What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
He's just a silly idiot who underestimated what he was entering into.

I review the situation and am more critical of a pervasive gun culture that allows him to do what he did rather than his actions.

Gronk

Staff member
He’s a better man than those he put down.
Well that’s very subjective, isn’t it ?

In 2015 a chap decided in Parramatta that he didn’t like the quality of a human called Curtis Cheng. Stop there before you accuse me of suggesting these cases are in anyway similar - other than the premise of a personal cause.

1637782827040.jpeg

I told you before, vigilantism isn’t legal and there is a reason for it.

Kyles Rittenhouse will no doubt be re-trialed in multiple civil actions [see OJ Simpson wrongful death case]. IMO he will found liable and will be sued for squillions. On the upside for Kyle, the gun lobby and the right of politics will crowd fund his case and he will exit these actions relatively unscathed.

strider

Post Whore
Well that’s very subjective, isn’t it ?

In 2015 a chap decided in Parramatta that he didn’t like the quality of a human called Curtis Cheng. Stop there before you accuse me of suggesting these cases are in anyway similar - other than the premise of a personal cause.

View attachment 56191

I told you before, vigilantism isn’t legal and there is a reason for it.

Kyles Rittenhouse will no doubt be re-trialed in multiple civil actions [see OJ Simpson wrongful death case]. IMO he will found liable and will be sued for squillions. On the upside for Kyle, the gun lobby and the right of politics will crowd fund his case and he will exit these actions relatively unscathed.
wow .... comparing it to a clear act of premeditated, planned terrorism ..... not similar in any way, which is clearly why you somehow thought to link them and mention it

I'm not trying to defend the kid ..... I think there is a mountain of f**ked up shit going on in the USA and he is part of it ..... but making this link/comparison/whatever-the-f**k is bizarre

#longestBowEva

Gronk

Staff member
Lol back in your padded cell champ.
He shot criminal scum. One was a peadophile.
I see you've given up on defending him legally and are now just happy they he played the role of pest exterminator in your dystopian mindset.

Gronk

Staff member
wow .... comparing it to a clear act of premeditated, planned terrorism ..... not similar in any way, which is clearly why you somehow thought to link them and mention it

I'm not trying to defend the kid ..... I think there is a mountain of f**ked up shit going on in the USA and he is part of it ..... but making this link/comparison/whatever-the-f**k is bizarre

#longestBowEva
LOL I literally said
Stop there before you accuse me of suggesting these cases are in anyway similar - other than the premise of a personal cause.
Woosh

Gronk

Staff member
But you literally still did it!
Because the premise of a personal cause was the same.

One guy (a 15 year old) travelled armed to Parramatta, with or without actual intent to harm (we don't know because he was killed by the cops), with a virtuous cause.

Another guy (a 17 year old) travelled interstate armed, with or without actual intent to harm (he chose to enter an area of hostility with an AR15), with a virtuous cause.

Terrorism and vigilantism are brothers from another mother.

stryker

First Grade
I see you've given up on defending him legally and are now just happy they he played the role of pest exterminator in your dystopian mindset.
I don’t need to defend him legally.
Thats already been successfully achieved.