What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

strider

Post Whore
And they need to play the game and offer an alternative view to the mad-right media outlets. But apart from only an odd few, this last election being one, SMH editorials on election days have traditionally thrown support behind the conservative options of the day...
I would say in the 6 months or so prior to the election, the SMH went hard at scomo and the LNP ... then once the election was called they seemed to flip

i think this falls in line with the need to keep people interested - cos it makes money .... ride the "scomo sucks" wave but make the election seem close to keep people coming back in the lead up

strider

Post Whore
Semantics and subjectivity. Merkins on the right would absolutely see them as lefties. I used to see them as centrists. A paper that used to report the news like the old says, but hey I view things through a different lense.

What is indisputable is that Costello's Nine Entertainment has signalled any position left of centre as being ancient history.
Sematics my arse ... you say someone/thing is a mad leftie, it implies very left .... a merkin is a merkin, but a mad merkin is a real f**king merkin

Interestingly, we had a discussion at work not so long ago and a few people in the convo fairly high up the editorial and management food chain were of the opinion the publishing arm of nine is swinging more left

All good things must come to an end lads, so the golf has to be driven back to the nieces tomorrow and then I’m back on the trains to make my way home. Hopefully they will be operational this time around.

if I get three likes I’m happy to illustrate the long journey home with photos.

Thence I will offer a review of the golf mark 5 and my 5 or so weeks of automotive companionship with it in Sydney’s Wild West. The good, the bad and the ugly of this motoring icon. The mighty emission cheater.

All that I can do is compare it to the Prestige and Gods own car, the magnificent family
Camry.

4E6F8D35-3490-49D1-90D5-A8C672CC5B0C.jpeg
For certain you get the feeling of sending arms to the Ukkies when driving it.

Last edited:

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
if I get three likes
Drag Queen Lol GIF by Paramount+

Suitman

Post Whore
Some funny screen shots of the Sky News screen comments this week. Particularly in the blue box bottom right of screen.
They really are salty.

1654341615047.jpeg

1654341926471.jpeg

1654342012765.jpeg

Mojo

Bench
This would be killing them.
Great. They get Bronie to come on to bang her chops and then Paul bangs on about what Bronie said. As long as they keep talking to themselves they’re performing a service to the broader community. They’re so pathetic, really. Ultimately they can all be buried with their microphones inserted where they belong, like some sort of modern-day Pharos transitioning into an eternal afterlife.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I wonder if anyone really watches this shit

Soon after the elections, their ratings went up but it was apparently people like me who just wanted to see their reactions, Rowan Dean was having kittens the next day he was so triggered