What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Organised crime and drugs in sport investigation part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

magpie4ever

First Grade
In other news I can only assume Kmav's absence thus far can be attributed to the fact that upon hearing the news, he immediately began sprinting to his computer, only for his fat pig heart to explode in his chest. RIP Kmav, you'll be missed by no one

Are you sure Kmav is male??

Teddyboy

First Grade
Pretty perfect timing that all of this is most likely going to be announced the same day that the season was meant to start.

There is never a positive for the NRL season starting with Benji I mean Ben/SBW circus pulling a fast one and now the Sharks.

Why doesn't the NFL get pulled up for drugs and crime ?

Canard

Immortal
If this is early stages and if players are found guilty and stood down, does that mean any wins would be stripped or given to the opposite team? f**k there are some merkins running this investigation, it should've been wrapped up before the season starts

Yes the sanctity of the competition is far more important than due process and a thorough investigation.

elbusto

Coach
Yes the sanctity of the competition is far more important than due process and a thorough investigation.
Well actually a proper investigation of this type should not be run in such a shambolic manner.

That is what is pissing people off.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Call me a cynic but i have to question the timing of this. Couldn't asada with all of the evidence they trumpeted so loudly about a month ago have raised this weeks ago rather than on the eve of the season. Don't doubt the seriousness of the situation for cronulla and i hope it has just been massively blown up by the media who as usual i suspect know absolutely nothing of fact here.

Cronulla investigation will be just the start. This season will be ruined by scandalous media reports throughout the season with ASADA moving onto other clubs. If an investigation into Dank is going to cause this much drama after being at a club for a couple of months, I cringe to think what's going to happen where he was involved for much longer at another club.

Going to be. Long long season

Paullyboy

Coach
It's already been mentioned by someone else in this thread, but I fail to see how this is big news given it's referring to the Sharks rosters from 2 years ago.

On the other hand, If the Tigers from a few years ago were being investigated, the Sharks would have a real something to worry about...

Diesel

Referee

They should've shut their mouths until the investigation finished or they had something. It became a political stunt and that is what has pissed so many off

CrazyTiger

Juniors
Without meaning to offend, the Perth Pirates does sound a lot like the monicker for a mardi gras float! The Pirates just doesn't work on so many levels. Let's face it, it is up there with the Cowboys and the Broncos!

David Smith has recently talked about his desire to expand the NRL into a genuinely national competition. In order for this to occur there is an obvious club that needs to be dealt with! This club has been putting its hand up for years while taking more hand outs than anyone could possibly remember!

Anyways, back on topic. Is the Sharks logo too damaged for a Perth Sharks franchise (the Adelaide Sharks has always been far to bodies in the barrel for me)?

Can the Sharks brand still be sold to the general public in Australia?

Last edited:
Without meaning to offend, the Perth Pirates does sound a lot like the monicker for a mardi gras float! The Pirates just doesn't work on so many levels. Let's face it, it is up there with the Cowboys and the Broncos!

David Smith has recently talked about his desire to expand to the NRL into a genuinely national competition. In order for this to occur there is an obvious club that needs to be dealt with! This club has been putting it's hand up for years while taking more hand outs than anyone could possibly remember!

Anyways, back on topic. Is the Sharks logo too damaged for a Perth Sharks franchise (the Adelaide Sharks has always been far to bodies in the barrel for me)?

I am convinced you are really KMAV. Either that or his bum buddy

El Diablo

Post Whore
Cronulla investigation will be just the start. This season will be ruined by scandalous media reports throughout the season with ASADA moving onto other clubs. If an investigation into Dank is going to cause this much drama after being at a club for a couple of months, I cringe to think what's going to happen where he was involved for much longer at another club.

Going to be. Long long season

every club bar Cronulla have come out and said they were told by ASADA they were in the low level category

every club bar Cronulla have come out and said they were told by ASADA they were in the low level category

Sorry El but Cronulla are also in the clear, despite some morons in here praying for that to be different. We are talking individual players, not the club/s themselves. It's about what players did outside the club and who was assisting them.

magpie4ever

First Grade
They should've shut their mouths until the investigation finished or they had something. It became a political stunt and that is what has pissed so many off

Yeah it is all ASADA's fault for chasing drug cheats & NCC investigation into organised crime's involvement in this - it a conspiracy.

Christ, they said at the time (news conference) this investigation would take time and they had their reasons to announce an investigation was underway - that was a report was presented to parliament and therefore under their tenure need to be made available to the public - therefore the press conference or it would have been in the papers with journalists asking why it was released on the quiet (in other words, a cover up).

The rest has been a media circus.

First Grade

David Smith has recently talked about his desire to expand the NRL into a genuinely national competition. In order for this to occur there is an obvious club that needs to be dealt with! This club has been putting its hand up for years while taking more hand outs than anyone could possibly remember!

Perth Battle Pirates sounds much better

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Someone needs to explain to me how something which wasn't on a banned list at the time is punishable.

Yeah it is all ASADA fault for chasing drug cheats & NCC investigation into organised crime's involvement in this - it a conspiracy.

Christ, they said at the time (news conference) this investigation would take time and they had their reasons to announce an investigation was underway - that was a report was presented to parliament and therefore under their tenure need to be made available to the public - therefore the press conference or it would have been in the papers with journalists asking why it was released on the quiet (in other words, a cover up).

The rest has been a media circus.

The reality is that our code is being arse flogged in order to catch out one man in particular. At least that is how it looks at this stage.

One thing I don't quite understand is how does a player put their hand up and say I took this and I took that. This and that were not banned in 2011 but became listed in 2012. Were they on this and that in 2012. None have tested positive.

Smoke and mirrors to pressure those who done the wrong thing. If it catches a cheat, fine don't care who it is, ban them. But if the substance wasn't banned at the time, it would make no sense. It still smells of a hunt for a slam dunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts