What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Osborne has a cry.. Over nothing.

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
SOURCE: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/eels-dogs-fight-over-keating-20100206-njrf.html
Eels, Dogs fight over Keating

THE RIVALRY ADRIAN PROSZENKO February 7, 2010
EELS chief executive Paul Osborne claims the Bulldogs have ''problems in their recruitment and development'' as a new tug of war emerges over a Parramatta playmaker.
The Sun-Herald can reveal that the Bulldogs have earmarked Kris Keating as a potential long-term replacement for Brett Kimmorley should they miss out on another Eels target, five-eighth Daniel Mortimer.
Mortimer and Keating are off contract at the end of the season and the Eels will struggle to retain them both, particularly given the Bulldogs' interest.
The Mortimer name is synonymous with the Bulldogs following the exploits of Steve, Chris and Peter, who is Daniel's father.
Bulldogs chief Todd Greenberg has made no secret of his desire to poach Daniel from his arch rivals, but the latest development has raised tensions between the camps.
It comes on the back of the Bulldogs' recently expressing interest in Parramatta players Feleti Mateo and Krisnan Inu.
''They clearly have some problems in their recruitment and development that they need to sort out,'' Osborne said.
''I suspected they'd be interested in Kris - I'm not surprised.
''I'm not too worried about the Bulldogs circling. It just reaffirms what a good system we've got here. It fills me with a lot of pride that we're doing such a good job.
''They probably need to spend more money on their junior programs instead of trying to sign our kids.
''I like to help Toddy out as much as I can, but that might be stretching the friendship.''
Mortimer is one of the game's most promising young stars after an outstanding rookie season. The 20-year-old helped to steer Parramatta to an unlikely grand final appearance and will be one of the most sought-after players on the open market.
Local junior Keating, meanwhile, was one of the Eels' best players during a horrible start to 2009. However, the Australian Schoolboys half broke his jaw in round 10 against Manly, which brought his season to a premature end.
''We've got a list of players that are in an interest section of a spreadsheet and [Keating's] name is on it,'' Greenberg confirmed.
''We haven't made any approaches or offers to him, but we've identified him as a player of interest.''
Told of Osborne's comments about the Bulldogs' development policy, Greenberg said: ''We'll let Paul run the Eels and we'll do our best to run the Bulldogs.''
Osborne said he hoped to retain both his home-grown products.
''Obviously the salary cap makes it hard to keep everyone, but we've got a really good group of players here, there's a good buzz around the place,'' he said.
''It would be difficult for anyone who's been here for a long time to pack up and leave.
''Kris Keating is a great kid, he's a Parra junior and he's here. We're hopeful that he'll stay. We've already had some preliminary discussions with his manager.''

I really hate this Osborne bloke. He comes out with some really stupid comments and you can tell, he's scared and jealous of our club. We have done the best job recruiting players out of any team for both the 2009 and 2010 season so of course we are again going to try to strengthen out side once more for 2011 in any areas we feel need strengthening. It's simply smart management by the games best management.

Osbornes comments are well out of line, especially considering we haven't even spoken to any players manager about anything! And what strikes me as odd is that the bloke says "They probably need to spend more money on their junior programs instead of trying to sign our kids."

Yeah, great comment there Ozzy you big goose. We've only got some of the games best young talent. Guys like Martin Tapau, Rhys Jack, Daniel Harrison etc. Oh, not to mention we have DOMINATED the Harold Matthews and SG Ball competitions for a few years now, finishing minor premiers in HM on a couple of occasions as well as winning the competition in 2007 and 2009. And finishing minor premiers twice in SG ball and winning the competition last year.

Wake up Osborne. You could learn a thing or two from our management. EVERY team now days has to buy players and we're lucky enough to have had the likes of Maitua, Mason, Williams, Tonga, Hughes, Sherwin etc depart since 2007 which left a huge gap in our salary cap that Greenberg and co have filled and will continue to fill to the brim with the best signings possible.

Well done Todd and co, easily the games best management.

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
Doesn't every team buy players now a days? You have to. Hell the games best player, Thurston, joined the cowboys after winning a premiership and playing several seasons at a different club. That's footy. It's been happening for years and finally Canterbury have gotten into the habit of strengthening our recruitment and we've become one of the best. Now all of a sudden it's such a bad thing? Ha!

I find it hilarious that we haven't even spoken to Keating, yet he is jumping down our throat. What's wrong Ozzy.. Scared?

I pointed out in the first post how well we've done with our juniors and how strong of a system we have. But just because I'm bored on a Saturday night - Alaalatoa, Barba, Benney, Foster, Hickey, Idris, Morrin, Nanai, Payne, Smith, Harrison, Warburton and Winitana.. All 2010 top squad members who've been through the 'Dogs junior system in some capacity. Not to mention players I've mentioned in my first post such as Daniel Harrison, Martin Tapau and Rhys Jack.

Oh sorry I forgot, we can't develop players. Silly me.

Ridders

Coach
Like I said in another thread. Make it easy on yourselves. Just give us Mateo. You can keep the rest.

El Diablo

Post Whore
you're the best at buying now :lol:

i thought you were supposedly the best at breeding a few years ago

get out those shirts :lol:

El Diablo

Post Whore
will you guys get upset if other clubs fans start rioting and destroying trains?

that's about all you're good at :lol:

you don't wany anyone to steal your thunder

gallagher

Juniors
I like him. He stirs the pot, gets people and the media talking about league. We need more like him.

ByRd

First Grade
haha what a loser, suck it up parra fans, you cant keep them all & before you guys start to whinge and have a sook, im sure you have a bought a fair few players over the years, it happens.

parrachilean31

Juniors
Firstly I say a little about our juniors Harold matts 17 premierships sg ball 11 prmierships not to mention 7 club championships. Enough said went through the bulldogs out of your top 17 13 are not local juniors. At the end of the day bulldogs fans your team can not produce so you have to buy. So ozzy was right bulldogs have seen that we are overloaded with good talented players no one wants to leave our proud club perfect example Kevin Kingston. I guess buying a prmierships is more important to the bulldogs. As for your team your captain is a parra junior so pleases grow your own talent that's right you can't!!!!!!

Angry_eel

First Grade
Love him, best CEO we could have asked for. So far he's done everything that was needed at the club.

Eelementary

Post Whore
B4L - harden up, princess.

Todd Greenberg and Paul Osborne are mates - they've been amicably noshing around with "pot shots" about each other's clubs for ages. There's nothing in it. The only true part about it is we'll want t hold onto Keating and Mortimer, if at all possible.

Bulldogs 4 Life has a cry .... over nothing.

What a hyprocritical whinging wanker is this Bulldogs 4 Life!

You have a little cry over Osbourne's comment, who by the way takes little innocent/joking verbal shots at almost anything, and whinges about Osbourne 'having a cry' (when he is actually doing the complete opposite). HYPOCRITICAL!

As Eelementary writes, harden the f*ck up you little girl!

It is all harmless f*cking fun!

And by other other comments in this thread, it seems there are lot of idiots out there who take Osbourne's comments seriously.

Last edited:

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
:lol::lol::lol: @ B4L. Idiot, over react much?

Iv met Ozzy a few times and he purposely says these things to stir the pot. Gets attendtion to the club and the game He knows exactly what hes doing. I.E the comment he made about the Storm on GF day, the pot shots he makes about AFL and now his little stir at the Bulldogs club.

Mickyd39

Juniors
I really hate this Osborne bloke. He comes out with some really stupid comments and you can tell, he's scared and jealous of our club. We have done the best job recruiting players out of any team for both the 2009 and 2010 season so of course we are again going to try to strengthen out side once more for 2011 in any areas we feel need strengthening. It's simply smart management by the games best management.

Osbornes comments are well out of line, especially considering we haven't even spoken to any players manager about anything! And what strikes me as odd is that the bloke says "They probably need to spend more money on their junior programs instead of trying to sign our kids."

Yeah, great comment there Ozzy you big goose. We've only got some of the games best young talent. Guys like Martin Tapau, Rhys Jack, Daniel Harrison etc. Oh, not to mention we have DOMINATED the Harold Matthews and SG Ball competitions for a few years now, finishing minor premiers in HM on a couple of occasions as well as winning the competition in 2007 and 2009. And finishing minor premiers twice in SG ball and winning the competition last year.

Wake up Osborne. You could learn a thing or two from our management. EVERY team now days has to buy players and we're lucky enough to have had the likes of Maitua, Mason, Williams, Tonga, Hughes, Sherwin etc depart since 2007 which left a huge gap in our salary cap that Greenberg and co have filled and will continue to fill to the brim with the best signings possible.

If the SCUM have so many talented players why aren't they being used instead of trying to sign up players from Parra.

innsaneink

Referee

Wooosshh...straight over the top.

he's scared and jealous of our club

The irony

Latest posts