Hopefully the likes of Murray & Humble can step up quickly as it looks like a long season in 2011.
Do players want to play under DA? Is that the reason why we haven't picked up anyone? If somebody like Stuart or Kearney were coach would that change? Food for thought.
Can we also get some big wingers who can help the forwards out of trouble & can take attacking & defensive bombs. Grothe can have one wing but the other little guy Burt has got to go. If you watch the games this year they would bomb to Inu so he would catch. The next play is usually the other winger doing a hitup or scoot. Burt wouldn't do them or if he did he got hammered & dominated with a slow play the ball. The set of six go forward is not existent & therefore not allowing the halves & fullback room to create. Being a winger is more than just chipping & chasing & falling over the line for try's.

Captain BF

Juniors
I'm a passionate Eels fan but they are a rabble from the front office to the Toyota Cup at present.
They've gone after Cronk (Storm), Barrett (retired), Kimmorley (retired), Orford (probably Raiders), Cooper (ARU) and were never in the hunt for any of them. They have only picked up guys looking to revive their career. We are desperate need of a top notch half & hooker. We've got the fullback just need the other two. History shows that teams who win comps have a top notch spine 1,6,7,9. Hopefully the likes of Murray & Humble can step up quickly as it looks like a long season in 2011.
Do players want to play under DA? Is that the reason why we haven't picked up anyone? If somebody like Stuart or Kearney were coach would that change? Food for thought.
Can we also get some big wingers who can help the forwards out of trouble & can take attacking & defensive bombs. Grothe can have one wing but the other little guy Burt has got to go. If you watch the games this year they would bomb to Inu so he would catch. The next play is usually the other winger doing a hitup or scoot. Burt wouldn't do them or if he did he got hammered & dominated with a slow play the ball. The set of six go forward is not existent & therefore not allowing the halves & fullback room to create. Being a winger is more than just chipping & chasing & falling over the line for try's.

It's funny, i saw the name SeftonBoy in a thread about 1 Orford & 2 Coopers and wondered how he would get to heaping sh*te on Burty, but you did it.

Persistence is usually an admirable quality. It's a bit old and boring now though.

I think it's fair to say that we get it mate, you don't rate Burt.

strider

Post Whore

I honestly don't think that's an issue ... Cronk - wanted to come but melbourne wouldn't let him; Barrett & Kimmorley - they are old; Cooper - I honestly don't think he was ever likely to come; Orford - well he hasn't actually turned us down yet

strider

Post Whore
It's funny, i saw the name SeftonBoy in a thread about 1 Orford & 2 Coopers and wondered how he would get to heaping sh*te on Burty, but you did it.

Persistence is usually an admirable quality. It's a bit old and boring now though.

I think it's fair to say that we get it mate, you don't rate Burt.
:lol: :lol: :lol: .... I think Burt must have run over his dog

SeftonBoy

Juniors
Never have. Never will. My point was more about the overall problems they have. The forwards can match any in the comp but the halves & the little wingman have been the Eels' achilles heal. Surely we have big strong fast wingers coming through.

SDM

First Grade
Can a mod please change his name to Sefton Burt so we can laugh at him?

oldmancraigy

Coach
Way off topic: but why can't he bag Burt in every thread anyway?

Mortimer gets bagged in every thread

Hayne USED to get bagged in every thread (you know, back when he thought Hagan was a moron who couldn't coach because he wouldn't let him play FB - guess Hages showed him...)

For some reason KK doesn't get bagged in every thread

Todddd Lowrie got bagged in every thread

Why can't he chase around and bag Burt?