What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: American footy thread

84 Baby

Referee
In the NFL it’s too easy to starve another team of the ball and give them no chance. Not as easy to do that in the NRL, even if it does occasionally happen.

In saying that I’ve never been a fan of Golden Point in the NRL either.
Golden point works in soccer because generally there’s less genuine scoring opportunities, possession isn’t linear and penalty shootouts can be “ultimate” decider. And yet soccer have got rid of golden goal mostly.
Golden point in a game where other than kickoff, the game can be decided in just one team having possession is plain stupid.
NFL should just use current OT rules for regular season (if any OT at all) and full OT for playoffs. I’d be interested to see how many “never ending” games there have been.
NRL should just drop golden point altogether and only have extra time for finals.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Would a goal kicking shoot out be the answer, give both sides 1 possesion each, if you end level go goal kicking shootouts. Would definately emphasise the goal kickers more and make them more valuable

hindy111

Post Whore
I think Phili done amazing this year, this shouldve been a complete write off year, i had them winning about 4-5 games and the Giants improving. Thats a good thing. I think getting Hurts weapons has to be totally emphasised. I would even send high draft pics to snag the weapons for hurts

Philli has 3 x first round picks. No 15,16 and 19. I

They had one stud Wide receiver and 1 x decent tight end but that's about all. Their RBs are OK without being special.
They need another receiver for sure. The question is do they go for Russel Wilson of available and give up on Hurts?

hindy111

Post Whore
Golden point works in soccer because generally there’s less genuine scoring opportunities, possession isn’t linear and penalty shootouts can be “ultimate” decider. And yet soccer have got rid of golden goal mostly.
Golden point in a game where other than kickoff, the game can be decided in just one team having possession is plain stupid.
NFL should just use current OT rules for regular season (if any OT at all) and full OT for playoffs. I’d be interested to see how many “never ending” games there have been.
NRL should just drop golden point altogether and only have extra time for finals.

Agree. Golden Point is just a field goal shoot out. It isn't needed in a regular season.

Parra

Referee
In the NFL it’s too easy to starve another team of the ball and give them no chance. Not as easy to do that in the NRL, even if it does occasionally happen.

In saying that I’ve never been a fan of Golden Point in the NRL either.

Golden point is worse. Full OT is better, but it burns out both teams. Big winner is their next opponent.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Philli has 3 x first round picks. No 15,16 and 19. I

They had one stud Wide receiver and 1 x decent tight end but that's about all. Their RBs are OK without being special.
They need another receiver for sure. The question is do they go for Russel Wilson of available and give up on Hurts?
I would chase Wilson. He instantly makes them a contender and allows hurts to learn from a veteran. I think it would be an awesome move.

T.S Quint

Coach
Golden point is worse. Full OT is better, but it burns out both teams. Big winner is their next opponent.

That’s pretty much the reason the NFL players association and owners won’t go to full extra time. More game time means more opportunity for injuries and worn out players for the next week (although if these athletes can’t get over an extra 5 minutes of game time, most of it standing around during stoppages, in a week they shouldn’t be playing professional sports).

Tampa: Tom Brady is retiring from the NFL after an unprecedented career in which he won seven Super Bowls and set numerous passing records, his company’s Twitter account said Saturday.

The 44-year-old Brady goes out after leading the Tampa Bay Buccaneers to a Super Bowl title last season and NFC South championship this season.

Brady’s TB12sports Twitter account wrote: “7 Super Bowl Rings. 5 Super Bowl MVPs. 3 League MVP Awards. 22 Incredible Seasons. Thank you for it all, @TomBrady”
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/tom-br...seven-super-bowls-report-20220130-p59s9x.html

hindy111

Post Whore
So happy for the bengals. What a future

Burrows as I said earlier is special. He may not look as dynamic as Allen or Mahome but he has better composure then both. Just looks a little more in control for me.

If 49rs did win the bowl it would be quite amazing to think what they did just to get to the finals. And with a bog average QB

jk13

First Grade
Ah well it was a good ride. C ya jimmy, at least teams r thirsty for a qb. Hopefully get a second

hindy111

Post Whore
Ah well it was a good ride. C ya jimmy, at least teams r thirsty for a qb. Hopefully get a second

There was a snap after the timer went off. It was let go for Rams. Bad call.
But the dropped intercept was the ball game imo. That was an easy pick.

jk13

First Grade
Rams oline won it and the dl thrusted the final nail. I’d like to see Stafford win it but leaning towards bengals. They deserve it after us ending them in the earlier sb

jk13

First Grade
Haven’t watched the pro bowl for years. What a joke it has become. Might as well put oz tag handkerchiefs on them. What it does show though is how pathetic qbs in the nfc are compared to afc

T.S Quint

Coach
I’ve never watched a Pro Bowl.
Haven’t had much interest in it considering how much is gets slagged for being shithouse.

At least when we have “All Star” games in the NRL they play to win.

Haven’t watched the pro bowl for years. What a joke it has become. Might as well put oz tag handkerchiefs on them. What it does show though is how pathetic qbs in the nfc are compared to afc

Yep, I watched 5 minutes (probably) less, and when the safeties started playing touch football I canned it. What a f**king joke.

Thanfully I've got about a dozen college games stored up from the last 4 years to give me something to watch.

Latest posts