What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: ASADA and Drugs in NRL

El Diablo

Post Whore
if they try this they will still be facing a law suit.

They will have to pay out his entitlements up until today but not for the remainder of his contract.

no shit

nobody would think we have to pay him as he's the one that has copped the punishment that makes him unemployable

Snoochies

First Grade
If the findings are preliminary and they have til January 14 to respond, will he be stood down immediately or we'll have to wait for the NRL's final decision?

Eels Dude

Coach
Hence why I said in a earlier thread a few weeks back that Elkin will be gone.

Reason the club kept him on was that they didnt want to pay him the reminder of his contract and face another law suit for unfair dismissal.

Now the club has the right to terminate his contract without any entitlements, leave, money owing, etc

I suspect Hayden will be brought back into the fold.

I couldn't believe that when the Sharks stood down their staff members we didn't do the same with Elkin. At the very least the club should have suspended him for a month and done their own investigation.

Jodeci

Bench
if they try this they will still be facing a law suit.

They will have to pay out his entitlements up until today but not for the remainder of his contract.

Obviously until today or whenever they decide to terminate his services he will get paid, etc

Jodeci

Bench
I couldn't believe that when the Sharks stood down their staff members we didn't do the same with Elkin. At the very least the club should have suspended him for a month and done their own investigation.

See what Elkin did along with Ricky was they went to the NRL and Elkin confessed and told them everything they knew why early in the peace.

The club then put out a statement if you all remember when this all started saying we have been in contact with the NRL and at this stage Trent has no part of the ASADA investigation, etc and resumed training the eels.

Jodeci

Bench
The Pirtek Parramatta Eels would like to re-affirm their position of support for Head of Physical Preparation & Performance Trent Elkin.
Since joining the Eels late last year, Trent has done an exceptional job preparing our team for the physical demands of the NRL. He is an integral member of the Eels Family and it is our intention that it will remain that way.
The Pirtek Parramatta Eels are not in the position to comment and will not comment on reports pertaining to what may or may not have occurred at another club in 2011.
At this time the club’s primary focus is caring for the welfare of Trent Elkin, Tim Mannah and their families.
The club will be making no further comment on this matter.

http://www.parraeels.com.au/news-display/Media Release Trent Elkin/73294

Jodeci

Bench
Elkin On ASADA Sharks Investigation
"I have never condoned the use of performance enhancing ElephantJuice"

Trent Elkin's name has been buzzing around in media reports on ASADA's investigation into ElephantJuice in sport, which relates to the time he spent with the Sharks in 2011 as their Head Strength and Conditioning Coach.

As a result, Elkin, who joined the Eels at the start of this season, has released the following statement.

“The last few weeks have been traumatic for my family and I and for many people at Cronulla. I am feeling very sad and distressed for the players and staff who are currently caught up in this.

"All I and they can hope for is a quick resolution to this matter for the sake of the individuals affected and the game as a whole.”

“On the advice of my legal team, I have provided ASADA officials with a statement as part of their investigation and gave an honest account of the period in question.

"I have never condoned the use of performance enhancing ElephantJuice and I have not ever knowingly worked with anyone who did.”

Furthermore, Trent Elkin refutes:
1. Reports that he was involved in a confrontation with Cronulla Sharks players at his home.

2. Claims he made repeated efforts to keep Cronulla team doctor David Givney away from Stephen Dank.

3. Suggestions he concealed information on the Sharks supplement program from Dr David Givney.

4. Allegations he told Dr David Givney to “piss off” during a conversation about Stephen Dank.

5. Claims he hid vials behind his back to avoid TV Cameras.

6. Claims he managed any administration of Warfarin or ElephantJuice otherwise used on horses.

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sp...ronulla-sharks-following-asada-investigation/

phantom eel

First Grade
Is there any recent statement from the club on Elkin? The above words all seem very weak.

Just punt the merkin and let's move on.

Eels Dude

Coach
Is there any recent statement from the club on Elkin? The above words all seem very weak.

Just punt the merkin and let's move on.

I saw Scott Sewerd interviewed on 10 News, he just reiterated what we'd heard before. The club stands by and would be appealing bla bla bla. I wish they'd take a stance too. Why defend someone who's done the wrong thing and the club really don't need to have an attachment to.

Last edited:

Gronk

Staff member
Presumption of innocence. You can't sack a merkin based on allegation (refer preliminary findings). If he is found guilty in Jan/Feb then he will have to move on.

If we terminate his contract now and then he gets off - we're f**ked and looking down the barrel of an unfair dismissal suit.

Due process merkins.

Might be an idea to put a date on the quote from the club in post 409 Jodeci? On first read it could appear to reflect the club's current position.

presumption of innocence. You can't sack a merkin based on allegation (refer preliminary findings). If he is found guilty in jan/feb then he will have to move on.

If we terminate his contract now and then he gets off - we're f**ked and looking down the barrel of an unfair dismissal suit.

Due process merkins.

this

Presumption of innocence. You can't sack a merkin based on allegation (refer preliminary findings). If he is found guilty in Jan/Feb then he will have to move on.

Due process merkins.

I think its refreshing to see the club NOT making a knee jerk reaction. The report only came out yesterday (although I suspect the club had been informed previously).

That said, based on the allegations put forward, I hope Elkins time with the club comes to an end soon.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
What's the point of keeping Elkin?
The NRL have cancelled his registration.
What's he going to do for us? Pour drinks at the bar?

Edit: ok I get it now. We are just waiting for official confirmation, then it's adios amigo.

Last edited:

Latest posts