What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Organised crime and drugs in sport investigation part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

carcharias

Immortal
Are all the other clubs mostly in the clear? If they are punishing the Sharks right now wouldn't they be punishing the other clubs if they have players implicated?

I think it is more a case of picking off the weakest first .

You should probably be more worried than us.
Four years at Manly compared to 4 weeks at the sharks.

anyway .......put another * next to this years eventual premiership winner.

BDR

First Grade
If it is true that these players took peptides which weren't banned back in 2011 then ASADA can f**k right off, hopefully the Sharkies can take them to the cleaners

It doesn't have to be a banned drug at the time for you to cop a ban.

ceagle

Bench
Ceagle, if they're working their way through the Scum now, you'd have to be worried if you were the other five clubs named. Wouldn't you? If they'd tagged Saints in that initial group I'd be panicking now. Albeit, yes, less so this year because we're so crap and there's so much less to lose.

I'd be nervous if we'd won the comp in 2011 and not 2010 though. Personally.
Not worried that much at the moment, CEO said we had were at a minor risk, not sure if the Sharkies CEO said something similar though.

Also Dank left the club long before any peptides were added to the banned substance list.

carcharias

Immortal
how does that work?

so ...using that theory, everyone who drove at 59 kph in a 60 zone that has since been changed to 50 kph has broken the law?

ceagle

Bench
I think it is more a case of picking off the weakest first .

You should probably be more worried than us.
Four years at Manly compared to 4 weeks at the sharks.

anyway .......put another * next to this years eventual premiership winner.
What did the Nulla CEO say exactly after the ASADA meeting?

TBH you guys should be the most worried since as far as I see no other club has actually been called out.

ceagle

Bench
How about that substance in JACK3D before it was banned? I'm sure half of the players would be taking something similar, will they be banned?

BDR

First Grade
how does that work?

so ...using that theory, everyone who drove at 59 kph in a 60 zone that has since been changed to 50 kph has broken the law?

One is a law enacted by government. The other is a regulation enforced by a anti-doping agency.

Surely you see the difference there?

carcharias

Immortal
One is a law enacted by government. The other is a regulation enforced by a anti-doping agency.

Surely you see the difference there?

no.

either they did the wrong at the time according to the rules, or they didn't.

ceagle

Bench
They can do a number of things, they can increase collagen in the body to speed up tissue repair, they can maximize the most out of your natural growth hormones, they can help strip fat easier

Are all the other clubs mostly in the clear? If they are punishing the Sharks right now wouldn't they be punishing the other clubs if they have players implicated?

Don Furner gave the indication that the Raiders are expected to be given the all clear.

Which make it such a farce how it was handled

BDR

First Grade
How about that substance in JACK3D before it was banned? I'm sure half of the players would be taking something similar, will they be banned?

no.

The WADA code says it is illegal to manipulate bodily hormones, even with unlisted supplements.

Jack3D was banned because it contains Methylexanamine (DMAA), which doesn't manipulate hormones. Players who took that in the past probably wouldn't face a ban because they didn't breach the code.

ceagle

Bench
Would it matter more that they were taken them right around the same time they were banned in 2011, since it could still be in their systems at the point the drug was banned?

ceagle

Bench
Don Furner gave the indication that the Raiders are expected to be given the all clear.

Which make it such a farce how it was handled
Yeah our CEO said we were at a minimal risk of anything happening, thats why I'm interested in hearing what the Sharkies CEO said

we didnt make a comment about what asada indicated.

we said that we would let the investigation take its course and would fully co operate.

ek999

First Grade
no.

Part of the WADA code, as said by the Roosters club doctor on Twitter last night is that any substance which changes your hormones is illegal whether it is on the banned substance list or not. It's how Marion Jones and others who were using 'The Clear' were caught.

WADA can't keep up with every substance that gets developed. This part allows them to ban sportspeople who were taking performance enhancing drugs that were not known to WADA at the time

ceagle

Bench
we didnt make a comment about what asada indicated.

we said that we would let the investigation take its course and would fully co operate.
Well that probably tells the fact that the Sharkies are definitely the club most implicated in this, and the other clubs would be far less involved.

Also I recall an article stating NRL bosses were most worried about Cronulla's involvement in all of this.

Danish

Referee
The WADA code says it is illegal to manipulate bodily hormones, even with unlisted supplements.

Jack3D was banned because it contains Methylexanamine (DMAA), which doesn't manipulate hormones. Players who took that in the past probably wouldn't face a ban because they didn't breach the code.

But aren't some peptides and other substances legal? I assume they all have some effect on hormones

Status
Not open for further replies.