What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Origin 2013 NSW side

typicalfan

Coach
You can't have Fifita and Woods imo. Two rookie props is too risky especially if Merrin who has played only limited minutes in origin also gets picked. I would consider starting with Gallen and Tamou with Grant and either Woods or Fifita. That will be a tough choice.

SydneyRaider9

Juniors
I think they must go with Carney. Can't change too much from last year considering we only went down by 1 point. He's been awesome at club level and will continue to improve at Origin level. Give him another shot.

slammingsam

Juniors
@BuzzRothfield: LEAKED NSW TEAM

HAYNE
FERGUSON
MORRIS
JENNINGS
MORRIS
MALONEY
PEARCE
BIRD
LEWIS
HOFFMAN
GALLEN
FARAH
TAMAU

GIDLEY
WATMOUGH
MERRIN
FIFITA

Great , we've changed our halves yet again.

Tim Grant duded as well. When the hell are we going to learn to have a little bit of loyalty?!

He played his arse off last year in origin , and he gets dumped for another rookie.

Fifita has been playing great. But you don't dump successful players.

Last edited:

BDR

First Grade
I hope the official selectors can spell the players' names right. Buzz is probably 3/4 through a bottle of whiskey.

I love that NSW keep changing the good half and leaving Pearce there. Outside of the halves pretty good side though.

Great , we've changed our halves yet again.

Tim Grant duded as well. When the hell are we going to learn to have a little bit of loyalty?!

He played his arse off last year in origin , and he gets dumped for another rookie.

Fifita has been playing great. But you don't dump successful players.

Loyalty has gotten the blues nowhere the past few years.....

Jono078

Referee
I applaud the team, couldn't have picked it much better myself.

Gidley is the questionable selection for mine.

And I never have been a fan of Ryan Hoffman, but I think he's been better as of late.

big hit!

Bench
@BuzzRothfield: LEAKED NSW TEAM

HAYNE
FERGUSON
MORRIS
JENNINGS
MORRIS
MALONEY
PEARCE
BIRD
LEWIS
HOFFMAN
GALLEN
FARAH
TAMAU

GIDLEY
WATMOUGH
MERRIN
FIFITA

Carney out - DUMB
Gallen a prop - DUMB
A utility for sake of a utility - DUMB
Only 2 props - ABSOLUTELY FARKIN DUMB

Oh well, I'll be happy to be proven wrong Wednesday week, but this team seems to be persisting with the losing game plan Stuart had in place........just with several different players.

Jason Maher

Immortal
The NSW team has been loyal to players ? You're kidding right ?

We've occasionally been loyal to duds (Gidley, Pearce, Creagh), but usually disloyal to players who step up. Grant is the latest in a long line.

Seriously, wouldn't Carney on the bench be a better selection than Ring Gids?

big hit!

Bench
Loyalty has gotten the blues nowhere the past few years.....

NSW shown loyalty?

It's not the players that get picked that are the problem. It's the nuffy selectors that throw players into Origin entirely based on that individual's club form instead of how they'll contribute effectively in a NSW team.

Let's see how this 'awesome' Pearce and Maloney club combo goes behind a smaller forward pack of players who don't run the lines of their bigger and damaging Rooster team mates. And how will they go with Farah! He's not going to be as disciplined as Friend or Mortimer in giving them quick ball on 4th and 5th. Farah plays a game these two aren't generally used to.

3 duds in the side

Hoffman - a guy who has proven he's not SOO standard
Gidley - I think a team of 16 would be better than having him as the 17th
Pearce - well no explanation needed.

I feel so bad for Tim Grant, the guy played his heart out last year and has tried hard behind a struggling penrith team. Just pisses me off that they choose the keep guys like Pearce and drop a known performer.

I am also unsure just his they intend to use Merrin, he won't be nearly as effective up front and Bird is an 80 minute player.... I hope they're not planning to shuffle the back row to bring him into the game. Also he's not an impact player so WTF?! would have preferred Tariq Sims.

And one last thing - I really hope NSW remain consistent and drop Pearce if he has a shocker in game 1 win or lose. They did it with Uate so why don't they get rid of this hack.

big hit!

Bench
3 props. Merrin may wear #13 for us, but he is honestly a #13 in the old numbering system, not the new one.

defence isn't different. he's still in the middle with Hunt & Weyman.

his game with the ball has changed though. more of a ball playing forward. NSW have a heap of these.

What the Blues need are big blokes that can muscle up and plow through the middle. Tamou and Fifita are not enough.

NSW shown loyalty?

It's not the players that get picked that are the problem. It's the nuffy selectors that throw players into Origin entirely based on that individual's club form instead of how they'll contribute effectively in a NSW team.

Let's see how this 'awesome' Pearce and Maloney club combo goes behind a smaller forward pack of players who don't run the lines of their bigger and damaging Rooster team mates. And how will they go with Farah! He's not going to be as disciplined as Friend or Mortimer in giving them quick ball on 4th and 5th. Farah plays a game these two aren't generally used to.

Maybe Farrah would be more inclined to pass to his halfback if his #7 didn't have a pea sized brain.