What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: American footy thread

hindy111

Post Whore
Bill might just be waiting around for the right job to appear.
When it was reported that Atlanta was interviewing him for the HC role, let's be honest, he was really interviewing them. I reckon he told them "Thanks but no thanks".

I don't see him moving back into a coordinator role. He'd be better off just retiring.

He can take a year off and go to a better side. Dallas and Philli maybe up for grabs.

T.S Quint

Coach
He can take a year off and go to a better side. Dallas and Philli maybe up for grabs.

I thought they might be up for grabs after this season, but apparently not.

Mike McCarthy is a good coach. Not the best, but a good one (kind of like Brad Arthur).
I'm not sold on Nick Sirianni. He has obviously had some success reaching the SB last year and all, but I just get bad vibes from him. I'm not sure if the players will be ok playing for him much longer. Seems like a massive tool.

I would have thought some teams would have jumped at the chance to sack their coach as soon as BB became available. The coaching vacancies that have opened up don't seem to be trying to get him, which is a surprise. But he could have just told them he's not interested, so who knows.

The Chargers hiring Harbaugh is a good move. I'm not sure what Seattle is doing (hopefully doing something stupid, but that's just me).

hindy111

Post Whore
I thought they might be up for grabs after this season, but apparently not.

Mike McCarthy is a good coach. Not the best, but a good one (kind of like Brad Arthur).
I'm not sold on Nick Sirianni. He has obviously had some success reaching the SB last year and all, but I just get bad vibes from him. I'm not sure if the players will be ok playing for him much longer. Seems like a massive tool.

I would have thought some teams would have jumped at the chance to sack their coach as soon as BB became available. The coaching vacancies that have opened up don't seem to be trying to get him, which is a surprise. But he could have just told them he's not interested, so who knows.

The Chargers hiring Harbaugh is a good move. I'm not sure what Seattle is doing (hopefully doing something stupid, but that's just me).

Guys like Sirriani have some great new ideas and tactics. Then after a year sides see the tape and work them out. Then they need to start again. I think odds are he is a bust are high.

jk13

First Grade
Good hire for them.
The guy has been successfully everywhere he’s gone. The Chargers have a pretty good team, with a QB who is very talented. It has seemed coaching is what has held them back.

They will be interesting to watch next season.
Salary cap is a bit bodge, probably need to hit big in draft. He’ll get a couple from Michigan no doubt

Eelectrica

Referee
Bill might just be waiting around for the right job to appear.
When it was reported that Atlanta was interviewing him for the HC role, let's be honest, he was really interviewing them. I reckon he told them "Thanks but no thanks".

I don't see him moving back into a coordinator role. He'd be better off just retiring.
He doesn't seem to have had a whole lot of interviews though. Chargers seemed a good fit, but they had Jimmy in mind. And yeah, I don't really think BB is going to take a DC job somehow.

Eelectrica

Referee
True. Sirriani needs a good year or else chop chop, enjoy being paid a few million dollars to go sit on a beach somewhere.
McCarthy is on his last year bar winning the SB, even then might still be last year.

T.S Quint

Coach
Conference championship day is nearly here.

Hopefully we have 2 great games.

I expect Ravens and 49ers to win and a rematch of 2013 super bowl.

I'm just hoping the Niners win. I'm on edge right now. So nervous.
As for the AFC championship, I think the Ravens will win but I'm not counting out the Chiefs. KC has the experience in these situations, and have one of the best QBs of all time in their team.

Either way, I think whoever wins the AFC will go into the SB as favourites, and will probably win. It will be another letdown for me after yet another year of hope.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I'm just hoping the Niners win. I'm on edge right now. So nervous.
As for the AFC championship, I think the Ravens will win but I'm not counting out the Chiefs. KC has the experience in these situations, and have one of the best QBs of all time in their team.

Either way, I think whoever wins the AFC will go into the SB as favourites, and will probably win. It will be another letdown for me after yet another year of hope.
I would imagine it would feel like Parramatta playing in a prelim final. They are so close to the GF or SB they can almost touch it. But still have the butterflies can they win.

T.S Quint

Coach
I would imagine it would feel like Parramatta playing in a prelim final. They are so close to the GF or SB they can almost touch it. But still have the butterflies can they win.

With Parra it doesn't happen very often, so I just try to enjoy it while I can.
The Niners have been in 4 of the last 5 NFCCGs. 7 in the last 13 years. I've watched them play in the second last game of the season quite a few times. History says that if we make it to the playoffs, then we will play in the NFCCG.

Making the SB however, is a different story. Only twice in that time has it happened, and we lost both. We've run into some good teams over that time. Been a bit unlucky. This was the first year where for a while I truly thought we had the best team...until the Ravens began demolishing teams.

So I'm going to have to go with the underdog story once again.

hindy111

Post Whore
Happy for any of the 4 to win it. If Kansas did with this side I'd put Mahomes as best ever.
I'd love Detroit to win it but I said it a while ago. 49rs will make the bowl.

T.S Quint

Coach
The only way I would have been ok if the Niners didn't make the SB is if it was going to be a Bills/Lions SB. That would have been fun to see, one team coming out of that game with their first SB win.

I'm done with KC winning. At least for now. They will win again sometime soon anyway, so they've got their chance.
I'm still dirty on Baltimore for beating us back in 2013. I won't be happy if they did it to us again.

The Lions are just one of those teams that I'm used to being shit. When they start winning it feels weird. Like when the Browns began to be a better team a couple of years ago (while still not being all that great) and making the playoffs. Like the Wests Tigers. I'll be cheering for them if they beat us though, even though I don't think they have much of a chance against the AFC teams.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Its like Mahomes & Kelce have been cruising along all season just waiting for the post-season.

They and the chiefs have deadset ramped it up 5 notches since the playoffs have started.

The form leading in was mediocre and looked like a side that wasn't good enough at the time.

They know how to win playoffs and every year they are there.

They will be considered a threat.

King-Gutho94

Coach
The chiefs find a way again. The defence has carried them all year.

After the 1st couple of drives there offence hasn't really got going.

Lamar Jackson panicked with that INT with 6 mins to go to a 3 man coverage. No need to throw it then take the FG.

As they had another opportunity next drive to go all in while behind by 7.

T.S Quint

Coach
This is pretty close to the worst we have played all year.
Especially the defence, which has been disgraceful. Giving up easy conversions on third downs is unforgivable. If we can't et ourselves out of this one I can see our defensive coordinator being fired.

Need to get the run going somehow. Lion run defence is very good, but we need to find a way through it. But nothing will matter if our defence can't get stops. They are running right through us and Goff is getting all the time he needs.