What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: American footy thread

T.S Quint

Coach
Offense looked good once again for us today. I'm hoping the defence was just trying to keep themselves fresh for next week because they were well off their game. I don't know how many missed tackles there were, but it was just not what I'm used to seeing from them.

We gave up 230 rushing yards! Before this game, the most we've given up all season has been about 50. Passing defence was fine, apart from a couple of stuff-ups in coverage. We should not be letting a team like Arizona score 29 points on us.

T.S Quint

Coach
Bills are gearing up for the Playoffs.
Thanks for winning today to Buffalo, gives us a much greater chance of securing the 1 seed in the NFC.

Does this game hurt Dak's claim for MVP? I can't remember a more close contest for the award in recent years, but plenty of commentators are really having a hard time giving it to Purdy. Next week might secure it for either Brock or Lamar. Whoever plays better in that game could take it out.

If they do choose to go for a non-QB, it will be Tyreek Hill...but he needs to get back on the field and hit that 2000-yard mark for it to happen, I reckon.

T.S Quint

Coach
Trevor Lawrence is wearing a toupee. Having a very bald game.

That hair is a nice attempt to fool the football gods, but they see through it.

Jags were flying high not too long ago. Have come crashing back down to Earth since they got smashed by the 49ers. Another one of those teams that crushes the lesser teams but can't play with the big boys.

Lawrence is a fine QB, but he hasn't shown the talent that got him the number 1 draft pick yet. The Jags are getting there though. Another good draft, and some astute moves in free agency and they could be a force.

hindy111

Post Whore
I think right now we will see most likely

49rs no 1 Big game vs Bally
Philli no 2 most likely unless 49rs slip up. Possible.

Bally most likely no 1. Big game against Miami

Miami has Bally away, Dallas and Bills at home. Tough run. Bills if win the next 2 which is likely will need to beat Miami to make play offs. If Miami dropped 1 of the next 2 then Bills could top the group.

T.S Quint

Coach
I think right now we will see most likely

49rs no 1 Big game vs Bally
Philli no 2 most likely unless 49rs slip up. Possible.

Bally most likely no 1. Big game against Miami

Miami has Bally away, Dallas and Bills at home. Tough run. Bills if win the next 2 which is likely will need to beat Miami to make play offs. If Miami dropped 1 of the next 2 then Bills could top the group.

If Buffalo win their next two that will be a sensational matchup against Miami. I'll be tuning in to that one.

King-Gutho94

Coach
If Buffalo win their next two that will be a sensational matchup against Miami. I'll be tuning in to that one.
What i would do for Miami to get that last 4 mins back last week. Its almost inexplicable how the D that basically has been so strong for 6/7 weeks had 4 mins of clocking off against a dreadful Titans team.

Would have just preferred playing shit and getting beat by 10 on an off night then tossing away a game.

The door would have been basically shut by now on Buffalo for the division.

jk13

First Grade
huge game this week, should decide the rankings unless the rams somehow surprise us in the final week. i assume we will play lamar like hurts in the pocket. maybe brock and cmc share the mvp, which would be incredible being on the same team. it shouldn't be dak and lamar just doesn't have the numbers. tyreek missing games won't help

T.S Quint

Coach
yeah he keeps giving more evidence to make any criticism look like bs. that TD to deebo in the corner this week, something i haven't seen a niner qb do for quite a long time

That throw and catch were amazing. Both as good as each other.
He seems to have a great ability to read the defence, and go through his progressions.

Smith was ok at it. Kap was bad at it. Jimmy was better, but still not great. Brock seems Brady-like at it. He doesn’t have a rocket arm, but it’s good enough to get it down the field, and he has the touch that other QBs fail at.

When Darnold came in for that one series, and he had a pass to Kittle that would have been awesome, except he threw it with the power of a thousand suns, so it bounced off Kittle hands. That’s the kind of thing Kap used to do. Brock doesn’t do that.

I love Brock. ❤️❤️❤️

T.S Quint

Coach
Would have just preferred playing shit and getting beat by 10 on an off night then tossing away a game

I completely understand this.
Getting smashed by the Panthers in the GF last year hurt, but not as much as losing after having a 10 point lead in the 4th quarter against the Chiefs in 2020 Super Bowl. I was devastated by that.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I completely understand this.
Getting smashed by the Panthers in the GF last year hurt, but not as much as losing after having a 10 point lead in the 4th quarter against the Chiefs in 2020 Super Bowl. I was devastated by that.
You can compare last 2 NRL GFs.

Strangley enough i prefer the way we got beat. We didn't show up but look we weren't allowed to at the same time. Penrith were on from the get-go and i resigned to the fact that i don't think anyone would have beaten them that night. It was a perfect storm no one could handle.

Yeah i was devasted but i reckon i would still be broken 2 months on if the way Brisbane lost the GF from the situation they were in with 20 to go happened to us.

T.S Quint

Coach
You can compare last 2 NRL GFs.

Strangley enough i prefer the way we got beat. We didn't show up but look we weren't allowed to at the same time. Penrith were on from the get-go and i resigned to the fact that i don't think anyone would have beaten them that night. It was a perfect storm no one could handle.

Yeah i was devasted but i reckon i would still be broken 2 months on if the way Brisbane lost the GF from the situation they were in with 20 to go happened to us.

Yep. Losing after being in a winning position is always harder than just getting smashed from the get-go.
Broncos fans must have been crushed…especially after getting beaten in 2015 in the dying seconds as well.

T.S Quint

Coach
i remember texting my bonko mates with 20 to go saying "you're home!!!" hahahahahaha

My dad texted me with about 15 minutes to go "Looks like Broncos win this one."
He's the biggest jinx in the world. I don't allow him to comment on Parra games if he ever wants to see me or his grandkids again.

hindy111

Post Whore
Phili are cooked. They snack home in so many games. I don't think they are a great side. Dallas is a bigger threat to 49rs.

T.S Quint

Coach
This may be the first time I’ve ever been happy with a Seahawks win.

We have the tiebreaker over both Philly and Dallas this year, so we can now lose one more game and still be in front for the 1 seed. Good to have that little buffer.

hindy111

Post Whore
This may be the first time I’ve ever been happy with a Seahawks win.

We have the tiebreaker over both Philly and Dallas this year, so we can now lose one more game and still be in front for the 1 seed. Good to have that little buffer.

49rs are Superbowl bound. Nobody can beat them imo now with the home seed.

jk13

First Grade
Yeah please don’t say that. I’m confident but one major injury and things could shift. 4 ficking QBs last year!!!! 4!!! And then none