What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT COVID hypocrisy / confusion

carinashark

First Grade
Australians are poorly educated, and resist change. LNP know that. Limiting the internet , poor handling of covid and limiting resources, try going to Centrelink. Keeps those in Rural Australia poor and dumb, see Coonamble High School.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Albo doesn’t help his own cause - and that Jim Chalmers is like a whining house wife. Dead set instead of bagging everything, come up with something…. I get it, it’s politics but dead set.
Yep spot on. Just give us somthing, all I see is finger pointing.

I often wonder if a bloke came in as opposition leader and said, “Idon’t give a shit about the other bloke this is what I’m gonna do” will people just realise how much of a blame fame it currently is.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
12 out of 49 that died today (with/of covid) weren’t vaccinated. Wonder if they regretted that decision in their final moments like I know others have. Sad really.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
12 out of 49 that died today (with/of covid) weren’t vaccinated. Wonder if they regretted that decision in their final moments like I know others have. Sad really.
Yeah quite telling really. 95% of the population vaccinated but 25% of those who passed weren't vaxed. That figure is 5 times higher than it should have been if the vaccine does nothing. Go figure.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Yeah quite telling really. 95% of the population vaccinated but 25% of those who passed weren't vaxed. That figure is 5 times higher than it should have been if the vaccine does nothing. Go figure.
Damn I left that out there and caught the wrong fish. Ahhh well, you’re right though.

txta2

Bench
Albo doesn’t help his own cause - and that Jim Chalmers is like a whining house wife. Dead set instead of bagging everything, come up with something…. I get it, it’s politics but dead set.
lmao, what is there not too bag?. The Federal government has failed on every turn in this pandemic.
And Dom Perrottet is a disgrace of human with some of his remarks.

shadowboxer

First Grade
There’s plenty to bag by labour, but what are they offering in opposition to Hail Mary Scomo.
If Albo reckons he can change his glasses, lose weight, put on new suit to look “better” and an alternative - he’s kidding himself.
How long till he rocks up at the Henson park hotel for a beer to rally the inner west.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
So 37 were vaccinated? I wonder if they may have thought 'why me' in their final moments!
Quite possibly. But many who didn’t die knew why they got to go home. 37 out of 95% of population is much better than 12 out of 5%.

Anyway we won’t ever agree so let’s not argue that point. I will say that my relation that works in the hospital has heard people first hand beg for the vaccine when it’s simply too late. Not one of them said anything about being glad they were not conned.

coolumsharkie

Referee
How long has it been now? I'm just waiting for those with half a brain to admit they've been conned!
Conned about what? If you're saying that this is still an organised, preordained ruse to somehow obtain power, money, advantage by way of feigning a virus and dumbing us into taking a vaccine for some sort of outcome then please let us poor souls know but I'm betting at very short odds you've got nothing.

You sir, are the one who has been conned.

Johns Magic

Referee
Quite possibly. But many who didn’t die knew why they got to go home. 37 out of 95% of population is much better than 12 out of 5%.

Of the 49 deaths on Jan 29th:

37 out of 49 were 80+ years old
47 out of 49 were 70+ years old

The youngest death was a guy 60-65 with serious underlying health conditions and had only had one vaccine shot.

If you read that release every day you won’t find many young deaths, and the ones that are are generally unvaccinated/other conditions.

There is also a big overrepresentation of unvaccinated in the deaths each day:

14/49 deaths on 29th were unvaccinated (includes two with 1 shot only as unvaccinated)
12/35 on 28th
9/29 on 27th
7/29 on 26th

coolumsharkie

Referee
Of the 49 deaths on Jan 29th:

37 out of 49 were 80+ years old
47 out of 49 were 70+ years old

The youngest death was a guy 60-65 with serious underlying health conditions and had only had one vaccine shot.

If you read that release every day you won’t find many young deaths, and the ones that are are generally unvaccinated/other conditions.

There is also a big overrepresentation of unvaccinated in the deaths each day:

14/49 deaths on 29th were unvaccinated (includes two with 1 shot only as unvaccinated)
12/35 on 28th
9/29 on 27th
7/29 on 26th
The other stat that won't be represented is that the 2x vaxed that received it over 5 months ago are virtually no longer protected but still included in those figures as 2x vaxed.

Quigs

Immortal
Bewdy Newk I get the strong smell of a new QANTAS thread brewing.

Going to be a fun few months coming up watching how the Murdoch Shit Sheets attempt to polish the stinking turd that is "our" Scummo.

The deafening silence from his supporting Cabinet Ministers is wonderful to just sit back and watch.

Now we have the "Yeah but" gang firing up. It's going to be fun.

sharknows

Bench
The Palmer ads have started & The Australian is blowing the Scomo trumpet. I hope I’m not in the minority remembering the bungling incompetence of this govt. Regardless of the alternatives we can’t allow this mob to remain in power.

Yep spot on. Just give us somthing, all I see is finger pointing.

I often wonder if a bloke came in as opposition leader and said, “I don’t give a shit about the other bloke this is what I’m gonna do” will people just realise how much of a blame fame it currently is.
Always has been. Politicians with integrity such as that might be popular with the public ,but dont last long. Thats if they ever even make it to such heights. Get stabbed in the back by their own party , big business, union bosses,and media. Remember when Hewson said what he would do, Media had field day and it was goodbye Hewson.

PJ

First Grade

Anyway we won’t ever agree so let’s not argue that point. I will say that my relation that works in the hospital has heard people first hand beg for the vaccine when it’s simply too late. Not one of them said anything about being glad they were not conned.

Yep, thats what my wife says and she is working in the Covid area.

Also that these people who didn't want something "unproven/untested/experimental" are really happy to change that view for the new infusion when Cov is kicking along

The other point she says is that in the local nursing homes send the +ve patients to hospital straight away, even if they are not struggling. And that most of those passing have covid but not dieing of it, particularly the oldies which probably makes the deaths that are vaxxed higher than they are.

PJ

First Grade
There’s plenty to bag by labour, but what are they offering in opposition to Hail Mary Scomo.
If Albo reckons he can change his glasses, lose weight, put on new suit to look “better” and an alternative - he’s kidding himself.
How long till he rocks up at the Henson park hotel for a beer to rally the inner west.

IMO Albo has done enough to win next election by not being Shorten.

PJ

First Grade
Always has been. Politicians with integrity such as that might be popular with the public ,but dont last long. Thats if they ever even make it to such heights. Get stabbed in the back by their own party , big business, union bosses,and media. Remember when Hewson said what he would do, Media had field day and it was goodbye Hewson.

Yeah I remember that.

Treated electorate with a bit of respect and said we need to do this and this is why and we said yeah, nah.