What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

Gronk

Staff member
Name that country ! Merkin gets charged with 2nd degree murder in the most publicized death in the last decade or so ................ and walks out on bail.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He's not the one who actually killed the guy though. Does he deserve prison? He should lose his job but I feel a murder charge is an overreaction.

Angry_eel

First Grade
Name that country ! Merkin gets charged with 2nd degree murder in the most publicized death in the last decade or so ................ and walks out on bail.

How does a Police Office post a 1 million dollar bail? Must be KKK paying for him, I reckon.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
He's not the one who actually killed the guy though. Does he deserve prison? He should lose his job but I feel a murder charge is an overreaction.

moses-2Bstop-2Bit-2Bcartoon.jpg

Gronk

Staff member

Nonfeasance may not apply to the general public, but an officer of the law ? Hell yeah - it's part of what he swore to the badge and his flag. A cop just can't stand by and watch a murder and not intervene.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Nonfeasance may not apply to the general public, but an officer of the law ? Hell yeah - it's part of what he swore to the badge and his flag. A cop just can't stand by and watch a murder and not intervene.
I agree, but does that mean he committed a murder or just failed at his job?

Gronk

Staff member
I agree, but does that mean he committed a murder or just failed at his job?

He's potentially an accessory to the murderer or worse an accomplice. He passively acquiesced and allowed the murder to take place. The side kicks stood there for 8 minutes and 43 seconds and failed to intervene.

hindy111

Post Whore
He's potentially an accessory to the murderer or worse an accomplice. He passively acquiesced and allowed the murder to take place. The side kicks stood there for 8 minutes and 43 seconds and failed to intervene.

Exactly. Different if it was a 10 second time frame and someone was shot.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It doesn't mean they knew he was going to die. I reckon close to 100% of troublemakers being restrained would complain about their spine or being unable to breathe.

Eelogical

Referee
It doesn't mean they knew he was going to die. I reckon close to 100% of troublemakers being restrained would complain about their spine or being unable to breathe.
The only problem with that is, why did he need to be restrained in that position for so long? He was already cuffed and there were 4 cops there. Were they waiting for back up?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The only problem with that is, why did he need to be restrained in that position for so long? He was already cuffed and there were 4 cops there. Were they waiting for back up?
Probably just taking the opportunity to bully a violent criminal.

As I said, they deserve to lose their jobs, but I doubt any of them will go down for murder. The actual killer might get jail time for manslaughter or some assault charge.

Gronk

Staff member
I heard the audio over the 8'43". There was plenty of bystanders pleading with all officers to let him breathe.

His only angle I'd say is that two if the side kicks were rookies and fear of insubordination might be their plea. The asian merkin closest with his back to Floyd is toast IMO.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I heard the audio over the 8'43". There was plenty of bystanders pleading with all officers to let him breathe.

His only angle I'd say is that two if the side kicks were rookies and fear of insubordination might be their plea. The asian merkin closest with his back to Floyd is toast IMO.
The 'Asian merkin' is a cop. His race is irrelevant.

Eelogical

Referee
Probably just taking the opportunity to bully a violent criminal.

As I said, they deserve to lose their jobs, but I doubt any of them will go down for murder. The actual killer might get jail time for manslaughter or some assault charge.
Knee boy will go for a row. The others will be schooled in the art of making number plates at best.

hindy111

Post Whore

Wasn't he high on METH and Fetynol. The biggest issue for me isn't what happend even thou it was tragic, but why people have to turn to crimes and drugs. Middle class people with good health systems and decent education don't risk their life with this behaviour cause they do not need too.
But if your born lower class, poor education and can't afford decent health whilst making $6hr what options do you have in life? More likely to turn to crimes..... Wealth needs to be distributed better and take away the guns.