What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Organised crime and drugs in sport investigation part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiger5150

Bench
In all the articles so far about Cronulla they keep rolling out the same line about Danks, 2011....substances that werent listed etc.......

I reckon there will be more to it than that, it wouldnt surprise me if some of these guys kept up a regime after Danks left.

Also I reckon the focus on Danks is missing the point. The ACC wasnt investigating drugs in sport, it wasnt investigating a small fish like Danks. It was investigating organised crime. I cant believe the papers havent put 2 + 2 together with what is happening and their own article a week or so ago. A man in Castle Hill was arrested for organising importation and distribution of legal AND illegal substances and distributing it via known organised crime sydnicates from his sports supplement store in Castle Hill. The article says that his customers were organised crime, athletes,,,,and S. Danks.

ACC have been tracking these guys and athletes are getting caught in nets IMO> This article is the real story and the AFL & NRL are peripheral catch.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/body-of-evidence-how-police-busted-steroid-supply-ring-20130225-2f230.html

From what I can see no one from ASADA or the ACC mentioned this "blackest or darkest day" that was a media beat up from a quote from a former head Richard Ings.

Rebecca's brother (is he?) on Sunrise suggesting it's similar to Essendon with players being needled "unknowingly"

If thats true that's likely why the reduced sentence has been mooted

The quote is simply reflective of the sensationalist and unnecessary press conference.

They brought on all the speculation , rumour & innuendo by holding that event.

They could have kept their mouth shut and continued investigating in a manner which didn't impact on all the innocent parties.

Canard

Immortal
The quote is simply reflective of the sensationalist and unnecessary press conference.

They brought on all the speculation , rumour & innuendo by holding that event.

They could have kept their mouth shut and continued investigating in a manner which didn't impact on all the innocent parties.

Agreed, but no doubt be accused of being asleep at the wheel by all and sundry after the other code leaked early.

Agreed, but no doubt be accused of being asleep at the wheel by all and sundry after the other code leaked early.

Sure , but investigations continue behind the scenes all the time without the need for investigating bodies to comment. Police are often accused of being 'asleep at the wheel' , but they can't and won't tell the public about what's going on behind the scenes.

If the press conference was all about the ACC and asada saving face it's even worse.

Also they could have held a far less sensationalist press conference that was simple and direct. They could have just said something like ' we are aware of these allegations and have been investigating them for some time'.

Last edited:

applesauce

Bench
Sharks fans without rubbing salt in the wounds, can someone make a team with all the new signings (since 2011) plus the Holden Cup squad to fill in blanks. I think the team could be somewhat respectable (at least in the forward pack).

DJShaksta

First Grade
Sharks fans without rubbing salt in the wounds, can someone make a team with all the new signings (since 2011) plus the Holden Cup squad to fill in blanks. I think the team could be somewhat respectable (at least in the forward pack).

Check the corresponding thread in the sharks forum.
It's still a decent side.

ek999

First Grade
Sure , but investigations continue behind the scenes all the time without the need for investigating bodies to comment. Police are often accused of being 'asleep at the wheel' , but they can't and won't tell the public about what's going on behind the scenes.

If the press conference was all about the ACC and asada saving face it's even worse.

Also they could have held a far less sensationalist press conference that was simple and direct. They could have just said something like ' we are aware of these allegations and have been investigating them for some time'.

The press conference was all the government as was the releasing of the report. Kate Lundy came out in an article a few days later and said so herself. To blame ACC and ASADA for this all becoming public is wrong.

It's just way to good to be true. I'll believe they are well and truly f***ed when it's official. There's a hilarious picture of Gallen in this morning's Telegraph in a black suit looking like he's heartbroken, bewildered and cro magnon dumb all in the same expression.

If everything that is rumoured comes to pass this is already nailed on Best Season Ever. And think about the other clubs under the hammer. Most of them harmless, but at least one of them among the worst filth in the comp. Whatever, post's going to be deleted anyway, it's Manly! Allah, in your infinite grace and mercy let them be guilty and stripped.

Dudes, the sky is blue, birds are singing. The Scum are (*cough cough* "allegedly") F***ED!

ceagle

Bench
Are all the other clubs mostly in the clear? If they are punishing the Sharks right now wouldn't they be punishing the other clubs if they have players implicated?

Mad Magpie

Juniors
What about other players who were in the Sharks 2011 squad and are now elsewhere e.g. Snowden and Smith at Newcastle - could explain why Newcastle were one of the clubs under the spotlight.

ceagle

Bench
If it is true that these players took peptides which weren't banned back in 2011 then ASADA can f**k right off, hopefully the Sharkies can take them to the cleaners

Are all the other clubs mostly in the clear? If they are punishing the Sharks right now wouldn't they be punishing the other clubs if they have players implicated?

Ceagle, if they're working their way through the Scum now, you'd have to be worried if you were the other five clubs named. Wouldn't you? If they'd tagged Saints in that initial group I'd be panicking now. Albeit, yes, less so this year because we're so crap and there's so much less to lose.

I'd be nervous if we'd won the comp in 2011 and not 2010 though. Personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts