What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

Gronk

Staff member
Shit way for her to go out, but I reckon tonight she sleeps like a log, probably polishes off a bottle of plonk and finally gets a bit of solid shut eye...might not wake up until Sunday!!!

She did a good job, pity she got involved with a pathetic weasel....

As a double ouch, I read a couple of weeks back that if she served until Feb 2022, she would qualify for some of the perks for ex-premiers (eg driver, office, staff, etc). The duration required to serve as a premier were increased before she came in to the top job.... Damn!
She got the bullet for approving a swimming pool in Wagga So her squeeze in the Riverina looked good. Ok so she should have remained impartial etc.

However in scheme of things, it’s nothing compared with the billions spent by ScoMo on the sports rorts and carparks scam in liberal or marginal seats. They are untouchable and ScoMo basically admitted to it and said “so what ?”. Hence why we need a federal ICAC pronto.

Incorrect

Coach
She got the bullet for approving a swimming pool in Wagga So her squeeze in the Riverina looked good. Ok so she should have remained impartial etc.

However in scheme of things, it’s nothing compared with the billions spent by ScoMo on the sports rorts and carparks scam in liberal or marginal seats. They are untouchable and ScoMo basically admitted to it and said “so what ?”. Hence why we need a federal ICAC pronto.
Yep, and Fatty O'Barrell (yuk yuk!) Had to fall on his sword for even less again...

Interesting that the Libs were the ones that set up ICAC to investigate shonky Labour stuff .... they've only brought down Greiner, O'Farrell and now Gladys... Lib's have continually slashed their resourcing and budget but still, massive sting in the tail....

Bandwagon

Staff member
Yep, and Fatty O'Barrell (yuk yuk!) Had to fall on his sword for even less again...

Interesting that the Libs were the ones that set up ICAC to investigate shonky Labour stuff .... they've only brought down Greiner, O'Farrell and now Gladys... Lib's have continually slashed their resourcing and budget but still, massive sting in the tail....

They did get that shit stain Obeid and his mates, so that was a public service.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Must say I feel sorry for her.

Best Premier we’ve ever had, especially when you compare her to the other palookas in the other states.
Yep at least she has always tried to move things forward since probably june last year in regards to post covid life. Unlike the other coward premiers who lock up the citizens at the sign of a sniffle unless its GF week in Brisbane.

I think Victoria have shown it didn't matter if she lockdown straight away delta would have snuck in eventually anyway and been rampant it has just pushed the vaccination process forward by being in lockdown.

I couldn't imagine how i would be feeling now if i was a victorian under andrews with no light at the end of the tunnel. He has bashed that state from pillar to post with his arrogance and lack of accountability.

She wasn't perfect but she did her best and in 2 weeks we get to go back hopefully to bit a normality in going out even with restictions.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Poor bugger what a bad weekend for her

May be an image of 1 person and text that says LIVE lawyers dens lawyers law NRL TELSTRA PREMIERSHIP brydens lawyers 3 MIERSHIP neo GANICA neds wd BREAKING NEWS pon - PREMIER bryde lawy WEST TIGERS SIGN NEW COACH FOR 2022

Bandwagon

Staff member
The feds have been working on a model of that for a coupla years now. I'm betting they'll table the legislation before the next election, and the model will have a body so toothless that no merkin outside of the LNP will vote for it.

They'll then go to the election claiming Labor didn't support a corruption watch dog when they had the chance.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
The narrative around Gladys has been interesting. I’m sure she has managed a number of issues well, but let’s not forget that ICAC are investigating her.

They don’t do that unless something stinks to high heaven.

Gronk

Staff member
The narrative around Gladys has been interesting. I’m sure she has managed a number of issues well, but let’s not forget that ICAC are investigating her.

Fatty O'Barrell resigned over a bottle of Grange.

Bandwagon

Staff member

Yeah this is some crazy shit.

The ICAC isn't the big bad bogey man, they're the body that investigates corruption within the public service and government.

That doesn't mean she's guilty, but it certainly means they believe she has a case to answer.

Fatty O'Barrell resigned over a bottle of Grange.

No, he resigned because he perjured himself in denying receiving it in testimony to the ICAC. Lying to the ICAC has seen lesser mortals serve prison time.

Bandwagon

Staff member
I think O'Farrell gets cut some slack because his explanation of genuinely not remembering it at all. He could have given that answer in the first place, the old "I don't remember" was trotted out by Gladys numerous times in her testimony last year, and is of course the standard go to.

Barry just flat out denied it ever happened, which as it turns out wasn't true, and a dumb as dogshit thing to have said. It's so dumb, that it makes his defence of not recalling it to this day kinda believable, on account of people of his ilk just aren't supposed to be that dumb, and very rarely are.

Latest posts