What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Osborne has a cry.. Over nothing.

grapeape

Juniors
osbourne is a inexperienced tool.

it shows from his comments.

he wants to fight every battle.

he loves the camera/media.

Hanscholo

Bench
I would have thought just on face value that the bulldogs have a wonderful recruitment system, given there consistency at the top level for 30 years or more. The fact that we have no transfer system, no compensation for jnr clubs, no salary cap exemptions for jnr clubs and a totally unfair allocation of jnr clubs to NRL sides is the fault of the games administration, not the bulldogs. Its amazing how quickly people forget, the current era of strength at parra was first built off of the side Brian Smith created out of the super league war, if memory serves me correctly parra absolutley decimated Canterbury back then with raids, they were internationals in their prime too, not half arsed kids.

Tom Ace

Bench
I'd forget the result in 86 if I was a dogs fan too.

Look, Osbourne has a right to make his plea. A good CEO cares for his players - he doesn't want Mortimer or Keating to wind up at Easts in 2012.

Geez, we've got enough playmakers now. You can keep these fellas.

Loudstrat

Coach
You also have Brian Smith. Anasta and Pearce should ask the likes of John Simon, Noel Goldthorpe, Adam Dykes, Andy McFaden, Jarred Mullen, and Jason Smith about Brian.

Besides, all Dogs players eventually request a transfer to Nick's kennell ;-)

parrachilean31

Juniors
It's interesting to hear that we raided your side in the super league war ??? I thought pay smith mccraken dymock . They had all signed with super league the later changed there minds and signed with arl bulldogs didn't want them so they decided to look for a club as they were free agents. The fact you say we raided your side is not correct. The fact they all enjoyed there time at parramatta . Were as your club is chasing our players even they are still under contract that's the difference!!!!

sooperdooper

First Grade
best admin in the game? i beg to differ...
best recruitment? i beg to differ... paying overs for players isnt really 'great recruitment'

PARRA_FAN

Coach
At the end of the day, Ozzie is just stirring the pot, great build up for the start of the season. Love a bit of league talk this part of the season.:D

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
best admin in the game? i beg to differ...
best recruitment? i beg to differ... paying overs for players isnt really 'great recruitment'
Best admin in the game? Yes. Probably tied with Searle but what Greenberg has done to Canterbury I rate harder and better than what Searle's done with the Titans, even though he's done a tremendous job.

Best recruitment? Yes. Name any better? Paying overs for players you say? How would you know how much anyone paid for anyone. When you look at the list of recruited players for season 2009 and 2010 combined it is a damn impressive list, very very impressive list and particularly in 2009 the recruitment was proven to have paid off with every single recruited player improving their games and having fantastic seasons.

Loudstrat

Coach
You have to be decent recruiters if you struggle to develop juniors I guess.

I think our 2010 recruitment has overshadowed yours.

aqua_duck

Coach
Its not hard to have decent recruitment when you tank a season (2008) playiong dramatically under the salary cap so you've got more money thespend in the off season.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Best admin in the game? Yes. Probably tied with Searle but what Greenberg has done to Canterbury I rate harder and better than what Searle's done with the Titans, even though he's done a tremendous job.

Best recruitment? Yes. Name any better? Paying overs for players you say? How would you know how much anyone paid for anyone. When you look at the list of recruited players for season 2009 and 2010 combined it is a damn impressive list, very very impressive list and particularly in 2009 the recruitment was proven to have paid off with every single recruited player improving their games and having fantastic seasons.

Best Admin... Titans ftw and then souths...

Best recruitment Souths.................

Oh it will all mean diddly when you dont make the GF again this season you can reflect on the oh so great past....

aqua_duck

Coach
Turner-solid at best
Halatau-Tigers fans all breathing sigh of relief with him gone
Paea-bench player, journeyman
Blake Green-reserve grader
Corey Payne-see Halatau
JTK-good potential but largely unproven

I'd have rather have 1 Sam Burgess over all those pretenders put together

aqua_duck

Coach
even the tigers with Warren Mac in charge of recruitment, signed better players:
Cayless
Taumata
Tuqiri
Tupou
Flanaghan

Eels Dude

Coach
The Bulldogs had the luxury in by losing Mason, Sherwin, and SBW mid contract after the 2007 season they were 1 million dollars under the cap for 2008 season, allowing them to pay their contracted 2009 players their salaries in 2008, thus enabling them to have a 5 million dollar salary cap in 2009. Great recruitment is easy when you've got an extra million to spend then anyone else.

Quit your whingeing B4L. What Osborne has said is true whether you like it or not, and he always jokes around with the media to stir the pot. Why wouldn't he? Both he and Greenberg have done a terrific job in turning their respective clubs management and cultures around in the past year so why don't you just shut up.

sooperdooper

First Grade

Searle has started a brand new club... who make profits! has todd?
Searle is the brains behind the all star game...
he is also the main brain behind the independant comission...

Greenburg has just done what any normal CEO would do after going into a sinking ship. Made minor adjustments which make a difference...

I am pretty sure it is quoted numerous times that hannant and ennis didnt really want to leave the broncos after having a stellar few seasons with them but the money was to good not to go! which = OVERS

I wouldnt call Tia Kilifi, Turner and Halatau prized signings either

The Colonel

Immortal
I would have thought just on face value that the bulldogs have a wonderful recruitment system, given there consistency at the top level for 30 years or more. The fact that we have no transfer system, no compensation for jnr clubs, no salary cap exemptions for jnr clubs and a totally unfair allocation of jnr clubs to NRL sides is the fault of the games administration, not the bulldogs. Its amazing how quickly people forget, the current era of strength at parra was first built off of the side Brian Smith created out of the super league war, if memory serves me correctly parra absolutley decimated Canterbury back then with raids, they were internationals in their prime too, not half arsed kids.

Your memory is far from correct.

Parramatta didn't raid the Bulldogs. The ARL gave Dymock, Pay, Smith and McCracken a better deal than their Super League contracts and they switched back to the ARL. Parramatta took up the deals and the players. Smith had nothing to do with it. Ron Hilditch was coach in 1996 when the players defected.

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
You can have your opinions, as stupid as they may be. It's pointless sitting here and arguing. The Bulldogs have proven to have arguably the games best management, probably just ahead of Searle but you could argue either way (Also did I read correctly? SOUTHS have the best management over the Bulldogs? bahahahahahahahahahaha). Our recruitment has paid off. It was a very smart thing for the club to do in freeing so much salary cap space for the 09 and 10 seasons and you're jealous. Nothing more for me to say in this thread. Take care ;)

sooperdooper

First Grade
You can have your opinions, as stupid as they may be. It's pointless sitting here and arguing. The Bulldogs have proven to have arguably the games best management, probably just ahead of Searle but you could argue either way (Also did I read correctly? SOUTHS have the best management over the Bulldogs? bahahahahahahahahahaha). Our recruitment has paid off. It was a very smart thing for the club to do in freeing so much salary cap space for the 09 and 10 seasons and you're jealous. Nothing more for me to say in this thread. Take care ;)

I am still yet to hear why you have the best management?

Latest posts