What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

Gronk

Staff member
Yeah maybe. Though I'm not familiar with his policy positions. I assume he is pro-mining.
It was more about how he with his $62m LNP by stealth campaign together with the Murdoch press (who are also not in power) influenced an election.

Compare their “influence” vs the Greens.

Bandwagon

Staff member
It was more about how he with his $62m LNP by stealth campaign together with the Murdoch press (who are also not in power) influenced an election.

That might be true, but it also might be that the merkins ego was too big to publicly acknowledge he failed.

Could also be a bit of both. I've no doubt he wanted to win his own seat back at least anyways.

Gronk

Staff member
That might be true, but it also might be that the merkins ego was too big to publicly acknowledge he failed.

Could also be a bit of both. I've no doubt he wanted to win his own seat back at least anyways.
No doubt it suited his business interests to have the LNP re-elected rather than having to adapt to a new market under an avowed climate change labor.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore

You make a good point. It isn't just the greens that influence outcomes.

Personally, I think the extreme ideologies of the far left are more dangerous than the extreme ideologies of the far right. But I don't condone or agree with either and happily sit slightly right of centre.

Bandwagon

Staff member

Personally, I think the extreme ideologies of the far left are more dangerous than the extreme ideologies of the far right. But I don't condone or agree with either and happily sit slightly right of centre.

TBH I don't see a lot of difference between Totalitarian fascists, and Totalitarian Communists.

Oh, sorry, we're talkin' about the Greens being extreme.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

At least we can agree that political parties can be responsible for political outcomes despite never having been in power.

Gronk

Staff member

By their very nature, the Left are progressives (probably too much too soon) and the far Right want hand-break said progress. In a perfect world a centrist position should then be great, however we live in the age of you say it’s black and I’ll want it white politics.

By their very nature, the Left are progressives (probably too much too soon) and the far Right want hand-break said progress. In a perfect world a centrist position should then be great, however we live in the age of you say it’s black and I’ll want it white politics.
Handbrake FFS!