What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: American footy thread

blue bags

First Grade
Lion's dropped far too many catchable passes
Should never had happened
Lion's should have won by 7. Or 10. Maybe even 13 . 14 🤔

T.S Quint

Coach
Not taking the field goal was pretty stubborn. Virtually turning point. Feels good baby. We’reeeeeeee back!!!!

Choosing not to take the easy points and go up by 17 was bad enough.
The second one was worse. The kick was even easier than the one before would have been, and you tie up the game. How do you not choose to take the points there?

King-Gutho94

Coach
Not taking the field goal was pretty stubborn. Virtually turning point. Feels good baby. We’reeeeeeee back!!!!
Dan Campbell coaches on Energy & Passion.

That players love playing for.

Tactical nous and common sense isn't his strong suit though and that's probably what cost them tonight.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Niners will have to play an unbelievable game to win this one. No more giving up easy yards like this game. Our D-line in particular has to be much better.

2 crap games in a row, yet they still made it to the big dance

talk about kissed on the dick

King-Gutho94

Coach

AFC is stronger then NFC.

I reckon the 4 best teams 3 were from the AFC in the Chiefs, Bills and Ravens.

49ers probably would have struggled if they had to get through any of those sides to get to the SB.

But that's the mystic of the NFL some times the NFC is a tougher conference then AFC.

Then vice versa.

Atm it's slanted towards the AFC.

49ers were the stand out in the NFC and got the job done albeit a bit edgy both weeks.

hindy111

Post Whore
AFC is stronger then NFC.

I reckon the 4 best teams 3 were from the AFC in the Chiefs, Bills and Ravens.

49ers probably would have struggled if they had to get through any of those sides to get to the SB.

But that's the mystic of the NFL some times the NFC is a tougher conference then AFC.

Then vice versa.

Atm it's slanted towards the AFC.

49ers were the stand out in the NFC and got the job done albeit a bit edgy both weeks.

Underselling Detroit and the Rams

King-Gutho94

Coach
Underselling Detroit and the Rams
I think the Bills and Ravens were better sides then those 2 overall.

Bills must feel cursed atm. I reckon if they are an NFC side they probably would have been in 2 super bowls by now in past 4 or 5 years.

They have been unlucky running into Mahomes and its not like those games have been one-sided. They have been nail biters that could have gone either way.

They had Tom Brady tormenting them for 20 years in the AFC East and now Pat Mahomes in the past 4 years in the playoffs.

Eelectrica

Referee
3 words - LOL @ Ravens.
3 more words - Choke, choke, choke. Ok that's one word repeated 3 times, but whatever. Ravens for me are on the same level as the stupid Jests and Patriots. I don't mind the Chiefs. Don't care for Taylor Swift, but death metal is a good cure for that.

The Ravens defense stopped the Chiefs dead in their tracks the entire second half, they were moving the ball on offense, but kept shooting themselves in the foot. The karma bus hit Flowers in the face. Taunted Sneed, Sneed forces the fumble 1 second before Flowers scored a probable match winning TD. A TD there would have settled the Ravens down, and they probably win the game comfortably like last week. Chiefs had stalled out the second half.

The Lions 49ers Game was nuts. That Aiyuk catch deserves a name honestly. Game changing play, Dan Campbell is a good coach, but an idiot. 49ers kick a field goal to open the half, Lions had a chance to kick a field goal and re-establish the 17 point lead. Game flipped at that point. Granted, you can't say for sure the FG would have been successfull. Thren does it again later. Brilliant game though.

Can't pick a winner in the SB. Defense wins championships, so maybe Chiefs? Should be a great game honestly.
Don't even care who wins. Lions would have been easy to cheer for had they won.

Last edited:

T.S Quint

Coach

We've had some luck, yeah.
But hey, you need a bit of luck to win a SB.

And to be fair, GB weren't exactly all that great last week. Neither team played all that well, not surprising considering the conditions.

And this week we had a dreadful first half, but played a lot better in the second. We got lucky with a few dropped catches from Detroit and some weird decisions on 4th downs from their coach, but I'll take it.

We will have to play better for the whole game next week though. If we get behind against KC there is no comeback. Their defence is way too good.

Latest posts