What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Origin Eligibility changes

no name

Referee
Who's trying to be a know it all with the Murri call?
You really think Murri's and Koori's are defined by a line made up 40000+ years later? Plenty of tribes in NSW identify as Murri's.
Back in your box son.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Who's trying to be a know it all with the Murri call?
You really think Murri's and Koori's are defined by a line made up 40000+ years later? Plenty of tribes in NSW identify as Murri's.
Back in your box son.

You do realise you've just added weight to the argument against your own point right?

Well done.

no name

Referee
How has what I have said contradicted my argument?
Do you really think those Aboriginal names are restricted to each state?
The Murri's living in the parts of NSW were Murri's a long time before an imaginary line was put there.
The identification of Murri's and Koori's is a whole different process than that of QLD and NSW.

Son of Minto

Bench
Guys lets just end this petty argument with GI is a passionate Qlder and he (and his sons) will continue to carve up for Qld for years to come. I think we can ALL agree on that.

gyallop

Juniors
well he is now but the point is he isnt a genuine one and but for Ribot's rule rort he would be a passionate blue.....that is way the rules needed fixing

Tone83 please dont be smug when you are posting ignorant comments claiming them as fact, Murris arent indigenous elders but the name for a group of indigenous nations which arent defined by state boundaries. the bundjalong nation for example some say starts on the Clarence river in NSW and that is a murri nation.

Tone83

Juniors
I do know murri drift down over the border but they're predominantly qlders, qld is a murri state, nsw is a murri/koori state but predominantly koori so I could see a murri family feeling an affinity for the maroons and gi's always has. That, along with the fact he played in the qld cup before the nrl, should be enough. Basically people should choose, if they have any semblance of an argument, it's often going to be a complicated and personal issue. I again stress that I don't think either team would want a player who would rather be playing for the other team.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
How has what I have said contradicted my argument?
Do you really think those Aboriginal names are restricted to each state?

Yeah, GI chose QLD because of his passion for the state.
Nothing to do with him actually believing he is a QLDer.

Your point above that Inglis only chose QLD for the payrise, is contradicted by your statement pointing out that there are plenty of aborigines living inside the NSW border who identify themselves as northeners.

I actually agree with your other point though. NSW were too busy blowing their load over Luke Rooney and Matt King to even realise Inglis existed.

no name

Referee
As was cleared up previously, Murri's and Koori's aren't defined by state lines.

And yes, it was dumb for NSW to allow GI to play for QLD without checking, smart but pretty very underhanded that QLD did it.

Canard

Immortal
well he is now but the point is he isnt a genuine one and but for Ribot's rule rort he would be a passionate blue.....that is way the rules needed fixing

Tone83 please dont be smug when you are posting ignorant comments claiming them as fact, Murris arent indigenous elders but the name for a group of indigenous nations which arent defined by state boundaries. the bundjalong nation for example some say starts on the Clarence river in NSW and that is a murri nation.

I know it suits your argument but was Ribot even involved with the Storm on 2005??

Joker's Wild

Coach
Gi has said his family always cheered for qld and also he is a murri which are the indigenous qlders.
Guess all you know it alls really know sweet f all.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

If you believe that, you'll believe anything

Now, if you PM me your bank log in details Ill get the prince of Nigeria to deposit eleventy billion dollars into your account. Promise

First Grade
GI's only connection to Qld was Rorter Ribot using his silky rule bending skills , Storm signed him as a kid from kempsey and as soon as he was old enough flew him up to play a senior game at Norths in Brisbane and magically you have a passionate qlder!!!

Rules seem fine and puts the Origin back into Origin. feel for kids from other states that genuinely relocate from other states after they turn 13 and then cant go all the way with their mates.

Will NSW and Qld put effort in or select non eligible kids in their development programmes? NZ love to bleat about Australia poaching players then do a Qld and pick anyone who has watched Once Were Warriors but will this back fire on them as Australia develops many of their players.

Not Correct Inglis played (by the defefiniton of the rules) his first Senior game for Hunter Sports High School (which is formerly known as Gateshead High School in Gateshead NSW). He was 16 and played in the Arrive alive cup from the second he represented HSH in that competition he was eligible and should only ever of been eligible for NSW I have linked the Youtube Video Of inglis running onto the field for Hunter Sports High, the coach of the team released the video to show the QLDERS claims that he played his first senior game in QLD are totally false.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJjQHdqP-5w

Latest posts