What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: American footy thread

King-Gutho94

Coach
Game turned the moment the Lions opted against the FG and went for it.

I suppose its been there identity all year but in that situation you have to be smart take the pts get it back to 17 pts and make the 49ers have to go the length.

T.S Quint

Coach
Game turned the moment the Lions opted against the FG and went for it.

I suppose its been there identity all year but in that situation you take it back to 17 pts and make the 49ers have to go the length.

I would have thought the same thing.
I mean, if they get the TD there then the game is pretty much over, but still you should take the FG in that situation.

We still need to play better on defence. Forcing another turnover would be huge. But we really just need to get a stop and not have them marching upfield again.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I would have thought the same thing.
I mean, if they get the TD there then the game is pretty much over, but still you should take the FG in that situation.

We still need to play better on defence. Forcing another turnover would be huge. But we really just need to get a stop and not have them marching upfield again.
Yeah its like being up by 12 early in the 2nd half in rugby league and you get a gift 2 pts to take it to 14 points.

You generally take it to make it a 3 score game.

T.S Quint

Coach
Our defence crumbling again.
Lions got away with a roughing the passer penalty which could have gotten us a TD. Had to settle for the FG, which I don't think is going to be enough.

Now we've got Detroit cruising up the field again.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Well that's it i reckon

It was almost too good to be true Detroit Lions would make the super bowl.

Dan Campbell will defend the decision to go for it has done it all year why change now.

But that one at 24-10 was the game changer.

There is being aggressive and then being braindead.

T.S Quint

Coach
giphy.gif

Last edited:

T.S Quint

Coach
Never in doubt bahahahaha. Chiefs should b favourites

They will be.
The way they have played since they entered the Playoffs has been fantastic. Their defence is top-notch, and when you have Mahomes in your team you are always a danger on offence.

Niners will have to play an unbelievable game to win this one. No more giving up easy yards like this game. Our D-line in particular has to be much better.