What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: American footy thread

T.S Quint

Coach
LETS f**kING GO!!!!!!!

Top of the NFC baby!!!

It’s teetering on an edge though. We still have the same record as Dallas and Philly. Dallas is playing great footy, and despite their form diminishing, Eagles have a pretty easy run home.

I still think we will lose at least one more game this season (probably to Baltimore). It’s just my pessimistic mind at work. That missed field goal against Cleveland May end up costing us big time.

No matter. As much as I like to watch Dallas lose, I am enjoying being atop of the mountain right now.

Last edited:

jk13

First Grade
Anything could still happen, but now we have a chance. After 30 years I hope we can break the hoodoo unlike the f**kin eels

Eelectrica

Referee
Top of the NFC baby!!!

It’s teetering on an edge though. We bsrill have the same record as Dallas and Philly. Dallas is playing great footy, and despite their form diminishing, Eagles have a pretty easy run home.

I still think we will lose at least one more game this season (probably to Baltimore). It’s just my pessimistic mind at work.
Really hope the 49ers beat Baltimore.

Expecting Miami to lose at least one more game, hopefully no more. Gotta beat Baltimore and Buffalo . Can’t afford to overlook the Titans or Jets.
I’m not usually happy about a Jets win but this week I am. Should mean Miami don’t overlook them next week.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Really hope the 49ers beat Baltimore.

Expecting Miami to lose at least one more game, hopefully no more. Gotta beat Baltimore and Buffalo . Can’t afford to overlook the Titans or Jets.
I’m not usually happy about a Jets win but this week I am. Should mean Miami don’t overlook them next week.
I reckon if Miami were to lose 1 game it would be beneficial to be the cowboys.

The likely Ravens match is the most crucial of them all on NY day. Win that game and you have 1 foot in the door for the number 1 seed with the tiebreaker H2H.

As it basically means the Ravens have to win the rest while Miami can afford to drop a game still in the remaining games and still be ahead.

Anyway aim is to take care of Titans tomorrow and Jets next week and be at 11-3 for the final stretch.

Eelectrica

Referee
I reckon if Miami were to lose 1 game it would be beneficial to be the cowboys.

The likely Ravens match is the most crucial of them all on NY day. Win that game and you have 1 foot in the door for the number 1 seed with the tiebreaker H2H.

As it basically means the Ravens have to win the rest while Miami can afford to drop a game still in the remaining games and still be ahead.

Anyway aim is to take care of Titans tomorrow and Jets next week and be at 11-3 for the final stretch.
Yep. The way this round has gone we can’t take anything for granted. The old cliche ‘One game at a time’ is very much alive.

T.S Quint

Coach
Yeah Miami have a good track record in prime time said nobody.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Dolphins lost to the Jets next week. Just seems like something the Dolphins would do.

Although Zach Wilson played one of his good games this week. Which means he has to wait another 2 months to have another one. Seriously, how frustrating for Jets fans to see him play like he did today and think "Why can't that be every week?"

T.S Quint

Coach
Phili are done. Cowboys and 49rs are the best 2 in this side

Still think the eagles can win the division, cows have an incrediblely difficult schedule

Yeah, as I said, Philly have a pretty easy schedule to finish the regular season.
Seahawks, Cardinals and Giants twice. Seattle the hardest game of those, but still very winnable for Philly. If they don't win them all I would be surprised.

Cowboys have Bills, Dolphins, Lions and Commanders. They are playing at a level that should win them all of these games, but those first three are all tough matchups. Bills have been up and down, but when they are on they are very hard to beat. Dolphins have a great offense, so will be good to see them go up against Dallas excellent defence. Problem is Dallas also have a great offense but Miami has an average defence.

Niners have Cardinals, Ravens, Commanders and Rams. Should win Cards and Commanders games, but the other two could go either way. We've done well against the Rams recently, but the could pull off a win if they are on. Ravens are an excellent team who will be tough to beat. We know how SF goes against QBs who can run - not well. Like I said, I'm not expecting to win them all, and we will likely finish with the number 2 seed. Hopefully not any worse than that.

Going to be an interesting 4 weeks.

T.S Quint

Coach
Anything could still happen, but now we have a chance. After 30 years I hope we can break the hoodoo unlike the f**kin eels

Do I dare to dream?

No. I will not be getting my hopes up, thank you. Been burned so many times in the past (by numerous teams).

King-Gutho94

Coach
I wouldn't be surprised if the Dolphins lost to the Jets next week. Just seems like something the Dolphins would do.

Although Zach Wilson played one of his good games this week. Which means he has to wait another 2 months to have another one. Seriously, how frustrating for Jets fans to see him play like he did today and think "Why can't that be every week?"
New York fish bowl would be tough to play in i reckon. The media scrutiny there would be bigger then anywhere else in the states just because of the size of the city and main stream media. Similar to London with the premier league and here in Sydney with the NRL, Melbourne AFL etc.

The Jets are always in the gun and imploding year after year coach after coach QB after QB.

As a dolphins fan I hope it continues for ever. At least we have finally got our act together in the post Brady era.

You could say Dallas would be similar with the attention on the Cowboys.

But having been to Dallas and Fort worth last year while they are both pretty big cities you still feel that vibe your in a country town hanging out with cowboys. Plus college football is just as big down there.

jk13

First Grade
Do I dare to dream?

No. I will not be getting my hopes up, thank you. Been burned so many times in the past (by numerous teams).
As there doesn't seem to be a standout team this year it'll probably come down to injuries and home field, hopefully the chiefs finally get an away final

hindy111

Post Whore
If I was to pick the best 4 sides right now.

49rs
Dallas
Bally
Miami

In that order. Kansas and Phili only chance is to somehow get the no 1 seed.
So many of Philis wins where close. Even to weaker sides.Their record is great but it could be easily 6 losses.

King-Gutho94

Coach
As there doesn't seem to be a standout team this year it'll probably come down to injuries and home field, hopefully the chiefs finally get an away final
Chiefs will be travelling at some point unless they lose the wild card and go straight out.

They are too far back now to get top seed i would say and also just not playing well enough.

T.S Quint

Coach

Yeah, and we seem to have picked up a couple of injuries against Seattle.
Ward and Hargreave went off and didn't come back. Greenlaw went off but ended up finishing the game, so I assume he's ok. Armstead, Mitchell and Burford already injured going into that game.

Just hoping they can all get back on the field quickly (Ward especially) and we can stay healthy the rest of the season. Don't want another repeat of last year's NFCCG where injury cost us a SB.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Come on 30 years is nothing.

Miami is currently at 50 years they haven't won a super bowl since 1973. And last made one in 1984 when the 49ers beat them.

Even though i have only been a fan for 15 years.

Miami have more mediocre then Parramatta during my lifetime.

How would you feel if 49ers did win it though.

Would it give you as much satisfaction as Parramatta winning a comp.

Latest posts