What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Origin Eligibility changes

First Grade

Canard

Immortal
Here you go because you don't seem capable of finding FACTS yourself, I have provided a link to an article where Inglis himself says he was "confused" when asked where he played his first senior footy, it clearly shows the FACTS of the matter in the article and that my friend is all there really is to it.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/why-greg-inglis-is-a-maroon/story-e6frepaf-1111116761552

Inglis is not quoted at all, his Dad is quoted saying there is some confusion, but by no means says that he should have been a blue.

It clears up nothing actually.

First Grade
Inglis is not quoted at all, his Dad is quoted saying there is some confusion, but by no means says that he should have been a blue.

It clears up nothing actually.

Ok my bad he wasn't directly quoted however the quotes below appear to show that he didn't think HSH games meant senior games (when in fact they did)

"He was asked where he played his first senior football and to his mind he didn't think senior football meant a schoolboys game for Hunter Sports High.

"At the time (he was asked to state his allegiance), Greg was playing senior football for Norths Devils, so he put himself down for Queensland.

"He didn't think schoolboy football counted as senior football. Then later on the media (Channel 9) showed a clip of him playing for Hunter Sports."

Canard

Immortal
Ok my bad he wasn't directly quoted however the quotes below appear to show that he didn't think HSH games meant senior games (when in fact they did)

"He was asked where he played his first senior football and to his mind he didn't think senior football meant a schoolboys game for Hunter Sports High.

"At the time (he was asked to state his allegiance), Greg was playing senior football for Norths Devils, so he put himself down for Queensland.

"He didn't think schoolboy football counted as senior football. Then later on the media (Channel 9) showed a clip of him playing for Hunter Sports."

Yes so that's backing up exactly what I was saying a few posts ago. So if anything you have reinforced my point.

Pac

Juniors
http://www.newcastleknights.com.au/news-display/Sims-Queensland-the-right-path/67203

Newcastle Knights prop Korbin Sims will travel to Queensland’s Academy of Sport on January 17, where he will join 25 up-and-coming Origin stars for the Junior Emerging Maroons Camp.
Sims said he is thrilled with the invitation to attend the three-day camp, which will be run by Knights coach Wayne Bennett and Maroons mentor Mal Meninga.
“I am really happy to be recognised as one of the junior emerging Queenslanders,” he told newcastleknights.com.au.
“Queensland have had a lot of success over the past seven years and I am glad just to be part of it all.
“The camp is a really exciting concept and I am looking forward to getting up there and getting to know all the other players.”
After moving to Brisbane at 16 years of age to play high school football, the Gerringong local pledged his allegiance to QLD.
Sims’ decision to represent the sunshine state may one day see him play representative football against older brother Tariq, who will attend the Emerging Blues Camp later this month.
“I put my hand up to play for Queensland when I first moved to Brisbane and I am really happy with the path I have chosen and the success I have found as a result,” Sims added.
“I have made a couple of junior Origin teams and was picked for the Under 20’s last season but couldn’t play because of injury, which was disappointing.
“Tariq and I have done what is best for our careers and it has worked out well for us.”
Knights second rower Alex McKinnon will attend this month’s Emerging Blues Camp. Click here for more.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Does he even qualify under the new rules?

Technically not, but neither does Tamou and Sims pledged for QLD when he was recruited by Brisbane, and even played junior Origin for QLD. It would be ridiculous for him to swap over to the Blues now based on amended rules.

Would be like James Tamou now playing for the Kiwis.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Technically not, but neither does Tamou and Sims pledged for QLD when he was recruited by Brisbane, and even played junior Origin for QLD. It would be ridiculous for him to swap over to the Blues now based on amended rules.

Would be like James Tamou now playing for the Kiwis.

No it wouldn't because Tamou has played SOO

El Diablo

Post Whore
Why?

Happens before. IIRC NZ players have played in those sides and sometimes even junior kangaroos

El Diablo

Post Whore
It would seem more ridiculous to break the eligibility rules Frank

Not that Queensland ever cared about those

Latest posts