What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

Gronk

Staff member
I take everything I said about Virgin Airlines back. ScoMo should definitely bail out the airline in return for significant equity share. Because competition.

Oh and they should honour all velocity frequent flyer points.
ph34r

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I take everything I said about Virgin Airlines back. ScoMo should definitely bail out the airline in return for significant equity share. Because competition.

ph34r

not gonna happen according to Matias on Sky this morning, he went through the stake holders and Branson and some poms only own 10%, some Aussies 20% but the biggest stake holder is the Chinese, around 30-40% or something like that

he seemed to think as it was basically O/S owned they had enough assets and capital to bail them out themselves

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Why should anybody care what any ex-politician has to say? They had their time in the limelight. Buying up their 'memoirs' or 'biography/autobiography' is only feeding their ego or topping up their already overflowing bank account.
I thought you were referring to all politicians. My bad.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore

ph34r
Probably should use mine to stock up on golf balls.

not gonna happen according to Matias on Sky this morning, he went through the stake holders and Branson and some poms only own 10%, some Aussies 20% but the biggest stake holder is the Chinese, around 30-40% or something like that

he seemed to think as it was basically O/S owned they had enough assets and capital to bail them out themselves

Etihad and Singpapore Airlnes (via 2 subsidiaries) own about 40%. A Chinese investment company own just under 20%, Another Chinese corp owns 20% and Branson's company own 10%.

None of the guys above will kick in more $$ while Etihad and Singapore own 40% (given that Etihad won't).

It will be a private equity deal that sorts this out, after a long game of high stakes poker. It'll be ok as long as the operation can continue until sale. Etihad, Singapore and Branson will flip their interest for as much as they can get, and probably do it together.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Etihad and Singpapore Airlnes (via 2 subsidiaries) own about 40%. A Chinese investment company own just under 20%, Another Chinese corp owns 20% and Branson's company own 10%.

None of the guys above will kick in more $$ while Etihad and Singapore own 40% (given that Etihad won't).

It will be a private equity deal that sorts this out, after a long game of high stakes poker. It'll be ok as long as the operation can continue until sale. Etihad, Singapore and Branson will flip their interest for as much as they can get, and probably do it together.

Skynews reported last night that there are a few private equity entities very interested in a rescue package although they are expecting fire sale prices, so it appears it will be rescued in some form although it is expected to be restructured to possibly domestic flights only..

Gronk

Staff member
Skynews reported last night that there are a few private equity entities very interested in a rescue package although they are expecting fire sale prices, so it appears it will be rescued in some form although it is expected to be restructured to possibly domestic flights only..

Seems odd that they would fly Melbourne to Darwin or Perth and not New Zealand, Fiji or Bali. Indeed you could charge double the domestic price, yet fly the same distance.

Anywho, Deloittes said that my points are safe. :fire:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Seems odd that they would fly Melbourne to Darwin or Perth and not New Zealand, Fiji or Bali. Indeed you could charge double the domestic price, yet fly the same distance.

Nothing has been confirmed but I would imagine NZ would be included, we'll see I guess

Yeh, but airports have different charges for international and domestic terminal use, and all sorts of other shit accompanies the decision to do international stuff (though maybe not so much to NZ). They'll identify the profitable routes in Aus (of which there's about 5 or 6 really) and start with that.