What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: American footy thread

King-Gutho94

Coach
How are you feeling about your defence at the moment?
Been a while since I’ve watched a Dolphins game, so have only seen highlights. They’ve struggled against the better teams, but are demolishing everyone else. Tyreek in the MVP conversation (not likely to get it though, we all know it’s a QB award).
If you take out the Buffalo game back in week 4 where they just destroyed us its actually going quite well in the past 5/6 weeks.

8 TDs conceded in past 5 games from defensive side.

Despite losing we kept the chiefs to zero on D for the last 2 and half quarters and there only touchdown in that period was a fumble recovery from Tyreek which was difference.

We lost Jaelan Phillips for the season he is a massive out but generally speaking i think our D has lifted while the Offence stagnated for a little bit. Tua has been too sloppy at times as well. Got rolling again on the weekend though.

Being a Miami fan i am in uncharted territory here after putting up with Middle of the road mediocrity for so long.

Haven't felt this close to potentially being a contender in my 15 years of supporting them like we are now.

Destiny is on our own hands if we play our cards right we might only leave Miami once more this season.

4 out of last 5 games are at home.

T.S Quint

Coach
Jets signing a QB off the Seahawks practice squad now. Zach Wilson does t want to play anymore.

What an absolute shitshow. It’s amazing they have been able to win as many games as they have.

hindy111

Post Whore
Oh I just read Rams signed him recently as a back up for about 1 mill a season. I would of thought he is better then say Mac Jones.

T.S Quint

Coach
Wilkes has come good. Looks like the secondary has worked out its issues.

Yeah true. Was looking a bit shaky for a couple a games. That game where Kirk Cousins torched us was hard to watch. Having said that they seem to have found their groove.

Hopefully they keep it up for the rest of the season. I want that damn Super Bowl!

King-Gutho94

Coach
Some massive games tomorrow should be a great morning.

Massive implications for playoffs and seedings

Chiefs v Bills
Browns v Jaguars
Eagles v Cowboys.

It's really heating up with 5 games to go. And the comp is pretty open no dominant team is standing out.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Chiefs DB’s are better at catching the ball than their WR’s

Real weekend of upsets so far.
From the AFC & Miami perspective

Ravens just squeaking home in OT was frustating. The Rams were too sloppy in that last minute of regular time and 1st drive in OT. I didn't realise they have a brutal run home though the Ravens so another loss there would have been nice.

But the Jags are tailing off.

Chiefs are under the pump here.

Bengals have found some form with Burrow gone and making a late run i thought they were gone once Burrow was done. But they have made up some ground and in the final seed atm. Depending on Buffalo's game.

Just gotta take care of the next 2 weeks from a Miami perspective. Which should wrap the division and leave us with a 3 week final push for the 1st seed.

Eelectrica

Referee
From the AFC & Miami perspective

Ravens just squeaking home in OT was frustating. The Rams were too sloppy in that last minute of regular time and 1st drive in OT. I didn't realise they have a brutal run home though the Ravens so another loss there would have been nice.

But the Jags are tailing off.

Chiefs are under the pump here.

Bengals have found some form with Burrow gone and making a late run i thought they were gone once Burrow was done. But they have made up some ground and in the final seed atm. Depending on Buffalo's game.

Just gotta take care of the next 2 weeks from a Miami perspective. Which should wrap the division and leave us with a 3 week final push for the 1st seed.
Yeah I caught the second half of the Rams Ravens game. Very frustrating to watch the Rams almost make themselves useful.

But yeah, Miami can't afford an upset these next two weeks. I feel like the AFC top seed is going to come down to the Baltimore Miami game. Just once I'd like to see Miami win one of these games. Although Chiefs coming back against the Bills.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I want the Vikings Raiders game to end in a safety. Don't even care which team gets it. Just want a 2-0 final score.
Campbell Graham & the NRL promoters are at this game watching it.

Imagine going all the way to Vegas to watch this match.

Lucky there is a million other things to do in Vegas.

Latest posts