What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It's because there was nothing for him to do during the fires. At least here he has a decision to reverse every other week. It's good to look busy.

Gronk

Staff member
It's because there was nothing for him to do during the fires. At least here he has a decision to reverse every other week. It's good to look busy.

Read the room, merkin. His approval ratings have skyrocketed from 38% to 68% because he has learnt how to be human, to show compassion and empathy and to shelve his arrogant "I don't need to explain anything to you" stance which he long held with the media and the punters. Now he is transparent and come to realize that even the delivery of bad news is OK, provided that he is honest about it and explains himself.

Baffles me why you need to place your spin on this too, as Blind Freddy (Fitler) can see it.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You're the one spinning this. The only difference is the scope of the crisis, now requiring a federal response. A leopard doesn't change its spots. Stop with the spin.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I think the fact that handshaking is now a big no no has helped Scotty no end.
Exactly. It's a completely different situation. This one suits his strength (making decisions) whereas the fires just required symbolic gestures. If we wanted that in a PM we would have elected Jacinda Morrison.

#JaMo

hindy111

Post Whore
Exactly. It's a completely different situation. This one suits his strength (making decisions) whereas the fires just required symbolic gestures. If we wanted that in a PM we would have elected Jacinda Morrison.

#JaMo

The fires was purely bad timing. I am sure his holiday was booked many months in advanced and prior to going he was told things are fine. I doubt he just jetted off. Just conditions turned sour the week he was away and merkins want something to complain about.

Bandwagon

Staff member
The fires was purely bad timing. I am sure his holiday was booked many months in advanced and prior to going he was told things are fine. I doubt he just jetted off. Just conditions turned sour the week he was away and merkins want something to complain about.

You forgot the bit where he returned and proceeded to make an arse of himself.

Bandwagon

Staff member

#JaMo

Yeah look, he's doing ok ATM, but he made some fairly awful f**king decisions during the fires.

The big difference this time around was being proactive with getting the states / feds on the same page, it hasn't all been smooth sailing there, but it's been a shit ton better. So credit where it's due.

The other big difference has been he hasn't tried to politicise it, which is what earned him the Scotty From Marketing tag during the fires.

Eelogical

Referee
Yeah look, he's doing ok ATM, but he made some fairly awful f**king decisions during the fires.

The big difference this time around was being proactive with getting the states / feds on the same page, it hasn't all been smooth sailing there, but it's been a shit ton better. So credit where it's due.

The other big difference has been he hasn't tried to politicise it, which is what earned him the Scotty From Marketing tag during the fires.
He'll be judged on whether he has learned from his mistakes post bushfires.

Bandwagon

Staff member
He'll be judged on whether he has learned from his mistakes post bushfires.

Right now we're at the easy bit, the hard bit will be how the decisions being made today, are dealt with over the next couple of years.

By the time the next election rolls around, we'll have seen how that's been handled.

Eelogical

Referee
Right now we're at the easy bit, the hard bit will be how the decisions being made today, are dealt with over the next couple of years.

By the time the next election rolls around, we'll have seen how that's been handled.
Ya have to admit....it's a great excuse for not having a surplus budget.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore

We'll have seen peoples reactions, which isn't always an indicator of how its been handled.

Latest posts