What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: American footy thread

hindy111

Post Whore
gotta give philly credit, they stick around like a bad smell

Big game next week. Philli haven't been good. They seem to find ways to win. I cam see them having a stinker soon and getting blown out or clicking and destroying someone good.
The run of (excluding Washington)
Dallas,Miami,Bill's, Kansas worried me. With San Fran, Dallas and Seahawkes it is a tough run.
Next weeks game I think determines top seed. I don't see 49rs dropping another game bar next week maybe. While Phili still need to go to Dallas which is tough.
Biggest game of the season for both sides.

T.S Quint

Coach
Big game next week. Philli haven't been good. They seem to find ways to win. I cam see them having a stinker soon and getting blown out or clicking and destroying someone good.
The run of (excluding Washington)
Dallas,Miami,Bill's, Kansas worried me. With San Fran, Dallas and Seahawkes it is a tough run.
Next weeks game I think determines top seed. I don't see 49rs dropping another game bar next week maybe. While Phili still need to go to Dallas which is tough.
Biggest game of the season for both sides.

Eagles will be very hard to beat next week, Niners will have to up their level to win I reckon. Hurts has been shown to struggle early in games lately, so our defence has to go all out to shut him down. Our secondary has been weak at times, and now with Hufunga out we have a bit of a hole there at safety. Hurts can exploit that, as well as Lenoir and Ward on the edges as they are prone to giving away PI penalties.

Niners' o-line worries me against the Eagles defence. Our pass blocking is in the bottom half of the NFL, so Purdy will have hir work cut out for him.

Philly have played pretty average in so many games this season, yet still find ways to win. Like the Melbourne Storm of the NFL. They will find a way to win this one.

jk13

First Grade
hope its reasonable weather, should be game of the year. It’s just hard to watch sirianni. The guys a clown

T-Boon

Coach
Stop me if Ive asked this question before but rugby league would be better played with an american football am I right?

T.S Quint

Coach
hope its reasonable weather, should be game of the year. It’s just hard to watch sirianni. The guys a clown

I’ve heard they are expecting rain on game day.
Hopefully they are wrong. We didn’t go to well last time we played in the rain (Cleveland game).

jk13

First Grade
niners 3 pt favourites, not in bad weather.....
hope this game lives up to it. some real hate floating around this field

T.S Quint

Coach

Yeah there has been plenty of talk from both sides since the NFCCG last season.

Philly feels disrespected by not being favourites at home. Niners with something to prove. Sparks may fly in this one.

hindy111

Post Whore

Big game for Phili. If lost they then go to Dallas. Most likely will drop that. That would make both sides 10-3 and Phili could be looking at a wild card.
This games probably guarantees them no 1 seed or worse case no 2. A loss and its wild card.

hindy111

Post Whore
Dallas do however have Bill's and Miami away. Two games Phili have won so perhaps they'd get the tiebreaker if Dallas dropped one and they had the same record??

King-Gutho94

Coach
Dallas do however have Bill's and Miami away. Two games Phili have won so perhaps they'd get the tiebreaker if Dallas dropped one and they had the same record??
Dallas have to travel to Miami

Which Philly didn't.

Fins are still flat track bullies but our home record is insane since McDaniel took over something like 16-2 in past 18 games.

It's become a fortress.

jk13

First Grade
niners still got ravens as well. It’ll make it more interesting for the end of season if we win. Dallas v eagles , I’m watchin that

T.S Quint

Coach
I don't see the Eagles not finishing in the number 1 spot in the NFC, even if they lose this week.
I'm hoping to win to keep us ahead of the likes of Dallas and Detroit.

84 Baby

Referee
Love some championship and bowl season. Huskies v Ducks was a great game. I don’t think Alabama have much chance here but

Chipmunk

Coach
Love some championship and bowl season. Huskies v Ducks was a great game. I don’t think Alabama have much chance here but
College Football Bowl Season is awesome. I remember I was first introduced to it when I did a snow season in the USA back in 2006-07. Quality matched-up games on every day and night for virtually two weeks.

84 Baby

Referee
College Football Bowl Season is awesome. I remember I was first introduced to it when I did a snow season in the USA back in 2006-07. Quality matched-up games on every day and night for virtually two weeks.
It and March Madness. Great games, they get massive really vocal crowds so there’s great atmosphere. Hard not to get caught up in excitement.
Also college teams have great jerseys and helmets

Chipmunk

Coach
It and March Madness. Great games, they get massive really vocal crowds so there’s great atmosphere. Hard not to get caught up in excitement.
Also college teams have great jerseys and helmets
I went to a Bowl game, in 2012 I think it was, in Tempe in Arizona at Arizona State University. Great little College town, realistically it was actually just a suburb of Phoenix, but didn't feel like it. Oklahoma played Iowa...great atmosphere.

Latest posts