What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: American footy thread

84 Baby

Referee
f**k this is awful.
Why do you support them so closely? Like is there any particular reason? I can understand following an Australian sports team that closely but I’ve never quite gotten following US, EPL or etc teams with such passion

T.S Quint

Coach
Why do you support them so closely? Like is there any particular reason? I can understand following an Australian sports team that closely but I’ve never quite gotten following US, EPL or etc teams with such passion

I really enjoy the sport and have been a fan of the team since the mid 90s, back when it was almost impossible to watch any of the games.
Now I can watch every game and have developed an even bigger love for them, plus a massive hatred of other teams which helps.
My brother lives in Northern California as well which gives me a personal connection too.

hindy111

Post Whore
I might have some more thoughts on the game later on.
Right now I’m just too drunk and sad to comment further.

Goropollo will not win a Superbowl. That was his chance. Teams will work out the 49rs run game. His passing isn't good enough.
Swap for Cam Newton would be a good option.

T.S Quint

Coach
Goropollo will not win a Superbowl. That was his chance. Teams will work out the 49rs run game. His passing isn't good enough.
Swap for Cam Newton would be a good option.

Lol, no thanks.
Cam had his chance as well and he shriveled up like a f**ken prune under the pressure.
Jimmy G is better than a lot of people give him credit for, even though he still has a lot to learn. I’m not putting this one on him though. This was on the coaching staff and the secondary, no one else.

hindy111

Post Whore
Chin up, mate - they went further than 30 other losers.

And your squad is unbelievable, if a little light on Play Offs experience (which they will now have in spades).

I am sure the Niners will bounce back.

No...
With Seatle and Rams in the group along with Arizona building nicely the group is tough.
Had Seatle not had all those injuries they certainly win the last game of season and 49rs do not get no 1 seed.

I reckon it be a higher chance 49rs will not make play offs next season they they will. Those running sweeps will be worked out and stopped.

hindy111

Post Whore
Lol, no thanks.
Cam had his chance as well and he shriveled up like a f**ken prune under the pressure.
Jimmy G is better than a lot of people give him credit for, even though he still has a lot to learn. I’m not putting this one on him though. This was on the coaching staff and the secondary, no one else.

Imagine Kansas could of called a time out and had 1.40 left in first half for Mahomes. Poor option by niners.
Jimmy G is good. But isn't explosive or that special. Doesnt cut the top 10 QBs.
I'd rather Cam Newtown.

T.S Quint

Coach
Imagine Kansas could of called a time out and had 1.40 left in first half for Mahomes. Poor option by niners.
Jimmy G is good. But isn't explosive or that special. Doesnt cut the top 10 QBs.
I'd rather Cam Newtown.

Tom Brady isn’t explosive either and he has 6 rings.
As long as he has the right team around him Jimmy will do fine. The problem was Shanahan decided to stop running the ball which has worked so well for them all year long.

hindy111

Post Whore
Tom Brady isn’t explosive either and he has 6 rings.
As long as he has the right team around him Jimmy will do fine. The problem was Shanahan decided to stop running the ball which has worked so well for them all year long.

Tom Brady is Tom Brady.
But hey if you had the 1st or 2nd seed basicaly every season cause your group stunk you will win superbowls. Like Nick Foles did at Philadelphia. Bill's,Jets,Miami have been 3 of the worse teams in Nfl for last 15yrs. Usually with losing records.

Seatle, Rams are both legit superbowl teams.Arizona will be building towards a 8 + win plus season with Kyle Murray and a top 10 draft pick.
Maybe the toughest group in NFL

Eelementary

Post Whore
No...
With Seatle and Rams in the group along with Arizona building nicely the group is tough.
Had Seatle not had all those injuries they certainly win the last game of season and 49rs do not get no 1 seed.

I reckon it be a higher chance 49rs will not make play offs next season they they will. Those running sweeps will be worked out and stopped.

Yes, they will bounce back.

T.S Quint

Coach
Even worse is that Mahomes had one of his worst games and they were there for the taking. Drink the pain away!!

Ive drunk my fair share today, thanks.
Have to work tomorrow so I’m done now.

They definitely were there for the taking, but we just collapsed. Went away from what had been working for us this whole season and could close it out when we needed to. That 3rd and 15 where Mahomes connected with Hill on a 44 yard pass was unforgivable. That broke us and we were done after that.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Who do they bring in for QB? Teddy?

Keep Carr (yuck).

Or, Gruden is a big fan of DeShone Kizer (yuckier).

I say they should draft a QB, give Carr 4 weeks to provehe is our man, and cut him if he doesn't prove he belongs (which he won't...because he is awful).

Kornstar

Coach
Ive drunk my fair share today, thanks.
Have to work tomorrow so I’m done now.

They definitely were there for the taking, but we just collapsed. Went away from what had been working for us this whole season and could close it out when we needed to. That 3rd and 15 where Mahomes connected with Hill on a 44 yard pass was unforgivable. That broke us and we were done after that.

Agreed, it was huge and that was the momentum that the Chiefs needed. Very disappointing!