What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Origin 3 discussion thread

number8

Juniors
QLD passion is bullsh*t. I live up here & it (origin) is very important to them but no so more than NSW where I grew up. They say it is with many having never been South to verify their claim.

They do however have a massive case of the tall poppy syndrome up here & always carry on about getting the rough end of the pineapple in regard to the ARL treatment. Also a myth, any Wayne Bennett coached test team proves that.

I think QLD is only happy when it's gloating or when it's sooking. There is no happy medium. At the the end of the day, the team of better players was beaten by the better team & deserved the win. No gloating, no sooking, that's how it is.

The wheather up here is awesome though. Why can't they just be happy that they live here. It's a great place to live.

Eelectrica

Referee
mickdo said:
Where was Qld passion for the previous 3 series, eh? Qld only ever seems to 'have it' when they win. Pathetic really.
Even us Queenslanders can recognise that Andrew Johns was that damn good.
Passion and Spirit can only go so far when up against some one like Andrew Johns. He can control the game with ease and do things that would make this years NSW HB's head spin.

Eelectrica

Referee
number8 said:
I think QLD is only happy when it's gloating or when it's sooking. There is no happy medium. At the the end of the day, the team of better players was beaten by the better team & deserved the win. No gloating, no sooking, that's how it is.
Sorry, can't really let this slide without a comment.
I remember plenty of gloat from NSW last year, in fact I don't need to look far to find an example of NSW gloating of winning past series. And I'm reading more than enough sooking from NSW this year.

number8

Juniors
Eelectrica said:
Sorry, can't really let this slide without a comment.
I remember plenty of gloat from NSW last year, in fact I don't need to look far to find an example of NSW gloating of winning past series. And I'm reading more than enough sooking from NSW this year.

Not from this Blue you won't (on gloating or sooking). To be honest I'm happy the better team won. That's the way footy should be. That & I'm not so biased as to say NSW didn't get the rub & ample opportunity because they did for sure!

But yes, QLDers are the bigger gloats & the bigger sooks. There are plenty of NSW supporters in the same catagory I agree, but nowhere near the QLD mass. It's fair dinkum like a genetic imprint.