What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Organised crime and drugs in sport investigation part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

bartman

Immortal
Thanks for that enlightening news.

Up until the point of either admission of guilt being proven they are still innocent.

I thought you were the lefty between us two?
Actually being innocent, and the right to be considered innocent are two different things.

You sir are a goose, don't go sailing near the horizon cause you will fall off the end of the earth.:p

Lol.

Coming from one of the biggest dribblers I've ever read on these boards.

If not buying the government line of 'darkest day in Australian sport' makes me a flat earther , then so be it.

But I only buy what I can see. And so far all we've seen is a poorly handled investigation followed by rumour and innuendo.

Show me something tangible and ill start believing.

Danish

Referee
I can just picture magpie4ever in germany circa 1939:

"Mate they must have done SOMETHING to be getting rounded up like that. We just aren't being told it for no particular reason"

ASADA ain't a f**king criminal organisation. Why would they feel the need to keep details of their investigation secret, while at the same time want all th world to know that they are investigating?

If all they've got is some bloody peptides being taken 2 f**king years ago personally I think it would be quite embarrassing for them

Pete Cash

Post Whore
""No player is thought to have failed a drugs test. It is understood that if players do admit to taking a banned substance they would claim to have done so unknowingly.""

If the players have not failed the drug test how can they ban you. you would be stupid player to take the 6 month ban

It really depends on what information ASADA has. They can ban along a number of criteria outside of a failed drug test. It really depends on how true the information the media is producing. If the club lawyer hired by Cronulla actually did change his tune on what the players should do it suggests ASADA presented some kind of evidence to him.

magpie4ever

First Grade
If there is more to it that why are there no reports to that effect?

And I don't read blogs champ.

ASADA has not released any information on anyone or specific organisation and will not do so until each individual investigation is and any other civil or criminal cases are finalised; only the media has ran the guess work.

So where are you getting the information from that is peptides that were legal at the time and ASADA is trying the hang these players on a retrospective ban.

It really depends on what information ASADA has. They can ban along a number of criteria outside of a failed drug test. It really depends on how true the information the media is producing. If the club lawyer hired by Cronulla actually did change his tune on what the players should do it suggests ASADA presented some kind of evidence to him.

Remember though Pete , this is the clubs lawyer not the players.

The clubs lawyer is likely to act in the clubs best interests.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
The fact that the players were pidgeonholed into taking a 6 month ban is pretty serious to me. Without an investigation to prove their innocence? What in the name of f**k.

Danish

Referee
ASADA has not released any information on anyone or specific organisation and will not do so until each individual investigation is and any other civil or criminal cases are finalised; only the media has ran the guess work.

So where are you getting the information from that is peptides that were legal at the time and ASADA is trying the hang these players on a retrospective ban.

You are getting your info on players being banned from the same f**king media that you are chastising Henry for getting his info from

magpie4ever

First Grade
Lol.

Coming from one of the biggest dribblers I've ever read on these boards.

If not buying the government line of 'darkest day in Australian sport' makes me a flat earther , then so be it.

But I only buy what I can see. And so far all we've seen is a poorly handled investigation followed by rumour and innuendo.

Show me something tangible and ill start believing.

Ok, as I suggested you can not see over the horizon - you are a flat earther. Lord help me for trying to converse with you.

Last edited:

And we're are you getting the info that they kept being taken once they went on the banned list?

I'm getting it from the SMH , which typically print stories based on sources and info. Not rumour and innuendo.

You keep backing asada every step of the way , what on earth have they done to deserve your blind faith?!

bartman

Immortal
That's splitting hairs.

They haven't even been charged with anything.
It's not splitting anything, since we don't even know what we're playing with here yet.

All the Armstrong comment was doing was replying to the point that if the players don't admit guilt it's up to ASADA to prove guilt... by adding that sometimes the person with something to hide eventually cracks and admits it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.