What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: American footy thread

T.S Quint

Coach
Come on 30 years is nothing.

Miami is currently at 50 years they haven't won a super bowl since 1973. And last made one in 1984 when the 49ers beat them.

Even though i have only been a fan for 15 years.

Miami have more mediocre then Parramatta during my lifetime.

How would you feel if 49ers did win it though.

Would it give you as much satisfaction as Parramatta winning a comp.

Nothing would give me more satisfaction than Parramatta winning a comp, but if the Niners win it would come close.

For me the Eels mean just a bit more, simply because I have been following them a bit longer and I am able to go to the games. Actually being there, surrounded by the people who support the same team just makes it different. Having said that, I will be a pretty emotional mess if the Niners win as well.

I follow three sporting teams very closely. Parramatta Eels, San Francisco 49ers and Milwaukee Bucks. I was only 6 when Parra last won. I didn't really follow NFL last time Niners did. The Bucks (surprisingly) are the only recent winners from those three. I watched them win sitting on my couch, by myself, on a delayed telecast, on a Tuesday night (I think it was). It was a great feeling, but just no euphoria to be swept up in. Just turn the TV off and head to bed. Being in lockdown at the time didn't help. I might have gone out for a celebratory beer, but it would have been by myself as I don't know anyone else who follows the Bucks.

If the Niners win, I'll be watching it with my brother who is also a huge fan. We will go somewhere there is a crowd of people, hopefully with a bunch more Niners fans. It will have some feeling to it. The last two SBs we were in I was devastated when we lost, so I am assuming it will be the complete opposite if we do eventually win.

T.S Quint

Coach

As mentioned above, I follow the Bucks so I know exactly what that's like. They were mediocre for the entire time I supported them (from about 1993), up until about 6 years ago.

The niners were great when I was young, but I wasn't a huge fan back then. For some reason I decided to really follow them when they were awful. And they stayed awful up until 2011 when they decided to finally be good again. Then they were shit again just 3 years later. Luckily we've been good again the last few seasons, but even then there was still the 2020 season which went off the rails.

The Eels, as we all know, have been moving between decent and awful for decades now.

jk13

First Grade
Come on 30 years is nothing.

Miami is currently at 50 years they haven't won a super bowl since 1973. And last made one in 1984 when the 49ers beat them.

Even though i have only been a fan for 15 years.

How would you feel if 49ers did win it though.

Would it give you as much satisfaction as Parramatta winning a comp.
Mate I still have that Johnny walker blue unopened when we fizzled against Penrith. If we win I'll be goosebumping just as much as an eels win and maybe the odd tear. Definitely want to experience someone winning before I head to the super bowl in the sky

Eelectrica

Referee
Tyreek Hill for MVP.
Miami’s offence has been in derp mode since Hill went off.

Hill comes back and they’re functional again.

Still no offensive TD though

Eelectrica

Referee
Wow. From 27-13 with 3 to go to lose 28-27. Typicall Miami end of season meltdown.

Baltimore Vs 49ers, Eagles or Cowboys SB

King-Gutho94

Coach
Wow. From 27-13 with 3 to go to lose 28-27. Typicall Miami end of season meltdown.

Baltimore Vs 49ers, Eagles or Cowboys SB
That's the Miami we know and love.

Taken to mid December we finally got there.

Every team loses 1 game every year you go back and think gee we tossed that away.

They lost it with the 1st Titans drive in that last 5 mins they were too laid back happy to just let them roll down the field. Gave them a sniff and they took it.

Eelectrica

Referee
That's the Miami we know and love.

Taken to mid December we finally got there.

Every team loses 1 game every year you go back and think gee we tossed that away.

They lost it with the 1st Titans drive in that last 5 mins they were too laid back happy to just let them roll down the field. Gave them a sniff and they took it.
The maddening thing is I thought this Miami team was different, but the offense was barely functional without Tyreek on the field. They handed us the game and we just let the stroll down field and take it back.

I'd love to know how many more years that deal with the devil for the unbeaten season still has to run. It's clearly got some more time left.

King-Gutho94

Coach
The maddening thing is I thought this Miami team was different, but the offense was barely functional without Tyreek on the field. They handed us the game and we just let the stroll down field and take it back.

I'd love to know how many more years that deal with the devil for the unbeaten season still has to run. It's clearly got some more time left.
Yeah I would love to know Tua's strike rate in final 2 minutes when behind to win the game it's underwhelming.

It was poor play calling all game tbh. Even the end of 1st half how the hell they got the ball back within the last 2 minutes after they gave it back to us originally and then waltz it down the field for a FG.

Twice we kicked a FG when they should had 1st and goal 5 yards out and decided to pass and play action there way for a TD.

Just run it in ffs. They would have cracked them.

But that D drive at 27-13 was the worst I have seen. It was like we were up by 30 thinking we just let them run down the clock.

When they basically just strolled down in 30 seconds. It's like they thought the game was done.

hindy111

Post Whore
So many upsets this weekend. I have the Bill's topping group and coming home hard for a superbowl charge

King-Gutho94

Coach
Miami have left the door open for Buffalo now.

I reckon night games in Miami actually takes away there advantage of having the opposition stand in the south florida sun on the other side during the day. As they redeveloped the stadium to put the Miami side in the shade.

Barely lost a game at home in 2 years and first night game this year its a disaster.

T.S Quint

Coach
So many upsets this weekend. I have the Bill's topping group and coming home hard for a superbowl charge

Bills still have a couple of hard games left against Dallas and Miami.
They also play the Chargers, who may not be playing well at the moment, but can play very well at times.

Dolphins road to the end isn't exactly easy, but Buffalo have to make up a 2 game deficit to get ahead. Might come down to the last game where they play each other.

Even if Miami don't win their division they should still get a wildcard spot in the playoffs.

King-Gutho94

Coach
So, does Brandon Staley even make it to the end of the season? The Chargers have talent but seem to be terribly coached.

Smashed by the f**ken Raiders.
@Eelementary, how's your day going?
My brothers a Chargers fan reckons he should have been gone after the playoff meltdown last year.

He is basically deathriding them now for the rest of the year so Staley goes.

Reckons they have been poorly coached for a fair while and if they don't change coaches next year Herbert may be wrecked for good.