What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Organised crime and drugs in sport investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.

carcharias

Immortal
The problem is that this kind of thing is like being exposed to a disease. If one high profile player from Cronulla (or any other club for that matter) hooked up with him during that short exposure to him, then a whole bunch of players may have followed on the quiet.

It rules out systematic club doping (which is very important), but it doesn't mean your players aren't doped independently.

Does it?

Why would players follow?

eozsmiles

Bench
Does it?

Why would players follow?

-Because many of them are young and impressionable.
-Because they might see a gun player on the juice and think it is their best option.
-Because senior player/s have mentioned it is good to get over injury.
-Because they see a player living in a hot house with a hot car and think "I want that and I'll do anything to get it.
-Because they get poor advice.
-Because they think they won't get caught.
-Because they are stupid.

Any or all of the above and probably a few more reasons too.

CrazyTiger

Juniors
How come today it's okay for someone to speculate using players names?

CT should be banned

Banned for what! It is a fact that Cronulla and the Tigers have significant links at the moment. Hopefully we are drug free. But we won't know until players start shopping each other to avoid two year bans.

First Grade
Banned for what! It is a fact that Cronulla and the Tigers have significant links at the moment. Hopefully we are drug free. But we won't know until players start shopping each other to avoid two year bans.

Newcastle has links to manly cronulla panthers raiders cowboys since 2005 that doesn't mean we are the centre of the whole conspiracy :sarcasm:

DJShaksta

First Grade
Mate if you think all players these days aren't social with each other and it's just players that may have played with the same team's your kidding.

So many players mix with each other these days there would be an infinite amount of connections.

Ultimately if someone can get something all players would know how to get it.

Wait until it all comes out.

Ring Gids?

carcharias

Immortal
Hilarious stuff.

Here kids take this and you can be like me ... but don't tell anyone.

... and they didn't say a word .

CrazyTiger

Juniors
Yep, not one jaded, jilted, sacked or disgruntled ex employee of a club or the NRL has whispered a word.....

That is how it works. If you are incriminated then it becomes very difficult to speak out. This is why Lance wanted everyone around him drugged too. Actually even if you are not incriminated it is very hard to speak out if everyone else is doing it. This is why there exists something called whistleblowers.

Someone is whispering words. There are six clubs under investigation.

Last edited:

carcharias

Immortal
1 : lance was accused for years and years publicaly .
2: I am unaware of one single rumour getting around about peptides
.... and I have heard most of the rumours in rugby league.

You would be suprised who the people with the biggest mouths are.

Shorty

Staff member
This is a thing that's irritated me, look at all this speculation....it's damaging.
If it's so secretive, why bloody release anything at all?

butchmcdick

Post Whore
1 : lance was accused for years and years publicaly .
2: I am unaware of one single rumour getting around about peptides
.... and I have heard most of the rumours in rugby league.

You would be suprised who the people with the biggest mouths are.

Steve Tyler and mick jagger spring to mind

Fire

First Grade
This is a thing that's irritated me, look at all this speculation....it's damaging.
If it's so secretive, why bloody release anything at all?

essendon-bombers-logo11.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts