What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ORIGIN 1 - GAME DAY THREAD

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Nicho has played well, doesn't gel with Luai but the glaring thing to me is at this point in his career, he's no game breaker. McInnes is good at club level, not origin at this stage. I've turned the game off, just about to go to bed.

Up the Sharks.
I agree he isn’t a game breaker. I disagree he played well tonight. He was average. He looks hesitant and doesn’t attack. Everything in slo motion.

DJDL

Bench
I agree he isn’t a game breaker. I disagree he played well tonight. He was average. He looks hesitant and doesn’t attack. Everything in slo motion.

Agreed. His kicking game was average for one. Then in the second half there were long periods where the Blues were absolutely rudderless in attack.
That’s on the 7 for me.

Weaponhead

Coach
Yep. Defensively was too passive. Went low too often and gave up offloads that led to tries. But it's tough having the bloke outside get sent off to stuff up the structure.

He was on a hiding to nothing at the start and with the send off he had no chance. Hope he learns from it and won't be too disappointed when he is dropped because he will be.

Quicksilver

Bench
I don't know. You've got fast paced club footballers that turn into ball watchers when they put on a blues jersey. It's the whole backline and it happens when The Jaw is there too.

coolumsharkie

Referee
It's a pass mark, he did his thing. Doesn't gel with Luai and there's f**k all cohesion or communication but it's easy to bag the halves when you play 12/13 at this level. The middle did f**k all, which is kind of standard when you're one player down.

Anyway.. f**k Origin

Was the mascara boy tackle really a send-off, or would 10 minutes been enough?

One thing is for sure, it’s cost NSW the game.

Unfortunately it was the force of it that always raises eyebrows in the bunker. When you come in hard to tackle you need to get it right.

SharkShocked

Bench
Agreed. His kicking game was average for one. Then in the second half there were long periods where the Blues were absolutely rudderless in attack.
That’s on the 7 for me.

Watch Moses kick compared to Hynes.

It feels like Moses stands deeper and gives himself time to put his foot through the f**kn thing.

Hynes is always up too close or takes far too long to get his kicks away.

Shits me watching it every week.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Watch Moses kick compared to Hynes.

It feels like Moses stands deeper and gives himself time to put his foot through the f**kn thing.

Hynes is always up too close or takes far too long to get his kicks away.

Shits me watching it every week.
Chips every single one.

bluefox68

Staff member
I know it’s sour grapes, but I don’t care…

Imagine this scenario:

8th minute of Origin 1 at Suncorp. Val Holmes tackles Tedesco high when Tedesco is falling into the tackle. Does he get sent off?
No.
Klein is such a coward.