What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Osborne has a cry.. Over nothing.

typicalfan

Coach
I could be wrong but the Bulldogs to me have been good/middle of the road without being brilliant at supplying talent to the NRL. Teams like the Eels, Panthers (their area gets poached for a reason), Tigers, Dragons etc I have always felt are consistently superior but the Bulldogs are better at it than the Sharks, Roosters, Sea Eagles.

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
Robson started out at Parra after coming from the country. he then wen to Manly and returned to Parra

Ah was gonna look him up on net cause i thought that might have been the case, but got lazy :D

so add another to "the came to club as teenager" brigade!

typicalfan

Coach
Looking at the recent Australia squad for the 4 nations there is not one Bulldogs local junior.

They do have one guy in the team who signed their initial contract with the Bulldogs in Thurston but he isn't a local junior.

The Dragons have 3 (Morris twins and White) Penrith have 3 (Lewis, Waterhouse and Jennings) Eels have 2 one of which is a local junior in Hayne the other is Hindmarsh who signed his initial contract with them but is from the country. Roosters have no local juniors but 2 that signed initial contracts with them in Hannant and Shillington and the Tigers have Farah and Hoffman.

Big Pete

Referee
Let's check the Broncos side...

1. Karmichael Hunt - Local junior.
2. Antonio Winterstein - Easts junior.
3. Israel Folau - Storm junior.
4. Justin Hodges - Brisbane junior. Via Cairns.
5. Jharal Yow Yeh - Storm junior.
6. Tonie Carroll - Local junior
7. Darren Lockyer - Brisbane junior. Via Roma
8. Nick Kenny - Brisbane junior. Via Central Queensland.
9. Andrew McCullough - Brisbane junior. Via Dalby.
10. Dave Taylor - Brisbane junior. Via Central Queensland
11. Ashton Sims - Dragons junior.
12. Sam Thaiday - Brisbane junior. Via Townsville.
13. Corey Parker - Local junior.

14. Lagi Setu - Dragons junior.
15. Alex Glenn - New Zealand/Burleigh junior.
16. Ben Te'o - West Tigers junior
17. Joel Clinton - Parramatta junior.

Brisbane/Local juniors - 10
Imports - 7

I could be wrong on a few as well.

BissyB

Juniors
The best thing is... the dogs are so sh*t that they cant raise a rookie for crap.

Loudstrat

Coach
Regardless, we win premierships. You have not won one since 83. So whether is bred not bought, or bought not bred, either way your sh*t club has got it wrong for the past 24 years.
I'd forget the result in 86 if I was a dogs fan too.

Look, Osbourne has a right to make his plea. A good CEO cares for his players - he doesn't want Mortimer or Keating to wind up at Easts in 2012.

typicalfan

Coach
Yep as dirty as he is happy to gloat about it. I think the game is better for him being CEO tbh. Better than the moron he replaced by a million miles.

jk13

First Grade
how dare osbourne speak out and defend his club, the nrl should dock the eels 37 pts.

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
Time for a SHMOKE.

No, seriously. We can sit here and go back and forth all day. People talk about the current state of the game and how much things have changed. Well we've adapted to the changes and we've adapted to them damn well. Nothing wrong with it.

I still think Osborne is a tool in making the comments he did. You obviously don't. End of story.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Thanks Y2.
It is the end of this Tools story for the day. I have to be up in time to call in sick tomorrow.

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
Thanks for the vote of confidence, Ronnie. I'm going to cry myself to sleep now.

PS- Good luck this year St. Mergawarra hopeful. I wish you luck. You'll need it given I heard Steve Clarke's retiring. Bad news for you.

Last edited: