What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: American footy thread

Eelementary

Post Whore
You guys have been quiet. Particularly after the Las Vegas Raiders started with a win @Eelementary

I wasn't too impressed, tbh.

We got home on the back of Josh Jacobs - the kid is a workhorse.

A win is always good, but I remain sceptical about our chances - Derek Carr is a bum, Gruden is stuck in the '90s, and our defence is inexperienced.

Let's see what happens moving forward - I hope, for our sake, that Derek Carr proves me wrong.

I wasn't too impressed, tbh.

We got home on the back of Josh Jacobs - the kid is a workhorse.

A win is always good, but I remain sceptical about our chances - Derek Carr is a bum, Gruden is stuck in the '90s, and our defence is inexperienced.

Let's see what happens moving forward - I hope, for our sake, that Derek Carr proves me wrong.

Oh, they're not going to win the division. But it's a better start than getting caned. Carr is pretty ordinary. I reckon Gruden is a bit more switched-on than most give him credit for, but a lot of his decisions will require some time to evaluate.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Oh, they're not going to win the division. But it's a better start than getting caned. Carr is pretty ordinary. I reckon Gruden is a bit more switched-on than most give him credit for, but a lot of his decisions will require some time to evaluate.

I just think that Jon Gruden values old school toughness, over skill; he sings Carr's praises, because he plays injured, despite his inefficacy.

Our defence has a lot of promise, Ruggs is an exciting prospect, and Jacobs is a talent - but he has not improved the Raiders, imo.

hindy111

Post Whore
Kansas city have gotten better if ask me. Bally look got also. Of course it is early.

I wonder if Brady will be a bust. I am tipping 49RS TO NOT MAKE FINALS.
I hope Newtown doesn't turn NE as a force or should I say keep them as one.

Very early but I already think Bally and Kansas will be teams to beat.
Settle on the other side

I just think that Jon Gruden values old school toughness, over skill; he sings Carr's praises, because he plays injured, despite his inefficacy.

Oh that's largely true. Though if he had a different QB in place when he arrived at the Raiders his public statements might be a little different. They gave Carr a five year extension at $20m + per season not long before Gruden joined didn't they? Or was Gruden there when they extended Carr?

hindy111

Post Whore
Oh that's largely true. Though if he had a different QB in place when he arrived at the Raiders his public statements might be a little different. They gave Carr a five year extension at $20m + per season not long before Gruden joined didn't they? Or was Gruden there when they extended Carr?

I doubt he signed Mariota if he rated Carr. I reckon if Carr does not perform Mariota will be straight in. Just like Bears signing Nick Foles.
Oakland had a great win and can build on that.

Eelementary

Post Whore

I believe the Raiders extended Carr before Gruden signed on as head coach, so Gruden probably feels he needs to be very positive about Carr in public.

But aside from one season (his 2016 season, which was the only winning season he provided us with since he started), he has shown nothing to suggest he is even an adequate quarterback.

Carr has this asinine philosophy of short gains - we could be down by 6, with 2 minutes left, on the 50 yard line...and Carr will throw a curl pass, or a short 3 yard slant.

Carr has no instincts for the game, and his ability to make decisions is below NFL standard.

Gruden joined the Raiders, and beat his chest, saying he would fill the team with winners - I strongly suggest that Derek Carr does not fit that bill.

Last edited:

T.S Quint

Coach
My thoughts on the Niners first game:

First half = Yay.
Second half = boo.

As usual our defence has problems against mobile QBs who love to run.

hindy111

Post Whore
My thoughts on the Niners first game:

First half = Yay.
Second half = boo.

As usual our defence has problems against mobile QBs who love to run.

I don't see them winning division. If they finished last wouldnt surprise. Settle are tough. Arizona are far stronger and Rams can bounce back. Its a very hard and exciting group tbh..
Problem is teams will start to work Jimy out now

T.S Quint

Coach
I don't see them winning division. If they finished last wouldnt surprise. Settle are tough. Arizona are far stronger and Rams can bounce back. Its a very hard and exciting group tbh..
Problem is teams will start to work Jimy out now

Probably the hardest division in the NFL. We may not win the division but I don’t see us coming last. I’d like to think we are better than the Rams.

Then again it’s only been one game so far without any preseason games. It’s going to take a while to really see where each team is at. I’m hoping we were just a bit rusty out there week one and will get back to our best in the coming games. We have a decent injury toll already which isn’t helping.

hindy111

Post Whore
Probably the hardest division in the NFL. We may not win the division but I don’t see us coming last. I’d like to think we are better than the Rams.

Then again it’s only been one game so far without any preseason games. It’s going to take a while to really see where each team is at. I’m hoping we were just a bit rusty out there week one and will get back to our best in the coming games. We have a decent injury toll already which isn’t helping.

I think it is.
Bally,Pitty,Bengals and Browns also tough.
Most others are far easier

Latest posts