What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: American footy thread

T.S Quint

Coach
I don't see them winning division. If they finished last wouldnt surprise. Settle are tough. Arizona are far stronger and Rams can bounce back. Its a very hard and exciting group tbh..
Problem is teams will start to work Jimy out now

Well it’s looking like you might end up being right now.
Season-ending injuries to Bosa and Thomas, both incredibly important members of our defensive front, Jimmy G probably out for an extended time with and ankle injury. More injuries to Mostert, Deebo, Sherman.
I think Kittle is back next week maybe.

We are f**ked.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Well it’s looking like you might end up being right now.
Season-ending injuries to Bosa and Thomas, both incredibly important members of our defensive front, Jimmy G probably out for an extended time with and ankle injury. More injuries to Mostert, Deebo, Sherman.
I think Kittle is back next week maybe.

We are f**ked.

That sucks!

hindy111

Post Whore
Phili stink.
I question Wentz ability. He doesn't lead the team to any game winning drives.
I reckon the coach bought this Jaelon Hurts in with the same questions in his head.....

hindy111

Post Whore
I can't recall a time where the Raiders were 2-and-0, and looked less impressive in doing so.

I'd take it. Beating the Saints after being down 17-7 is a great achievment.
A win away at Carolina also a good win.
I like the Raiders. I think they can win the division or atleast a wild card consdering have Kansas to deal with

Eelementary

Post Whore
I'd take it. Beating the Saints after being down 17-7 is a great achievment.
A win away at Carolina also a good win.
I like the Raiders. I think they can win the division or atleast a wild card consdering have Kansas to deal with

It's a good start - but our defence is still paper-thin in the secondary.

Our d-line is pretty good, but our defensive backs are horrible - time, and time again, Alvin Kamara found space upfield, because our backs were unable to tackle him.

We can work from here, but I'm not impressed.

Also, the Saints were pretty average today.

hybrideel

Bench
It's a good start - but our defence is still paper-thin in the secondary.

Our d-line is pretty good, but our defensive backs are horrible - time, and time again, Alvin Kamara found space upfield, because our backs were unable to tackle him.

We can work from here, but I'm not impressed.

Also, the Saints were pretty average today.

The Saints were pretty ordinary, in particular Brees, he missed Michael Thomas big time.
What i noticed today was that Carr, although he has a strong arm, anything over 20 yards seems to be very hit and miss. Ruggs is going to struggle if the ball keeps sailing over his head on those deep throws.
It probably why Gruden is playing more of a short passing game to keep to Carrs strengths of getting the ball out quick and rely on the receiver making yards after the catch
I am starting to come around to your way of thinking regarding him as QB. He had me fooled after the 2016 season where he was almost at MVP level but i've gone off him now.

Eelementary

Post Whore
The Saints were pretty ordinary, in particular Brees, he missed Michael Thomas big time.
What i noticed today was that Carr, although he has a strong arm, anything over 20 yards seems to be very hit and miss. Ruggs is going to struggle if the ball keeps sailing over his head on those deep throws.
It probably why Gruden is playing more of a short passing game to keep to Carrs strengths of getting the ball out quick and rely on the receiver making yards after the catch
I am starting to come around to your way of thinking regarding him as QB. He had me fooled after the 2016 season where he was almost at MVP level but i've gone off him now.

Yeah, I've never rated him.

I wanted him to succeed - if he succeeds, our beloved Raiders succeed with him.

But I've always felt that his instincts are very poor - we had a game last year where we were down by 6, with two minutes to go, our ball on the 50 yard line...and he kept throwing 5 yard curls...

Like you said, he has a cannon for an arm, but his deep accuracy is woeful.

In my opinion, he also tends to panic when a blitzing linesman, or linebacker, gets in his face - obviously, no quarterback likes to be sacked, but elite quarterbacks will generally take the sack, to avoid throwing a pick, or getting a horrid pass away.

Ruggs, Waller, Jacobs, and to a lesser extent Agholor are good enough to pile on points; our defensive line is pretty good, but our secondary needs work.

But our biggest, most glaring issue is that the man in the number 4 jersey makes poor reads, and doesn't seem to feel the flow of the game as well as elite quarterbacks do.

Hell, despite the Saints being down by 10 with 3 minutes to go, and despite how averagely the played, Brees still threatened to score another touchdown, late in the game.

Brees was able to move the chains almost at will; eventually, time ran out, and we claimed the win, but it puts things into perspective for me.

I think Gruden needs to give Carr some game time this season - maybe 6, or 7 games -, but if he doesn't perform, then Mariota should start.

Eelementary

Post Whore
You're a hard taskmaster. They've got plenty to improve on but I reckon they'll win more than they lose this season. Perhaps not that much over 50%. Half of the other teams have done their ACLs.

I am quite tough, it's true.

I'm unimpressed with the way we drafted, and I'm less than sold on the style of football Gruden has us playing.

I'm open to being proven wrong, but I woyld be very, very surprised if we jagged 8 wins this season, tbh.

We've already gotten 2, though...

hindy111

Post Whore
I am quite tough, it's true.

I'm unimpressed with the way we drafted, and I'm less than sold on the style of football Gruden has us playing.

I'm open to being proven wrong, but I woyld be very, very surprised if we jagged 8 wins this season, tbh.

We've already gotten 2, though...

9-7 I reckon.
Raiders will be strong next season.

Latest posts