What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Orford stalked by Eels and Raiders, while Cooper and Cronk stay put

Gronk

Staff member
hey I ain't no religo - but if you are that way inclined then I'd say God put wings on chickens :thumn

Birds evolved from reptiles actually. The often quoted imaginary friend had zip to do with it. ;-)

Last edited:

Snoochies

First Grade
Humans are said to grow wings in the future, it's only natural with all the flying we are doing and will certainly help with traffic congestion.

Suitman

Post Whore
I wanna know how the Colonel grows hot and spicy flavoured chickens.
Come to think of it, maybe he buys them from SDM.

Suity

zuke

Juniors
Are there any other UK Superleague halves that would be worthy of a look in? I don't know maybe Michael Monaghan? Shaun Berrigan? Thoughts

boxhead

First Grade
Maybe we don't need a halfback, hell lets give Brad Murray some experience and pair him with Morts!

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Are there any other UK Superleague halves that would be worthy of a look in? I don't know maybe Michael Monaghan? Shaun Berrigan? Thoughts

Lee Briers

Maybe Sam Tomkins or Rangi Chase, after that you are looking at guys like Rob Burrow or Kyle Eastmond but I would recommend either of those.

Monaghan is playing well but Lee Briers is the leader in the halves at Warrington.

boxhead

First Grade
Do you guys think any of them would seriously come down here for a 1 year deal though? Because Quade signed a 1 year deal with the ARU, it looks like the Eels will find a stop-gap solution and wait for Quade to come in 2012. The only player that would come down for 1 year IMO is Orford, which is unfortunate.

boxhead

First Grade
Money talks, pretty sure we will bring someone out of retirement.

Yeah, makes sense actually. We can offer more than any other club can; hell we might sign an oldie for 600K for 1 year, they'll be set for life ;-)

lewiscook

Juniors
Do you guys think any of them would seriously come down here for a 1 year deal though? Because Quade signed a 1 year deal with the ARU, it looks like the Eels will find a stop-gap solution and wait for Quade to come in 2012. The only player that would come down for 1 year IMO is Orford, which is unfortunate.

Quade Cooper imo will not come to Parra now, it was either now or never tbh.
In 2012 when Quade is back in negotiations i reckon he will sign for the Titans or the Broncos when either Lockyer or Prince retires.

sam54no

Juniors
Quade Cooper imo will not come to Parra now, it was either now or never tbh.
In 2012 when Quade is back in negotiations i reckon he will sign for the Titans or the Broncos when either Lockyer or Prince retires.

But can the Titans or Broncos match the 800k a season we reportedly offerred him? Well probably, they'll work out some third party deal where he only takes 200k out of the cap.

lewiscook

Juniors
But can the Titans or Broncos match the 800k a season we reportedly offerred him? Well probably, they'll work out some third party deal where he only takes 200k out of the cap.

Haha yeah aye, something ludicrous like that. bloody discgrace.

lewiscook

Juniors

Haha yeah aye, something ludicrous like that. bloody discgrace.

Djay

Juniors
I really hope we don't get Orford, firstly I hate him and secondly his an over rated piece of crap.

mrpwnd

Bench
I really hope we don't get Orford, firstly I hate him and secondly his an over rated piece of crap.
He ain't too bad, but he's on his last legs, at this point i'd focus on getting an average young halfback and just slowly blood him through first grade.

I wonder what the chances are of Murray making it to 1st grade next year? I want to see him in the trial games alongside Humble and see how the 2 go.

MrT

Juniors

WOW somebody actually agrees with me. I have mates who are manly supporters and they were relieved he left. His kicking game is terrible and he cannot throw a nice pass. his biggest asset is his speed off the mark and he can trouble tired defences with his running game.

In terms of organising, he's no better than Tim Smith

and for those comments that he was a premiership winning halfback, so what Jeff Robson almost was last year. had Melb not cheated he would have been, does that mean we give him $300k per year?

Latest posts